AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2004-07-24, 11:28   Link #741
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
quiz = bad.
i already know who the winners would be! ^_^ sleeplessheart and kj1980

loveofanime: you're still using that sig!!!! that was like from last year!!! ^_^ glad you not tired of it yet.

oh yeah, mantidor, I'm back!!!
Do you mean that as me being the one that answers, or as me being the one giving out questions?

Here's a sample that I am certain several members of this board who reads Cobalt can answer:

What is the full maiden name of Yumi's mother, and full name of Yumi's father?

hint: The answer is in this month (August 2004) issue of Cobalt magazine, in Konno Oyuki's short story "Toshokan no Hon."
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 13:21   Link #742
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanterelle
The mini specials are wonderful and give the series a light hearted and extremely humorous side, a change from the usually serious show, and I find myself rewatching them again and again.
I love those specials too!! I really loved the one were Sachiko was calling that guy, oh I forgot his name!!!!, all thoses names after Sei not showing up on time, then all of a sudden Sei just appearing right there, and Sachiko said something like " So fast..."

Sweets Yumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 15:21   Link #743
fuz_mind

Quote:
Uhm, I'm new to this anime but I would love to take a quiz ^_^
I've only been in mixed gender schools before, so its refreshing to know how it would be like in a all girls' school. Its not as rowdy in comparision, is that good or bad?

I really enjoy this anime, its doesn't have dramatic fighting scenes filled with action or a plot, but it manages not to be uninteresting at the same time.
But the episodes for the Spring season have been alittle slow I noticed, or I'm too impatient as always ^o^
The mini specials are wonderful and give the series a light hearted and extremely humorous side, a change from the usually serious show, and I find myself rewatching them again and again.

i think in real life, an all girls sch is a LOT more bitchy... but I digress....

actually i thought the original series started off a bit slower. the spring season's pace was much faster. but maybe that's just because I have been watching a lot of slow moving animes recently:P
fuz_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 21:43   Link #744
Chanterelle
Thermodynamics > me

I mean slow as in the fansubbing, not the pace of the anime ^^;
>.> The first thing I do when I go online is to check animesuki for the episode three of the spring season...I can't wait! >_<
Chanterelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 22:11   Link #745
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
quiz = bad.
i already know who the winners would be! ^_^ sleeplessheart and kj1980

loveofanime: you're still using that sig!!!! that was like from last year!!! ^_^ glad you not tired of it yet.

oh yeah, mantidor, I'm back!!!
OMG lani's back ^__^

quiz? where? Ive became so unactive in the marimite forum
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 23:17   Link #746
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Do you mean that as me being the one that answers, or as me being the one giving out questions?

Here's a sample that I am certain several members of this board who reads Cobalt can answer:

What is the full maiden name of Yumi's mother, and full name of Yumi's father?

hint: The answer is in this month (August 2004) issue of Cobalt magazine, in Konno Oyuki's short story "Toshokan no Hon."
oohhhhh... you asking the questions. sounds reasonable, but how many people would actually know the answer to "What is the full maiden name of Yumi's mother, and full name of Yumi's father?" >_< Especially if its in the Cobalt zasshi.

fuz_mind: I gotta agree, the 2nd season does seem to have a faster pace. More scenes in one ep!! w00t w00t But I do hope it has more purposeful/meaningful eps than the first season's rather silly set of eps.
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 06:11   Link #747
fuz_mind

Quote:
I mean slow as in the fansubbing, not the pace of the anime ^^;
>.> The first thing I do when I go online is to check animesuki for the episode three of the spring season...I can't wait! >_<
ahhhhh.....

a lot of the series that I;m following at the moment are pretty slow in the releases. hmm maybe it's the exam period or something

strangely, even though s1's pace is a bit slower, I enjoyed it much better. S1 gives me this really calm and peaceful feel when I'm watching it.
fuz_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 07:46   Link #748
Bracken33

I agree, maria-sama ga miteru gives me also a peaceful and calm feel.
I watch the show as an opportunity for escapism and I donīt want it to be overly realistic or with a very deep meaning.

I need to see more episodes of season 2 before I can have an substantiated opinion about the different paces of the two seasons.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 10:44   Link #749
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
slow in fansubbing... how bout you fansub this

anyway you guys are gonna get your maria fix soon =p
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 10:49   Link #750
^PaNdA
I hate you n_n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR512
slow in fansubbing... how bout you fansub this

anyway you guys are gonna get your maria fix soon =p
silly scr. anyway, it's "slower" because we're all busy this season doing other things besides fansubbing 24/7 compared to last season.

another fyi, there will probably be a week delay for ep 4 because a few of the staff will be gone for vacation and will be back in a weekish.

remember, patience is virtue.
^PaNdA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 10:51   Link #751
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

well technically I fansub 24/7 since I do like 6 projects @_@
Old 2004-07-26, 05:38   Link #752
Chanterelle
Thermodynamics > me

I would love to fansub but I don't take Japanese
Thank you for everything you've subbed, you are the best! ^^'

Sorry for being offtopic
Chanterelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 03:45   Link #753
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

I can't Translate worth a damn, I just to technical stuff =p
Old 2004-07-29, 19:06   Link #754
The_Dreamer
One of those days

Send a message via AIM to The_Dreamer
You know this has been nagging me for awhile...Does Sei's grande souer have a name?
The_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:32   Link #755
Takemi_Ikazuchi

She's commonly known as SUPER Rosa Gigantea among Japanese fans.

Generally because of that Shining Finger pose she did in episode 11 (ref: G-Gundam)
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:44   Link #756
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
She's commonly known as SUPER Rosa Gigantea among Japanese fans.

Generally because of that Shining Finger pose she did in episode 11 (ref: G-Gundam)
Sei's grande soeur was known as "Super Rosa Gigantea" before Marimite was animated.

This July 26th, the novel/mook "Maria-sama ga Miteru ~ Premium Book" went on sale. In addition to Hibiki Reine's short-mangas, there is Konno Oyuki's added short story "ANSWER," which deals with how Youko chose Sachiko to her petit soeur. All "Super Rosa Gigantea" fans should were excited as she makes another appearance here - along with "Super Rosa Chinensis" who they both make a strong impact despite they aren't focused in the short story that much.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 20:22   Link #757
The_Dreamer
One of those days

Send a message via AIM to The_Dreamer
Interesting. Thank you both.

That's too bad though. I was really hoping she'd have a name so I wouldn't have to keep refering to her as Sei's onee-sama. Though "Super Rosa Gigantea" is an interesting substitute. XD
The_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 09:41   Link #758
Bracken33

Quote:
another fyi, there will probably be a week delay for ep 4 because a few of the staff will be gone for vacation and will be back in a weekish.
I hope they will have a nice vacation.

Good timig as far as I am concerned btw. I couldnīt download it anyway at the moment, because a piece of my hardware was tired with life and died.

Quote:
remember, patience is virtue.
Your speed is fine. Take your time.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 09:44   Link #759
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
oohhhhh... you asking the questions. sounds reasonable, but how many people would actually know the answer to "What is the full maiden name of Yumi's mother, and full name of Yumi's father?" >_< Especially if its in the Cobalt zasshi.
Lanimooo, are you still awake?
I have got the scans for this cobalt edition. It also has the official arts of Noriko and Touko. Do you have time to translate it ?
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 14:56   Link #760
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Lanimooo, are you still awake?
I have got the scans for this cobalt edition. It also has the official arts of Noriko and Touko. Do you have time to translate it ?
OFFICIAL ART!?!? wahhhhhhhh I want!! but no time ;_; I work, surf, eat SUSHI! and then sleep. Repeat as needed. You can send it to me anyway, I can try get it done but I don't have a guaranteed date
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote