AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-07-13, 11:00   Link #61
grecefar

volume 11 is completed traslated so yeah... rei was awesome against the cuckoo and akari too at lastest chapter, man is going to be hell waiting for volume 12.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 16:40   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

vol 12 thoughts:

Kiriyama's kinda harsh on his teacher. He did take good care of him, so I feel Kiriyama underestimates his reliability score.
Elisabeth is so smart.
Wow, Raidou so doesn't deserve his wife.

I wonder who Kiriyama will settle on, for Akari's husband?

Noguchi's got a high potential, but for now, it's just potential. Hayashida's reliability score is too low (even though, like I said, I think Kiriyama graded too harshly). The shogi sempai are devoted, but maybe too much. He's looking for a partner (for Akari).

Nikaidou... We haven't seen his grades, but his probable health score has to be rock bottom. Even if Akari likes round things, the last thing she needs is another charge to nurse. (And the difference in social standing would be another source of stress.)

Shimada. Looks like it could be Shimada. Also a bit worrying on the health front, but Akari's cooking seemed to have soothed his stomach, so it could actually work out for both of them. And aside from that, his overall score has to be pretty high.

(But even if Kiriyama picks someone, it doesn't mean Akari will go along. Shimada's pretty scrawny.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 16:49   Link #63
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
For now changing the title of the manga to match that of the anime thread airing this and next season (Fall 2016 - Winter 2017).

Hopefully this will make it easier for those unfamiliar with the source to find the manga thread.
Old 2016-11-03, 15:22   Link #64
grecefar

I liked that the former kiryuu although he lost his title, he recovered his family and for me it was the best moment of the volume 12.
Old 2016-11-13, 15:11   Link #65
Alucard396

3 gatsu no lion

I have a couple of questions before I start the series if you don't mind please

1. Does rei get raped by kyoko?

2. Will rei get together with Akari?
Alucard396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 18:00   Link #66
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard396 View Post

1. Nop

2. And Nop.
Old 2016-11-30, 12:10   Link #67
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard396 View Post

1: Unless I missed something in the translation, the past event is never elaborated upon; something happened, but what it was isn't clear. Probably not to the point of rape though, considering what I've seen of her.
2: Definitely no. A certain other individual quickly takes the spotlight, with actions and words that hit him much deeper and experiences that move him to feelings of gratitude, admiration, and a lasting desire to keep her near and protect her. Sadly, unless they change their pacing or make some cuts the anime is going to stop immediately before this character really starts to shine.

EDIT: Following the series in Young Animal. If I understand the most recent chapter right, we're getting into one of the biggest reasons Akari's never had a serious romance, potentially as big as or bigger than her dedication to her sisters if you ask me. Specifically, the problem would be her father. This isn't really all that strange, it's one of the potential ways that divorce or bad marital relationships can have a negative impact on children: their first and most thorough exposure to romantic relationships, particularly long term relationships involving serious commitment and an ability to depend on one another, is through their parents. If their parents are always fighting, refuse to depend on one another or step in when needed, or put an end to the relationship quickly or bitterly, this creates a very negative image of what serious romance is like. It must be hard for Akari to imagine actually getting serious about a man and pursuing a real future when she was raised by a father who never thought of anything besides his own convenience. Even if she believes in the man, there could always be that doubt that this good guy could someday sour and hurt her the way her father hurt her mother. Frankly, it's fortunate for Hina and Momo that they were so young when this happened, as they don't really have the same degree of exposure. Here's hoping that one of the frontrunners is able to convince her. At least one knows really well just what she's been through, as he helped dig out all the facts for Rei. Here's hoping he'll find a way to convince her that he for one is not like that...

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2017-02-04 at 12:18.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 10:43   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for v14:
Old 2019-02-17, 06:04   Link #69
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hina's been blinding herself about Kiriyama, because she doesn't want to be left alone again like her father did? And in the volume before, we get Kyouko having a change of heart, saying she can't be by his side anymore and wishing him happiness? Yeah, that's a setup conflict if I've ever saw one.

I also find funny that his classmates are telling him that dating Hina is 'illegal' because they are 4 years apart, not knowing that Kiriyama's first love is 4 years older than himself. Not that it stopped Umino before, as she did both sides in Honey and Clover. I was wondering what Umino had in store for the romance part of March Comes in Like a Lion, but now it's just a little bit more clear what she's planning to do in the future.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 06:10   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think he's actually three years older. He's one year older than his classmates (3rd year high school) who are two years older than Hina (1st year high school).

And I'm not sure calling Kyouko his first love is accurate...
Old 2019-02-20, 00:37   Link #71
BWTraveller
Born to ship

It's a little odd to call it "illegal" as well since Hina should be pretty close to 16 now (don't think they ever gave her birthday), which would make her legally able to even marry Rei if and when she wants. Might have some trouble coming since Hina still seems to have some personal problems with her sense of self-worth. It seems like it's never occurred to her that she could do the things she wanted Akari to do; even as talking about him dating Akari makes her tears well up she can't help but think that SHE is the one who'd be able to make him happy and guarantee he doesn't leave. Seriously awesome that he finally confessed though, and in a way that she can't play off as an "act" to deal with a bad situation. Still, I suspect this's going to be a difficult issue for her to get her little head around, and she'll probably need a lot of advice from Akari and her friends. Literally can't wait for the next chapter. Also, I'm really glad Rei didn't screw this confession up. With him some time back having gone on to other people about her being his "fiancé" and stuff like that I kind of worried he'd screw up and present things as a given or an established fact, but he managed to make it clear that it's only his personal wish.

On another note, unlikely as it may be I'm still keeping my hopes up that eventually Shaft will be asked to take up the mantle once or twice more. This story absolutely deserves a full adaptation.

And as far as Kyouko goes I'm not seeing her as a rival or source of conflict, but if she shows up again I'm sure there'll be problems. I wouldn't call her Rei's "first love" or anything like that. Feels to me like the relationship between them was far too complicated for any of the words we currently have, in any language. At the least I'm sure that both know that they cannot find happiness there, nor can they provide anything good for the other.
Old 2019-02-20, 02:19   Link #72
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think he's actually three years older. He's one year older than his classmates (3rd year high school) who are two years older than Hina (1st year high school).
To a high school kid, that's forever. Not so much when they get older, though.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-20, 02:36   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
To a high school kid, that's forever. Not so much when they get older, though.
I don't disagree. It's why I was never too hot on Rei x Hina (especially as Rei's circumstances make him practically an adult, and Hina's well, Hina).

But still, it's three years, not four.
Old 2019-02-20, 10:17   Link #74
grecefar

Hina shipping akari and rei I didn't dislike the idea (I ship them before hina arc.), more when all the guys that are after akari look like old perverts you found in a rape doujin (even if those guys are cool.), those guys look illegal if they are in a relationship with akari.
Old 2019-02-20, 17:59   Link #75
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Hina shipping akari and rei I didn't dislike the idea (I ship them before hina arc.), more when all the guys that are after akari look like old perverts you found in a rape doujin (even if those guys are cool.), those guys look illegal if they are in a relationship with akari.
Illegal how? She's in her mid twenties now and she kind of looks it. She doesn't look like an old woman or office lady or anything but she's clearly a grown woman. And frankly I don't see this "pervert from doujins" look you suggest. If anything they look completely harmless. And fortunately by the time it came up, regardless how they look they've been fleshed out so much that I and I suspect many others can see their worth and want to see them find happiness.
Old 2019-02-20, 18:03   Link #76
grecefar

It looks Illegal for me, akari looks younger than she is that's all, and those guys looks too old for her, if you don't see then ok.
Old 2019-02-21, 12:33   Link #77
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
It looks Illegal for me, akari looks younger than she is that's all, and those guys looks too old for her, if you don't see then ok.
Fine. I agree anyway that she looks younger than she is, I just feel she still looks at least 19 or 20, in which case even the guy Rei fought near the start that Kyouko guilted him about would be legal, albeit a little weird.

On a different note I've noticed Hina has more than a bit of an inferiority complex where Akari's concerned. Back when she was in junior high she'd complained that she was sure her sister had never been through the sort of troubles she'd had, like choking and being unable to give a handmade bento to a crush. Now she can't even imagine herself being able to hold Rei, so she has to imagine him dating Akari to keep him from leaving. As far as she's come her opinion of herself seems very low and her opinion of Akari a little too high. Another way she still needs Rei in her life. She needs someone who fell for her over Akari and who can help show her just how great she herself is.

EDIT: saw new chapter, and honestly it's adorable. Certain other series have led me to enter into scenes like confessions with some uneasiness (I hate rejections), but honestly this was just too sweet for words. Especially loved how suddenly everyone nearby was pretty much ignoring the bonfire and desperately listening, and the look on Hina's face when she realized they had such a big audience.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2019-03-22 at 20:41.
Old 2019-11-01, 15:27   Link #78
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Given how long it's been I figured I'd just make a new post.

Sensei really hit home in the most recent couple chapters. "You can forget everything else but don't you dare let go of that onigiri". Indeed, very well said. Rei never seems to notice that all he's ever really wanted was to belong. Sure he's grown to love shogi, but ultimately it's the happiness and the bonds that fulfill him.

On a different note, that "blackness" makes me think all the more that Rei was, knowingly or not, drawn with borderline Asperger. I still remember when I was younger dealing with similar things, focusing so hard on something that all the senses faded out. Sensei's summarization fits really well too, working so hard on processing that the input can't keep up.

But indeed, I sort of wonder whether Rei is ever going to want to gain a title. It's pretty clear that such fame and honor has little to nothing to do with his personal desires. I imagine if he does decide to go that route it'll be for some reason besides the simple desire to be the best or gain honor or something. Maybe for the money, if Hina winds up in a situation where money is crucial or they eventually marry and have kids and need to massively increase the income on their account. Or even as some sort of demonstration to her or others he cares about, similar to how he refused to let himself lose when he was tutoring Hina because he didn't want her to feel like she was hindering him. Would be interesting to see what sort of situation could trigger real motivation in him though.
Old 2019-11-01, 16:22   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think he's been caught thinking that he'd get a title sooner or later. He just might fall into it.
Old 2019-11-03, 10:33   Link #80
BWTraveller
Born to ship

It's possible. I find it somewhat unlikely. I find it doubtful that Umino-sensei would have something huge like that just fall into his lap. Generally, it requires some kind of drive or ambition. He has some in his stubbornness and how he hates to lose, but still for a title against people as powerful and driven as we've seen, he's going to need something that makes him push through with far greater force. He currently doesn't have that, but I suspect he might gain it through Hina, either out of some desire to support her or perhaps inspired by her if she comes up with some crazy goal. Like, for instance, she might try to get some sort of scholarship to a college where she can develop her confectionary skills, and he either decides to aim for titles for money to support her tuition if needed or just becomes inspired by her drive and pushes forward to sort of keep up with her.

Tags
seinen, shogi