AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-08, 02:18   Link #41
Applehell

Game Informer Preview

I'm really happy that there is some intra-party banter. With the way the game seemed structured, i was afraid that individual stories would treat your characters like they didn't exist or something without a pre-set central narrative .
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 02:12   Link #42
Applehell

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-06-12, 16:38   Link #43
Applehell

New demo coming out June 14! Progress transfers this time to the main game.

YouTube
Old 2018-06-13, 19:14   Link #44
Applehell

Demo showcase at Treehouse, shows of a bit of H'aanit's and Therion's gameplay sections.

YouTube

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-06-13 at 20:09. Reason: replaced with a better video
Old 2018-06-14, 14:37   Link #45
Applehell

Demo is live at the E-shop!
Old 2018-06-15, 20:23   Link #46
Applehell

Thoughts on the demo.

I've completed the first chapters of Olberic and Primrose whom I plan to have in my final party along with Therion and Ophilia. Played a little of H'aanit's and Therion's prologues. I won't go over the Olberic and Prmirose since there isn't anything new for them here. The Demo itself offered 3 hours of play time before it asks for a final save to transfer into the retail version. You choose a new character to play by going to new game again.

Mostly going to talk about battle here.

Tempo and flow are good once you get used to the mechanics. The synergy between the Weakness and Boost systems work really well while still providing a nuance through individual characters and their skill-sets.

For example, becasue of how H'aanit's Capture and Beast Lore abilities battles with her feel a bit like something out of Pokemon where you are not only gonna be focused on defeating enemies, but catching them for their skills. Not does expand her abilities but the ways she can hit weakness (she limited to bows and axes) while simultaneously applying debuffs like blind without the need of a party. She also the best DPs among the cast and breaks enemies like nothing.

Contrast, Therion is much item dependent, but his a ability steal alleviates this and overall skill-set makes him incredibility powerful both in therms of strength and utility. Stealing get spell-stones much easier than other which grants to use AOEs to deal with encounters that have multiple enemies. HP Thief and SP Thief not only deal decent damage, but heal enough to sustain him easily. They deal two hits to making them even better when fighting with enemies weak to daggers because you don't have to use a Boost to wear down shields quickly.

I also love the fact that your HP and SP refill once you level up.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-06-16 at 08:16.
Old 2018-06-15, 23:27   Link #47
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Too busy with other games to play the demo, but I hear good things about it. Definitely will start off as the merchant girl. Just because. loli

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 15:54   Link #48
Applehell

Man the sprite work and details are incredible.

Images
First Chapter Bosses
Old 2018-06-19, 02:42   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I especially like the sprites of the human enemies. Maybe the size, but there is just something about them...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-07-08, 15:36   Link #50
Applehell

A french gaming expo just revealed 4 new jobs!

Shown @10:51 mark
YouTube

Translation from eternal_dream on r/OctopathTraveler

Quote:
Augur - Weapons : Not shown
  • Shooting Stars (Seemingly randomized AoE. 3 hits shown, wind -> light -> dark)
  • Tenfold BP (Self Buff, 2 Turns. Effect not shown)
  • Stellar Chant (Not shown)
  • Ethereal Heal (Party Buff, 2 Turns. HP Regen on taking turn action)

Rune Lord - Weapons : Sword
  • Fire Rune (Self Buff, 2 Turns. Causes one additional fire hit for all weapons)
  • Ice Rune (Same but ice)
  • Lightning Rune (Same but lightning, Not shown)
  • Wind Rune (Same but wind)
  • Transfer Rune (Not shown)

Enchanter (these are in Latin so they may stay that way in English, but translated em anyway) Weapons : Not shown
  • Burning Flames (3-hit fire AoE)
  • Enclosing Ice (Same but ice, Not shown)
  • Roaring Thunder (Same but lightning, Not shown)
  • Dancing Wind (Same but wind)

Warlord - Weapons : ALL OF EM
  • Lionfang's Guard (Sword attack, Not shown)
  • Tiger's Rage (Axe attack, AoE single hit)
  • Qilin's Horn (Polearm attack, Not shown)
  • Infernal Chimera (Not shown)
Old 2018-07-12, 00:22   Link #51
Applehell

Octopath Traveler details battle jobs, secret jobs, and party chat

Famitsu cover

Old 2018-07-14, 18:03   Link #52
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
And aside from the game itself, there's one other thing in the wild...

Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 19:59   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Does anyone know when the Party Chat option first becomes available?

This article mentions that other party members will eventually chime in on each other's story events, but I'm currently in chapter 1 with five characters and have never seen that option once. I'm beginning to wonder whether your party members interact at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 07:27   Link #54
Applehell

Okay, almost though Ch 1 with everyone before I start making my first team. Just Cyrus and Tressa left!

Current party and some screens:

Images

The NPC info are some great stuff so far:

Images
buy this man a beer or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Does anyone know when the Party Chat option first becomes available?

This article mentions that other party members will eventually chime in on each other's story events, but I'm currently in chapter 1 with five characters and have never seen that option once. I'm beginning to wonder whether your party members interact at all.
Not until the Ch 2 towns and storylines.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-07-17 at 08:23.
Old 2018-07-17, 22:26   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Man, I was just following the story (no sidetracking), but there is definitely a level jump from Chap 1 to Chap 2. Totally need to get some leveling done.

Old 2018-07-19, 03:39   Link #56
Applehell

This game is beautiful...

Images

Alright finished all the Ch 1 and formed my first (and main) group that I'll be playing.

Images

Well be doing all the available side-quests and side-dungeons but en-route to each character's Ch 2. Ophilia is first up going by the map. I'll doing the Twin Falls dungeon on the way.

By I'll post locations of the Ch 1 side-dungoens for anyone have trouble finding as I do them.

So first up:

Untouched Sanctum - located in North Clobbeston Gap. (just cleared the sidequest here)
Images

Whistling Cavern - Eastern Sunshade (you have probably past it if your playing Primrose, Olberic, Alfyn or Tessa and came in this direction)
Images

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-07-19 at 10:12.
Old 2018-07-19, 10:13   Link #57
Applehell

Twin Falls - South Clearbrook Traverse

Images

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-07-19 at 11:20.
Old 2018-07-19, 10:28   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Finally got my copy today, but apparently, you cannot use save data from a demo of a different region. My main account is JP and I downloaded the demo on the JP eShop, but my EU copy simply doesn't detect the prologue save data I've done. Oh well.

I started with Cyrus and went through North, thus recruiting Ophilia, Haanit and on my way for Therion. The game feels really great so far, although I wish the sub quest system wasn't so obtuse, and characters arcs would be affected depending of certain travelers in your team.

But seriously, I'm not sure how some people could pretend the game is an indie game. I wish most indie games could look as nice as OT.
Old 2018-07-19, 11:24   Link #59
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Finally got my copy today, but apparently, you cannot use save data from a demo of a different region. My main account is JP and I downloaded the demo on the JP eShop, but my EU copy simply doesn't detect the prologue save data I've done. Oh well.
Kinda weird, considering every version of game has multiple langues installed in it.

Quote:
But seriously, I'm not sure how some people could pretend the game is an indie game. I wish most indie games could look as nice as OT.
The same people who think this game isn't worth $60 dollars for some baffling reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Man, I was just following the story (no sidetracking), but there is definitely a level jump from Chap 1 to Chap 2. Totally need to get some leveling done.
Forgot to comment on this earlier, but Lvs aren't actually as important as Gear. The main thing you get from Leveling is HP and SP, but stat growth is minor. Equipment has much more significant impact and carry through areas you under the recommended Lv for along with good strategy.
Old 2018-07-19, 20:45   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Forgot to comment on this earlier, but Lvs aren't actually as important as Gear. The main thing you get from Leveling is HP and SP, but stat growth is minor. Equipment has much more significant impact and carry through areas you under the recommended Lv for along with good strategy.
Before fighting Therion Chp2 boss, I did steal all of the 3% equipment in the town, but I ended up swallowing a lot of healing items during the boss fight. The suggested level is 22 and I was like 13~18 and it is still doable, but for the future's sake and for some freedom in strategy, I thought it would be better to just level-up.

Tags
multiple protagonists, rpg