AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-06-03, 14:19   Link #721
sk3

When opening MKV's on Quicktime you need to leave it alone for a few moments because it's "streaming" the MKV. It's always a little slow at first, but when complete it runs smooth on my system.

Which mplayer build did you used? Did you used the same build from this thread?
Old 2008-06-03, 14:39   Link #722
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3 View Post
When opening MKV's on Quicktime you need to leave it alone for a few moments because it's "streaming" the MKV. It's always a little slow at first, but when complete it runs smooth on my system.

Which mplayer build did you used? Did you used the same build from this thread?
I solved the Quicktime problem (silly me was streaming it of my own network on another computer )

And yeah i used the build found in this thread
Old 2008-06-03, 14:44   Link #723
sk3

Try putting the following code under preferences - advanced of Mplayer OSX

-ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig

and see if it works

EDIT: try using the V key to enable/disable subtitles.
Old 2008-06-03, 15:23   Link #724
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3 View Post
Try putting the following code under preferences - advanced of Mplayer OSX

-ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig

and see if it works

EDIT: try using the V key to enable/disable subtitles.
Nope, still not working :/
Old 2008-06-03, 17:26   Link #725
sk3

That's kinda strange. Do you have subtitles with Perian? if you do could you tell what file are you trying to open so i can try on my mac.

Last edited by sk3; 2008-06-21 at 08:59.
Old 2008-06-04, 00:44   Link #726
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

I do have Subtitles with perian, and the file(s) im trying to open are just random Anime in my case .Hack//SIGN and Seto no Hayanome which are .mkv files

I do seem to have Subtitles when i open a normal Xvid file on Mplayer
Old 2008-06-04, 05:07   Link #727
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantoe View Post
That's likely because the subtitles are hard-coded; that is, if you can play the video, you'll see the subs because they are part of the video.
Old 2008-06-05, 08:50   Link #728
sk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantoe View Post
I do have Subtitles with perian, and the file(s) im trying to open are just random Anime in my case .Hack//SIGN and Seto no Hayanome which are .mkv files

Have you tried with more recent releases? It's strange that Perian works well and mplayer doesn't show any subtitles...
Old 2008-06-05, 12:47   Link #729
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a bug report has been filed with the MPlayer crew regarding the "inactive RAM" leak on Leopard? It'd be fine if it really did behave like inactive RAM, but when it builds to the point that there's no free RAM left, it really does slow down the machine and cause lots of page outs.
Old 2008-06-05, 21:50   Link #730
bchan009

If you're using the version of mplayer in this thread, then you use J to change subtitles and SHIFT + 3 (#) to change language on the fly.

Of course, you need to have -ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig set up in the preferences.
Old 2008-06-09, 03:08   Link #731
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchan009 View Post
If you're using the version of mplayer in this thread, then you use J to change subtitles and SHIFT + 3 (#) to change language on the fly.

Of course, you need to have -ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig set up in the preferences.
Thanks, that actually made it work <3
Old 2008-06-09, 09:55   Link #732
Solecs

I also find it convenient to add "-sid 0" to the advanced parameters so I don't have to manually turn on the subtitles every time. It just tells mplayer to automatically use the first subtitle stream if it's available.
Old 2008-06-10, 05:35   Link #733
Nonezumi

I'm thinking it might be worth posting my updated version of MPlayer again. I did a little work on the front-end to do with Subtitles, and was hoping to have more time to add more features, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Seems pretty damn stable so far and based on a newer MPlayer core build. Been using it for a couple of months now.

Last edited by Nonezumi; 2008-06-10 at 10:30. Reason: grammar correction!
Old 2008-06-10, 12:23   Link #734
Ryoujin
What?

Even tho MPlayer is the one that plays the most from the stuff I get around, I've been experiencing such weird issues with it lately.

I run on an iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 10.5.2 and 1 GB of RAM. If I'm not wrong I'm using the RC1 build that was posted somewhere in this thread, and overall it's ok (I've been using it for a very very long while).

Anyway, sometimes randomly the cursor disappears (while being in MPlayer) so to fix it I have to close the player. Other times when I'm playing MKVs (I'm usually downloading these lately) when they are too big (the resolution, over 1000 px) it gets a bit slow (I usually fix it by using some framedrop command), but then last night it got to a point that the player completly froze in the episode I was watching so I had to close it, and even after closing it it made my computer really slow (ended up using QuickTime+Perian for that episode, QT was slow because of the issues I previously had with MPlayer) and after a restart it was fine.

Not like they are serious issues, tho (hence why I have MPlayer, VLC and QuickTime+Perian and I alternate if issues show up), but meh, sometimes I'd wish MPlayer wasn't so buggy

By the way, does anyone knows if Perian breaks with the latest QuickTime update (7.5)?

Last edited by Ryoujin; 2008-06-10 at 12:39. Reason: Added the BTW thingie
Old 2008-06-10, 14:12   Link #735
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoujin View Post
By the way, does anyone knows if Perian breaks with the latest QuickTime update (7.5)?
I haven't seen any complaints or mentions of it posted to the Perian forums, so I presume that it's safe. If it was just released a few hours ago it might take a while for people to notice problems.
Old 2008-06-12, 11:30   Link #736
bchan009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonezumi View Post
I'm thinking it might be worth posting my updated version of MPlayer again. I did a little work on the front-end to do with Subtitles, and was hoping to have more time to add more features, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Seems pretty damn stable so far and based on a newer MPlayer core build. Been using it for a couple of months now.
New version = yes please.
Old 2008-06-13, 22:27   Link #737
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoujin View Post
Perian 1.1 works perfectly fine with update 7.5

My only problem is that under 10.5 MPlayer refuses to read my key inputs or show subtitles. Hitting V or J doesn't do anything, therefore i can't have subtitles. And yes I have -ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig under the Advanced Settings. I did an upgrade from 10.4.11 so I know that it did work, but now I'm stuck.
Old 2008-06-16, 07:44   Link #738
bchan009

Try to do a fresh install - I'm running Mplayer just fine on Mac OS X 10.5.3.
Old 2008-06-16, 07:58   Link #739
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Takeru

Kill the .mplayer folder in your home directory, and the hu.mplayerhq.mplayerosx.plist file from your ~/Library/Preferences directories, as well as deleting and then reinstalling the MplayerOSX binary before you reinstall. A reboot before the reinstall might be indicated as well

Oh yes - .mplayer is invisible. Use Onyx (or similar) to make it visible to be deletable

-Andiyar
Old 2008-06-17, 14:57   Link #740
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
@ Takeru

Kill the .mplayer folder in your home directory, and the hu.mplayerhq.mplayerosx.plist file from your ~/Library/Preferences directories, as well as deleting and then reinstalling the MplayerOSX binary before you reinstall. A reboot before the reinstall might be indicated as well

Oh yes - .mplayer is invisible. Use Onyx (or similar) to make it visible to be deletable

-Andiyar
Thanks! It worked perfectly!

Tags
fansubs, mac, wiki candidate