Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumac View Post
Spoiler for About Gorilla:
About her transformation
Spoiler:
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 07:08   Link #82
Breidaluk

I still don`t understand well what this fruit of evolution do. It`s more like every time he kills a monster he doesn`t level up but receive stats bonus.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 07:22   Link #83
Baltoferd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
I still don`t understand well what this fruit of evolution do. It`s more like every time he kills a monster he doesn`t level up but receive stats bonus.
The experience system still works, so he will level up only if the experience suffices. The evolution ability only strengthen his stats and 'evolve' his body.
Baltoferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 07:36   Link #84
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by casgoldsmith View Post
ugly? lol
sorry but he wasn't so ugly
Well, it seems that he became more slender and good looking (I guess he got this look after eating the fruit), but he was originally fatter.

Spoiler:

PS: He appears with his new look on the cover, but the face of his old look appears in the small circle.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 08:33   Link #85
drunkenwolfin
Bearded Author

That a nice start to the series, yes, it is very straight forward and not quite enough for me to really judge on yet.
But I am a little curious as to what I did just read, Maybe I have read too many novels but I kind of feel deja vu from a lot novels I have previously read before.
Mainly:
Accel World
Kokoro Connect
Arifureta

endonline.wordpress.com
drunkenwolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 12:07   Link #86
Solistia

btw I apologize, I hadn't read ahead to the second chapter when I first started translating Shinka, and hearing that he "Ate" the Shinka no Mi, I assumed the 'Mi' was a fruit....it should actually be Seed of Evolution (as what he consumed is most definitely a nut, he even likened the expected taste to that of an almond). So apologies, when the kanji has the possibility of meaning Fruit, nut, seed, truth, reality, pit (of fruit), core, and clitoris....it can be hard to translate without proper context.

So he ate a tree nut, but for the sake of sounding more awesome, I'm choosing the translated title as Seed of Evolution. Sorry for the confusion!
Solistia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 12:45   Link #87
Haigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltoferd View Post
The experience system still works, so he will level up only if the experience suffices. The evolution ability only strengthen his stats and 'evolve' his body.
Additionally the evolution will only start when he defeats a monster that is higher level than him. Which is technically any and every considering he's level 1
Old 2014-11-21, 23:27   Link #88
arvhe

Does the MC have an "inventory" storage, or does he just have to carry stuff around?
arvhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 00:11   Link #89
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvhe View Post
Does the MC have an "inventory" storage, or does he just have to carry stuff around?
From what I read everybody has a personal storage it's kind of a standard in that world.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 02:45   Link #90
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

After some thought and reading the posts in this thread, I have decided to give this a try and....it's pretty interesting.

How does the MC evolve? Is it like Re:Mon where he can evolve to a different species cause I see the MC only got slimmer but the Beast-girl Gorilla became full human?
BigNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 06:35   Link #91
dandiehard

question if he can kill a enemy and get there skill cards can he give the cards to someone else to absorb and power up?
dandiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 07:54   Link #92
goyya214
[][][][][]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNobody View Post
After some thought and reading the posts in this thread, I have decided to give this a try and....it's pretty interesting.

How does the MC evolve? Is it like Re:Mon where he can evolve to a different species cause I see the MC only got slimmer but the Beast-girl Gorilla became full human?
it isnt clear to me to about that part..
maybe darwin's theory of evolution (correct me if im wrong)
gorilla > human..

as for the MC, maybe there is no higher evolution than human?
so the type of evolution he took is
fat > fit?
ungly > handsome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiehard View Post
question if he can kill a enemy and get there skill cards can he give the cards to someone else to absorb and power up?
after reading/appraising the skill card it seems that it enters his body automatically

so maybe if others appraised it?

well he is the only one who can get a skill card from drop cuz of his ability

goyya214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 12:58   Link #93
Haigi

The evolution feels more like a status upgrade without level raising kind of thing.

I think the reason why he became slim is because a fat body is not as atheletic and therefore the evolution made his body to be fit and well muscled first and foremost. Plus a handsome face should be a sign of an attractive male in the animal kingdom. (like how male birds have colourful feathers)
It's corresponding to the stats like strength/charm.

The Gorilla as mentioned before, she originally can change into a human but with her stats dramatically decreased. It's not because of the evolution fruit.

For skill cards...the author haven't touched upon whether he can give it to another person but once he learns it, he won't get it from a drop again. When he reads the card it just automatically gets absorbed so I doubt it can be given.
Old 2014-11-22, 13:42   Link #94
NotteBoy97

Question I am at the part where he is joining the guild but I am having trouble understanding what is going on. Can someone explain it to me? Thanks in advance
NotteBoy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 14:29   Link #95
arvhe

Isn't it possible the MC was naturally attractive, he was just fat and smelly, so no one noticed?
Old 2014-11-22, 14:43   Link #96
obnuchious

someone mentioned that the MC as other childhood friends...
which chapter were they mentioned?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 15:08   Link #97
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
someone mentioned that the MC as other childhood friends...
which chapter were they mentioned?
I think it was the beginning of chapter 16 that starts off with the childhood's POV, The 3 childhood friends found out how the whole class excluded the MC and that they didn't remember his name but could only recall him by the name PIG, the childhood friends were seriously pissed off about this.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 15:35   Link #98
arvhe

I just read a machine translation, and mc changed "tribe" to new human. Is that like superhuman?
Old 2014-11-22, 15:36   Link #99
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
I think it was the beginning of chapter 16 that starts off with the childhood's POV, The 3 childhood friends found out how the whole class excluded the MC and that they didn't remember his name but could only recall him by the name PIG, the childhood friends were seriously pissed off about this.
I thought the MC had no friends.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 15:47   Link #100
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I thought the MC had no friends.
MC probably distanced himself from th childhood friends. It was said that they were also in different classes and MC must have refused to hang out with them cause of bullying. I'm really curious about these childhood friends. Hope they're not all females.
BigNobody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gijinka, harem, isekai, true harem, webnovel