AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Favorite Character(s)
Super High School Level Luck/Hope - Naegi Makoto 16 34.04%
Super High School Level Detective - Kirigiri Kyouko 28 59.57%
Super High School Level Swimmer - Asahina Aoi 8 17.02%
Super High School Level Scion - Togami Byakuya 14 29.79%
Super High School Level Literature Girl - Fukawa Touko 2 4.26%
Super High School Level Serial Killer - Genocider Shou 14 29.79%
Super High School Level Clairvoyant - Hagakure Yasuhiro 2 4.26%
Super High School Level Idol - Maizono Sayaka 5 10.64%
Super High School Level Baseball Player - Kuwata Leon 0 0%
Super High School Level Programmer - Fujisaki Chihiro 7 14.89%
Super High School Level Outlaw Biker - Ohwada Mondo 3 6.38%
Super High School Level Moral Committee - Ishimaru Kyotaka 7 14.89%
Super High School Level Doujinshi Author - Yamada Hifumi 1 2.13%
Super High School Level Gambler - Celestia Ludenberck 9 19.15%
Super High School Level Fighter - Oogami Sakura 12 25.53%
Super High School Level Soldier/Despair - Ikusaba Mukuro 11 23.40%
Super High School Level Gyaru/Despair - Enoshima Junko 15 31.91%
Kibougamine Academy Principal - Monokuma 13 27.66%
Artifical Intelligence - Alter Ego 6 12.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-16, 14:19   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa - Favorite Character(s) Poll [Spoilers!]

Welcome to Danganronpa - Favorite Character(s) Poll - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite Danganronpa characters.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

Please note this poll is mainly for anime viewers, as such please keep that in mind when voting for characters based on knowledge from other sources (Danganronpa Zero, IF and Super Danganronpa 2). If anything, please do not justify it with such sources and stick with the original Danganronpa anime/game only!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2013-10-16, 14:23   Link #2
ChampDream
Alive

My favorite are Naegi, Kirigiri, Togami, Junko and Monokuma.
Old 2013-10-16, 16:21   Link #3
zetsubo666

Monokuma/Junko is my favourite character by a long way, she is what makes Dangan Ronpa such an enjoyable series IMO.

Sakura for being such a badass in the 4th chapter.

Genocider for her craziness.

To be honest I like most of them apart from Leon and Sayaka. But those three are my favourite ones.
Old 2013-10-17, 07:36   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Generally speaking, I have no issue with the whole cast, save for 2 specific characters: Yasuhiro and Touko, both being utterly useless in term of character purpose or plot device. That aside, due to the large cast, I picked 5 of them:

1) Kyouko: albeit presented as a cold and analytical detective, Kyouko is quite interesting. Past her skills, her personality still has quirks and I liked how she opened to Makoto (alas only in the free time events in the game).

2) Sakura: the character who reeks "respect" in both ways. I don't think it is necessary to explain this choice.

3) Makoto: I often see people complaning he is a "boring MC" but I digress. Despite being an average guy from the getgo, Makoto fared pretty well during the story as an anchor for the audience/gamers. Suffice to say, while some point might be questionable (mainly the fact he didn't tell Kyouko about Sakura's agenda), he is relatable and consistent.

4) Sayaka: probably one of the most unpopular characters out of there. Despite being just the "cute character" at first, I liked Sayaka because she is a bit more than that, and she is the only character out there who had a "valid" murder motive, as it was not only out of desperation about her friends, but also her own existence purpose. That aside, I really think she could be a decent sidekick to Makoto, contrary to Aoi who was a bit on her own.

5) Monokuma: welp, the series wouldn't have its defined identity without the psycho bear. That being said, I'm voting for him only because of the game. The anime counterpart was awfully passive with hardly any troll whatsoever. Monokuma was pretty much harassing the whole cast in many ways it is both entertaining and heinous.
Old 2013-10-25, 20:06   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Voted for

Togami - do I have to explain this? He's a jerk but Ishida Akira was great as him and I liked his reaction to Sho.

Sho - didn't see her coming at all, loved that she appeared more then her timid counterpart and actually didn't kill anyone though she had the means and motive.

Kirigiri - gotta say she didn't leave much of impression on me in the first few series but her interaction with Naegi and finding out just what her special title was (though it was kinda obvious) made me like her.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-10-31, 10:28   Link #6
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I voted for...

1. Fujisaki Chihiro
2. Celestia Ludenberg
3. Maizono Sayaka
4. Alter Ego

Old 2013-11-05, 20:32   Link #7
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I just started watching this....

THE BEAR, man. That bear is the best goddamn thing about this show
Old 2013-11-05, 21:57   Link #8
Quol
That Guy

Monokuma is just great thats all that needs to be said.

Naegi is the guy who solves all the mysteries so he would always be a favorite. Also i like his design.

Kirigiri she seems to help out naegi the most plus out of everyone there it seems that she has the most knowledge and figures out who the culprit is the fastest. Never understood why she kept quiet and let others struggle though...

Sakura i never really thought much of her, just another character added into the show and fodder for mysteries or drama. But when her death came and how sad the whole case was, and how she sacrificed herself, it made me like her a lot more (plus the class pictures had her doing some funny stuff)

But i'm surprised how popular byakuya is.
Old 2013-11-06, 22:32   Link #9
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Now that I'm almost done, Genocider is fucking hilarious too.....
Old 2013-11-26, 03:05   Link #10
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
But i'm surprised how popular byakuya is.
He might be an asshole, but he is one of the few people here who always tried to think and figure out things, even though he's not right all the time. Also he served as the voice of realism and reminds everyone of the absurd reality they're coping, even when his words come out as insensible and heartless to some people, like Asahina.

Also in the game he has more layers than the anime, from his speeches, his view of life and his backstory. While in the game he's more of an asshole he's still a lot more interesting than how the anime depicted him, and I see that many of his fans come out more from the game. But then, other characters also suffered from the lack of characterization in the anime.

Him being the prettiest bishounen also attract certain females. I actually met fangirls who really like him despite his personality. No, maybe it's his personality that they like him
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2014-03-25, 10:10   Link #11
TheBear9696
GarytheOtaku

My favorite is Genocide Jill

I always loved this character because it just gave me such a great feeling of happiness the way that she kind of relates with the main character from Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge (The Severing Crime Edge) With the way they both use scissors for weapon and they have like a strange other side that is completely different from the murderous side
Old 2014-10-25, 10:03   Link #12
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Voted for..

Kirigiri - my overall favorite character in this anime.

Naegi - for being awesome in the final episode.

Enoshima Junko - for being a great villain. My friend is going to cosplay as her (just hope we ahve enough funds left ><).

Monokuma - ufufufufu
Closed Thread