AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-09, 02:34   Link #61
GVN.Chaos

Sorry then =.= But do you have a translation for that site ?
Old 2013-05-09, 02:59   Link #62
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Sorry then =.= But do you have a translation for that site ?
チェインバー(CV:杉田智和)

レドが搭乗するマシンキャリバー。パイロットと対話することでより優秀な兵士へと育成していくことを任務と する「パイロット支援啓発インターフェイスシステム」を搭載し、自律して行動できる。レドにとってかけがえ のない存在。

Chamber (Voice: Tomokazu Sugita)

The Machine Calibre piloted by Ledo. It is equipped with a "Pilot Support Enlightenment Interface System" which communicates with the pilot and nurtures him into a better soldier. It can act autonomously. It is something which is irreplaceable for Ledo.

--

As you can see, the mech and the AI are considered a single character. It's one complete system. The AI is equipped in the mech, and it's not the remote that Ledo carries around. That's just a communication device.
Old 2013-05-09, 07:42   Link #63
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No, Chamber is the mech. The mech has an onboard AI so it can talk. Ledo has a handheld device which allows him to talk to it from a distance.

It's explained very clearly here: http://gargantia.jp/#mechanic_0

Chamber is the name of Ledo's Machine Calibre. It is installed with a Pilot Support Interface System which allows it to communicate with the pilot to provide information and advice, and also act on it's own.

The AI and the mech are the SAME thing. Please don't spread misinformation.
Thank you I hope this clears it up for people

The thing is it should even be clear from the actual show since Ledo has only referred to the Mecha as Chamber every time.
Old 2013-05-09, 08:33   Link #64
GVN.Chaos

He introduced Chamber as an AI in eps 3 though >.<
Old 2013-05-09, 09:06   Link #65
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
He introduced Chamber as an AI in eps 3 though >.<
But just because he says Chamber is an AI, doesn't mean Chamber cannot also be a mecha. He is both.

In every episode he refers to the mecha as Chamber

In episode 4 when the mecha gets tangled up in the wire, he yells "Chamber"
In episode 4 when he is shown where is supposed to sleep he said it's convenient because it is near Chamber.
In episode 2 when Amy first sees what Chamber is, he introduces it as Chamber.
In this latest episode when he calls for Chamber's help, he calling for the mecha that is being used as a BBQ

And so forth and so forth.
Old 2013-05-09, 09:40   Link #66
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

In the end any robot with enough intelligence can be also considered an A.I. because nothing can prevent you from taking the base program and moving it into a completely different machine.

It's not like "if it's a robot it can't be an A.I.". Even the movie A.I. by Steven Spielberg in the end is about intelligent robots.

Or to put it in another way the relation between "Chamber" and "Machine Caliber" is the same that exists between "Socrates" and "Human body". There are many "Human bodies" as there are many "Machine Calibers" but there is only one "Socrates" and when you see the human body where the mind of "Socrates" dwells in you call that "Socrates" as well, even if it would be still "Socrates" if you removed the body and you just left the brain.

The specific "Machine Caliber" Ledo pilots is "Chamber" because that's the "Machine Caliber" "Chamber" is installed on.

Old 2013-05-12, 13:34   Link #67
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Hoo boy, the theorists are going to go nuts with Episode 6.

Spoiler for episode 6:

SUFFERING ahoy! Not Madoka-level suffering of course, but still much less fuwa-fuwa than what we've been seeing.
Old 2013-05-12, 14:58   Link #68
mikeomni

Certainly there will be conflict. We don't know to what level since it will be between Ledo and the Gargantians at this point. If the winding down of the violence is any indication, there is a possibility of a compromise where there is no death.

The Gargantians and fleets like it have been living with "Whalesquids" for who knows how long. It appears co-existence is possible. They might even be revered by the Gargantians ... which would cause a conflict if Ledo kills one.

This leads to the thought the Hideauze might not even be so alien afterall. The space ones look like snails to us. And the octopus (never seen one with barbs before) looked like the Hideauze to Ledo. Could Hideauze be a sort of biological machine produced by a different group of space colonists? It was previously established that there have been drifters. If humans need to migrate through space, water with living things in it would be hard to store except maybe as genetic maps which could be used to clone organisms. If you can clone it, you can modify it. Given that the Hideauze and Alliance were competing for the same planet, maybe this is really a turf war between humans.
Old 2013-05-12, 18:31   Link #69
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Here are 2 scenarios I see:
  • Hikueze were created by man, maybe as a self sustaining power source. When man went to space, so did the Hikueze and then things went to crap

• Man driven off Earth by Hikueze, some of them went native

Last edited by Funkatron; 2013-05-13 at 00:48.
Old 2013-05-12, 23:54   Link #70
Ghanw
(-_-)

Further speculation to what Funkatron said at 2. It could be possible that the Hideauze invaded earth before and to drive them off the humans artificially put earth in a ice age and brought the Hideauze to space to battle them.
Old 2013-05-14, 21:10   Link #71
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Further speculation to what Funkatron said at 2. It could be possible that the Hideauze invaded earth before and to drive them off the humans artificially put earth in a ice age and brought the Hideauze to space to battle them.
Base on this theory, I think it's more like the earth's ice age happened normally but Hideauze came to earth and melted all ice due to the enegy they created.
Old 2013-05-14, 21:12   Link #72
Ghanw
(-_-)

^True i see what you mean, but for some reason that came to my mind first instead of the other way around.
Old 2013-05-16, 14:20   Link #73
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Ledo could be in the past or in the far future. He caught up in a wormhole "accident."

Ledo either...

1) starts the war with the Hideauze. Ledo went back in time and started the whole war with genetically modified nanites and squid on Earth.
or
2) go thrown into the far future when the war has ended with humans surrendering, aliens restoring Earth, and humans giving up their technology. Ledo could be hundreds of thousands of years in the future. Hideauze settled down with luddite humans.
or
3) Terraforming technology went to hell. Earth ended up frozen. Humans started leaving. Hideauze were created to control electrobugs, terraform. fix planets.

The humans who left earth took their biotech with them and they tried to terraform planets with a different version of hideauze but their creation went bad.

My guess is that the nanite electrobugs are the key to controlling, subduing, ending the war with the hideauze.
Old 2013-05-17, 17:54   Link #74
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I do wonder why Alliance humans only have silver coloured hair. Any ideas?
Old 2013-05-17, 19:23   Link #75
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I think it's most likely due to genetic impoverishment caused by eugenic measures and near extinction events through the alliance's history (Avalon's population is very low for a space faring civilization).

Humans need sun to be healthy, the less sun there is in the environment the whiter the skin must be (conversely where there is a lot of sun a darker skin protects better against dangerous UV rays). Though vitamin supplement can circumvent this problem, due to the lack of direct sun exposure in space, it was probably easier for the individuals to be very fair skinned to begin with.
I guess that their level of melanin is so low that even their hair and eye colors became like that.

Old 2013-05-19, 13:33   Link #76
Funkatron
Highly irregular

So if space Hideauze are anything like the sea counterparts, they don't attack unless provoked, which makes wonder who started the Hideauze-Alliance war?
Old 2013-05-19, 14:03   Link #77
mikeomni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
So if space Hideauze are anything like the sea counterparts, they don't attack unless provoked, which makes wonder who started the Hideauze-Alliance war?
Very possibly the Alliance. That very thought came up during the first episode: who's the aggressor and who's the victim? The Alliance was the one doing the attacking in that episode. No where was it mentioned that Avalon belonged to the humans, only that the Alliance want it and Hideauze has been competing with them. We sympathize with the Alliance because they are humans like us. This bias may be incorrect.
Old 2013-05-19, 18:14   Link #78
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:

To make them look alien and different from earth born humans.

- they live in space
- are genetically engineered
- could be cloned
Old 2013-05-19, 21:14   Link #79
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Like I mentioned in the Episode7 thread, in my opinion it's likely that the Hideauze react to a certain technology. This could mean that they initiated the war themselves, but perhaps it's a "good reason" from their perspective, especially if the technology in question is "dangerous".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeomni View Post
Very possibly the Alliance. That very thought came up during the first episode: who's the aggressor and who's the victim? The Alliance was the one doing the attacking in that episode. No where was it mentioned that Avalon belonged to the humans, only that the Alliance want it and Hideauze has been competing with them. We sympathize with the Alliance because they are humans like us. This bias may be incorrect.
I'm pretty sure that Avalon was created by the Alliance and the Hideauze do not have any real interest in it, other than as a threat to eliminate.

We know that the alliance actually wants to colonize planets and Ledo seems to suggest that they live on Avalon only because they don't have anything better.

The Hideauze are likely the cause that forces them to live in space colonies.

Old 2013-05-19, 22:21   Link #80
Irenesharda

Quote:
Well actually we have yet to see any of the Alliance civilians, and have only seen the military force which suggests that they have been genetically engeneered or cloned since all of them have silver hair and violet eyes.

However, since Red hasn't said anything about the Gargantians different hair and eye colors,we can assume that he has seen others in space that don't have silver hair and violet eyes.

Also, Red has mentioned that there are humans known as "drifters" that haven't joined with the Alliance and live in space to themselves. This suggests that humans have now spread among the stars and there is no longer just Earth humans and Alliance humans.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread