AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-18, 20:16   Link #41
grecefar

I'm taking this as a behind the scenes of the original SS and to be honest I'm liking it more than I thought, it makes me want to watch the original one again.

I guess one can be overwhelmed with all that hate to her just to be welcome with a kind saori out of nowhere.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 14:43   Link #42
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...embers/.141005

Cast members:
"*Masakazu Morita as Pegasus Seiya, Keiichi Nanba as Pisces Aphrodite, Yasuyuki Kase as Orion Rigel, and Kenji Nojima as Phonos."

I wonder why they keep putting Morita for Seiya. Is it because he is younger and Furuya can't pull that?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 15:07   Link #43
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post

Cast members:
"*Masakazu Morita as Pegasus Seiya, Keiichi Nanba as Pisces Aphrodite, Yasuyuki Kase as Orion Rigel, and Kenji Nojima as Phonos."

I wonder why they keep putting Morita for Seiya. Is it because he is younger and Furuya can't pull that?
Aside from Omega, they've been using Hades cast for more than 10 years. It was pretty obvious that they'll keep Morita as Seiya here, especially since Jabu, Saga, Milo all retained their Hades VAs. Well, there's Aiolia nad Aphrodite, but they never had different voice actors to begin with (aside from LoS and few CD dramas). The only change I don't understand is Saori/Athena. Why she is the only one, whose voice actor was changed?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 15:18   Link #44
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

BTW. I don't know where's the best place to say it but a new minimanga started

Seems to focus on Saga based on some rumors especially besides the version of the Pegasus Cloth seen in this image
Old 2018-12-19, 18:11   Link #45
alex_drian

Quote:
BTW. I don't know where's the best place to say it but a new minimanga started

Seems to focus on Saga based on some rumors especially besides the version of the Pegasus Cloth seen in this image
Kinda sorta, none makes threads for Saint Seiya Spin-offs manga despite being good and this kinda have a relative relationship. You know, poor Chimaki under stress that in any moment Kurumada spite in her face and kick out Saintia Sho of canon. For now is kinda safe, FOR NOW.

All I could get of this was that Shion was an idiot and if the destiny says that you are going to be a Saint you are fucked.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 19:31   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not surprised Morita is back, but what about the rest of the Bronze Saints? Assuming they'll appear, of course. They had different voice actors in Omega.
Old 2018-12-20, 13:41   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

Cast members:

Furuya will always be Seiya in my heart. Morita isn't bad but it's such a shame Furuya won't be returning. His return in Omega was fantastic!
Old 2018-12-20, 13:55   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seiya will always be Furuya for me too, and I believe he could still perform the role just fine. However, IIRC, Kurumada was adamant on him and the others not returning because he thought they sounded too old in the first set of Hades OVAs, which is why we could get him in Omega (since Seiya was older there) and not here. I don't know why we didn't get Horikawa's Shun in Omega though.
Old 2018-12-20, 15:04   Link #49
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not surprised Morita is back, but what about the rest of the Bronze Saints? Assuming they'll appear, of course. They had different voice actors in Omega.
Since Jabu is voiced by his Hades voice actor here, Hideo Ishikawa, here (in Omega he's been voiced by Takeshi Kusao, aka the current voice of Capricorn Shura and the original voice of Wolf Nachi), I think it is safe to assume that the rest of the Bronze Saints will be voiced by the Hades voice actors.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 11:57   Link #50
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Volume 12 of Saintia Shou says the manga is reaching its climax so the series might have no issues in adapting the manga completely.
Old 2018-12-21, 12:08   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Volume 12 of Saintia Shou says the manga is reaching its climax so the series might have no issues in adapting the manga completely.
That would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up given past records (took decades for the original series to be fully adapted and Lost Canvas was never finished).
Old 2018-12-21, 12:35   Link #52
Blueknight78

Quote:
That would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up given past records (took decades for the original series to be fully adapted and Lost Canvas was never finished).
well for lost canvas we know the reason, which was while western in general liked lost canvas japan hated it with all his might, then the serie reception and sales was a total flop, that was the issue if saintia manages to pull at last close to the same sucess others series like soul of gold and omega get then it pretty unlikely it not gonna get a full adaptation.

Another big fact which can help saintia is the "netflix" possible disaster "diversity" adapation of the original which if all the hate turn to be true it can pull peoples even more to like saintia shou because it still being a "faithfull adaptation", saintia shou get a really good moment to be released.

it's so which all the hate over the crap which netflix is doing is making peoples "like saintia more", instead of peoples whining about a "serie full of girls" they are in majority happy about it because at last not was another "crap netflix diversity agenda" and a regular "anime".

Netflix in a weird way managed to shield this serie from most of the "possible hate".

the power of hate is uniting people
Old 2018-12-22, 11:53   Link #53
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Lost Canvas case was in particular a flop not only because it wasn't popular on Japan.

The main cause was westerners mostly had access to the series via piracy (spanish fandoms pirated with subs at amazing speeds.
The average number for DVD was 900-1000 copies each disc.
And the main buyers were french and brazilians.

If you want something to succeed you buy the product, if you don't' don't complain when it fails.
Don't blame the game, blame the player.
Old 2018-12-23, 00:37   Link #54
Galaxian

Omega was hated by most western fans, but it was seemingly well received by Japanese audiences since the Japanese DVD sales were good enough for Toei to give it a second season.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 01:15   Link #55
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Omega was hated by most western fans, but it was seemingly well received by Japanese audiences since the Japanese DVD sales were good enough for Toei to give it a second season.
only the first season when was about the "school and the gems and elements, when the serie switched back to "cosmo" and classic armor boxes and the new enemie the western audience started to like it, the omega problem was more the "start where they tried to make "something more in line with modern battle schools novels which make the "old schools fans don't like it too much.

and 2 things which omega did really well and was very well liked was the taurus harbinger and pisces amor, harbinger being one of the best taurus golden saint and amor being one of the best and more fun troll villians of anime, he trolling everyone and the "pegasus hyusenken (pegasus metoer) was epic and fun, he could not be the best pisces golden saint but for sure was one of the best smart and funny villians from animes all times he was really "gold".

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-12-23 at 01:30.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 08:51   Link #56
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Weird, here in South America the only reason the Legend of Sanctuary was dubbed was because Omega was well received so the franchise was in a good state. Then again, I thought people preferred the second half of the series for its redesigns more faithful to Shingo Araki.
Old 2018-12-23, 09:40   Link #57
Galaxian

Quote:
Weird, here in South America the only reason the Legend of Sanctuary was dubbed was because Omega was well received so the franchise was in a good state. Then again, I thought people preferred the second half of the series for its redesigns more faithful to Shingo Araki.
I honestly much preferred the first season. Even if half of the season was a re-thread of the 12 Houses arc, it still managed to give enough focus to all the Bronze Saints. On the other hand, season two spent almost all of its time focusing only on Kouga, Subaru, and the Legendary Saints.
Old 2018-12-23, 11:56   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I vastly preferred the first season of Omega as well. The second season did so many things wrong, and that includes the redesign of the cloths which looked awful with those giants gems on them.
Old 2018-12-23, 12:10   Link #59
Galaxian

Quote:
I vastly preferred the first season of Omega as well. The second season did so many things wrong, and that includes the redesign of the cloths which looked awful with those giants gems on them.
It's funny, of the 6 main Bronze Cloths I prefer the S2 designs for Dragon and Wolf, I can take or leave Pegasus and Aquila, but I despise what they did to Orion and Lionet.

When it comes to Omega's Equuelus Cloth, it would be the same as Pegasus and Aquila. The Clothstone design was really good, but I also like that the New Cloth design was throwback to the original Pegasus anime design (and that it ticked off a lot of haters ).
Old 2018-12-24, 14:07   Link #60
grecefar

I was wondering were was jabu in this chapter since he was all the time with saori and he's already in the mansion, oh well is time for milo to take action
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
side story