AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-04-22, 04:37   Link #6201
Chitanda Eru

This seri is getting boring with very slow progress. Ritz gave a lot of hints and potential but there's no suprise at all. Espcially when She hyped Usuzan very much but they're absolutely low level player. Their vice captain can only use her power one time and it is not good as expected. THe captain's power is quite impressed but she has no skill and got negative score in both matches.

And there's a lot thing that nonsense. Saki was overwhelming in the quarter, especially when she didn't use the rinshan tile to win and let Himematsu won that round to get +/- 0. But in the semi, she became unconfident again even she took off her socks

Besides, Achiga got stronger in one day and Shiraitodai became the underdog now. I think the captain's match of the final will be a normal mahjong due to Shizuno's super power, lol
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 05:23   Link #6202
AP24

The scores I posted turned out to be correct as confirmed in Ch 189. Senriyama is 5th place.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 06:03   Link #6203
The Green One

Chapter 189 is up, and it's just an aftermath chapter. Still going to be a while until the finals start. Looks like my boredom is going to continue at the series's glacial pace. Going to be a few more months before something worth talking about happens.
Old 2018-05-17, 10:48   Link #6204
Marina2

Chapter 190

G..Guys, after the long 10+ years wait,

Spoiler:
Old 2018-05-17, 12:18   Link #6205
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Chapter 190

G..Guys, after the long 10+ years wait,

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 15:26   Link #6206
tsunade666

darn, next year is long. I hope after a year or two, the captain bat is over and an anime adaptation for the whole battles.
Old 2018-05-17, 15:59   Link #6207
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yuki's evolution from one trick pony plucky girl to taking a level-up in badassness lancer to destroyer of worlds has been pretty entertaining to watch.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 16:38   Link #6208
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
darn, next year is long. I hope after a year or two, the captain bat is over and an anime adaptation for the whole battles.
I doubt it. It's likely we'll get another season next year since it will be the anime's 10th anniversary. But it took 3 years for the manga to cover the semifinal arc. So if we do get another season next year, it will only cover up to Ch189 at most. The Zenkoku-hen season covered Ch65-106, so it's going to take 2 cours to cover Ch107-189.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 16:44   Link #6209
Proto

Not to mention they can always choose to animate Shinohayu instead. Not that I'd complain.
Old 2018-05-17, 19:32   Link #6210
The Green One

Well I'll be damned, they actually started the finals immediately. Glad to see it. It'll be about 3 years to finish this match though.

Good luck Yuuki, this will be your ultimate test.
Old 2018-05-17, 21:36   Link #6211
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I'm definetely missing something, but it seems part of the strategy to beat Teru is GOTTA GO FAST Faster than Teru's mirror even. Guess its your best alternative when you don't have a hard counter or future sight.

...man, we're finally here. I'm still not that hype due to all the time we had to wait, but I'm sure that will change. Time to take it in and enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yuki's evolution from one trick pony plucky girl to taking a level-up in badassness lancer to destroyer of worlds has been pretty entertaining to watch.
Are you sure that's the word you want to use here?

I'm always glad to see smaller characters become awesome, and Yuuki has been doing great on that for a while now. My favorite part, altough I had to be told to notice it , is that she's using Kirame's hairstyle for this match (I do remember she and Nodoka are her kouhais), so you have comedy relief turned badass carrying the will (kinda) of one of my favorite characters in the series. Lets go!

Quote:
Not to mention they can always choose to animate Shinohayu instead. Not that I'd complain.
Same, I cannot be mad at Shino's angelic smile and total badassery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Good luck Yuuki, this will be your ultimate test.
Let the power of Subara flow through you, little taco girl.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 23:43   Link #6212
Proto

Quote:
Are you sure that's the word you want to use here?
There's probably something better. What I meant is that during the quarters and semis Yuki turned out to be a more effective and serious character than what she showed during the regionals, but still just couldn't manage to close it out.
Old 2018-05-18, 00:09   Link #6213
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
There's probably something better. What I meant is that during the quarters and semis Yuki turned out to be a more effective and serious character than what she showed during the regionals, but still just couldn't manage to close it out.
Budding badass? Cool lieutenant? Just throwing ideas here.

Well, its understandable her not being quite there before: It was all practice for this moment, and needles to say, she's going to need it.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 00:23   Link #6214
Kazu-kun

Yuki's burst is powerful but short. This is probably all she managed to do. I bet next chapter is Teru time and it's gonna be painful.
Old 2018-05-18, 05:18   Link #6215
The Green One

Yep, don't really expect to see Yuuki beat Teru, though I'll be impressed if she manages it. If she can manage to keep the game more even and prevent a one sided slaughter I'll call it a win. It'll also give the other Shiratodai members a chance to shine too rather than just have them lose points just so the game can remain interesting.
Old 2018-05-18, 11:23   Link #6216
Chitanda Eru

Hmm. Yuuki has scored high but I think Teru will have consecutive win and gain point back but this time will be very tough for her because the lack of dora and both yuuki and Satoha are much stronger than Toki and subara-san. However, we all knew that Teru has a potential skill of a Yakuman, so maybe Teru will not score nearly 100,000 points but she's still be the lead.

About Kuro, although her ability is very important to prevent the other players scored high, she is the player won't got any improvement due to the playstyle which won't drop dora. In other words, she cannot win especially with those players in the final
Old 2018-05-18, 11:37   Link #6217
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
yuuki and Satoha are much stronger than Toki and subara-san.
Nah, Yuuki's only strong during her East winning streak. Toki's overall a stronger player. Whether Yuuki can't avoid losing all the points she won right after the East Wind, will depend on whatever strategy Hisa cooked up for her.

Satoha on the other hand is strong for real. Her clash against Teru will be interesting.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-05-18 at 12:45.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 14:44   Link #6218
Proto

Quote:
About Kuro, although her ability is very important to prevent the other players scored high, she is the player won't got any improvement due to the playstyle which won't drop dora. In other words, she cannot win especially with those players in the final
That all depends on whether she managed to get her ability back at all. Really her best case scenario would be to get her dora ability back midway through the game so she can fly under Teru's radar.
Old 2018-05-18, 18:16   Link #6219
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Nah, Yuuki's only strong during her East winning streak. Toki's overall a stronger player. Whether Yuuki can't avoid losing all the points she won right after the East Wind, will depend on whatever strategy Hisa cooked up for her.

Satoha on the other hand is strong for real. Her clash against Teru will be interesting.
I actually mean Satoha compare to Toki and Yuuki compare to Subara-san.
And Hope that Yuuki's score will be poistive at the end due to her full defensive mode in the South wind
Old 2018-05-18, 23:15   Link #6220
Marina2

Well, we all know what will happen when someone or a team get high score early -- it is so that she/they can tank a hit that will follow...

I expect that after Yuki's momentum ended, the match will become the strategy game between Teru and Satoha. Yuki will try her best to defense her points.

As for Kuro, she is a pretty much wild card at this moment. Ritz might make her do something that no one see it coming. This is also her last match in series (probably) so expect something to happen.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-05-19 at 00:12.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri