AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-19, 21:47   Link #181
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
i dont understand how they made maka such a strong character at the beginning and now she is like the weakest...? lets recap for a second... they almost made soul into a death scythe which means they had the most souls out of everybody? and now its like out of the 3 she is the weakest? its obvious if she fought black star she would lose and kid is a given.. the only way i can see her winning is if she uses the black blood with soul? other then that she just has smarts? i do hope she becomes stronger cuz its no fun watching her get her ass handed to her...
Yes, Maka does get stronger, however B*S and Kid have always been stronger than her, but it doesn't make her weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Even with the black blood Black Star without a weapon is still deadly as his ability to use his wavelength as a weapon is suited to fight the Black Blood therefore if he uses the Fey Blade thing as well Maka with surely die. Black Star's power is probably on par with someone like Stein or Sid.
Maka wouldn't use Black Blood against B*S nor, does she need it. She put fight evenly when she gets a "certain other ability" along with using her brains.

Quote:
She isn't even near her mother's level yes Maka is talented and has potential no doubt about that but the lack of communication between Soul and Maka dulls their power in my opinion because stronger resolve and stronger bond = greater wavelength and resonance.
I disagree. If anything Maka and Soul have the strongest bond, those two contsisently match themselves to each other, while B*S never matchs himself to Tsubaki instead she matchs herself to him.

Quote:
Tsubaki and Black Star have a great bond and communicate and understand each other same with the Thompson Sisters and Kidd and added with Kidd and Black Star's talent/power it makes them seem ultra powerful.
Maka and Soul have shown to communicate with each other more than any of the other Meisters, and while they don't always understand another, whenever they do their SR are usually strongest out of the 3. It's much less mutual with B*S and Tsubaki as Tsubaki simply the "supporter" and normal let's B*S do whatever he wants.
Old 2008-11-19, 22:17   Link #182
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yes, Maka does get stronger, however B*S and Kid have always been stronger than her, but it doesn't make her weak.
She is kind of weak, alone Kidd, Sid, Stein, Black Star can fend for themselves but Maka is incapable of that.

Quote:
Maka wouldn't use Black Blood against B*S nor, does she need it. She put fight evenly when she gets a "certain other ability" along with using her brains.
We are talking about a hypothetical situation we are not saying it will happen and can you honestly tell me that Maka can:

Spoiler for manga:

[QUOTE]I disagree. If anything Maka and Soul have the strongest bond, those two contsisently match themselves to each other, while B*S never matchs himself to Tsubaki instead she matchs herself to him.[/QUOTE

Maka and Soul have a strong bond but I disagree it is the strongest, out of all other bonds their bond is the only one that has almost broken and during the Tsubaki vs Masamune fight it showed me that Black Star and Tsubaki have a very strong bond. Also Kidd's bond must be especially strong if him and the sisters can match all their wavelengths together.

Quote:
Maka and Soul have shown to communicate with each other more than any of the other Meisters, and while they don't always understand another, whenever they do their SR are usually strongest out of the 3. It's much less mutual with B*S and Tsubaki as Tsubaki simply the "supporter" and normal let's B*S do whatever he wants.
Maka and Soul keep the most secrets from each other how is that communicating, Maka doesnt tell Soul that she wants to protect him and Soul doesn't tell that to Maka, Soul doesn't tell Maka about his family, the little imp, the fear, the darkness none of that whilst Black Star and Tsubaki share almost everything. Also are you trying to tell me Kidd's Soul Resonance is weaker than Maka's or that B*S Fey Blade Resonance thing is weaker than Maka's, cos I have to disagree. Also B*S understands Tsubaki but he tries to change support her as well.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-11-19, 23:15   Link #183
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
She is kind of weak, alone Kidd, Sid, Stein, Black Star can fend for themselves but Maka is incapable of that.
Most Meisters can't can fight that like since your example lisits either people who can used their Soulwavelength, or are Gods. Does that mean every Meister is weak? A Meister true power has always shown to come from a combination of his/her SR with his/her Weapon, the other things are just bonuses, but won't determine the outcome of a fight. A Meister can do well with out them.

Quote:
We are talking about a hypothetical situation we are not saying it will happen and can you honestly tell me that Maka can:

Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Maka and Soul have a strong bond but I disagree it is the strongest, out of all other bonds their bond is the only one that has almost broken
Yet, despite that it didn't break did? In fact it only strengthern after that.

Quote:
and during the Tsubaki vs Masamune fight it showed me that Black Star and Tsubaki have a very strong bond. Also Kidd's bond must be especially strong if him and the sisters can match all their wavelengths together.
I didn't say B*S and Tsubaki didn't have a strong bond, however that only one of the few times B*S actually acknowledge her rather than himself. As far Kid is concerned is it really surprising that he can function well two Weapons since he's a God?

Quote:
Maka and Soul keep the most secrets from each other how is that communicating, Maka doesnt tell Soul that she wants to protect him and Soul doesn't tell that to Maka, Soul doesn't tell Maka about his family, the little imp, the fear, the darkness none of that whilst Black Star and Tsubaki share almost everything.
Maka knows about all of that except Soul's family, Tsubaki didn't know about B*S history until the Masamune arc and B*S didn't know Tsubaki's family either until a later arc.

Quote:
Also are you trying to tell me Kidd's Soul Resonance is weaker than Maka's or that B*S Fey Blade Resonance thing is weaker than Maka's, cos I have to disagree. Also B*S understands Tsubaki but he tries to change support her as well.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-21 at 08:33.
Old 2008-11-19, 23:57   Link #184
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Please remind urself that Stein did say when they first met , that Soul and Maka seemed in resonance then they don't. Soul almost being a death scythe because Maka is smart , finding their enemy's weakness , and (maybe) they pwned the weaklings.

About the bond , maybe I'm wrong about them being strongest , but their bond are strong. Without words , have the most secrets between them yet they can still understand each other. Maka is stubborn and usually , Soul lost to her stubborness (during Chrona fight). Despite of that ,
Spoiler:
And because they have so many secrets , when it's revealed their bond are shaken , but after they overwhelmed that , they become stronger.

If you said the power here is physical power , yes Maka is the weakest among the three. But when it comes to negative spells that I even doubt Black Star can dispel it , Maka has her wavelength to be immune of that.
Old 2008-11-20, 03:17   Link #185
lmd_84

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Point of clarification there:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-20, 22:26   Link #186
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

A master technician doesn't need to have a bond to use a weapon. They can alter their wavelengths to whatever it needs to be, like Stein, he can use anything. Black Star is prodigy in soul wavelength manipulation.
Old 2008-11-21, 05:27   Link #187
lmd_84

But only offensively. When it comes to understanding other people's soul wavelengths, he's useless and has admitted as such (couldn't feel Asura's insanity until it was too late). The fact that experienced Techs don't need to have too strong a bond doesn't make it any less important for the students to understand the whole soul theory side of combat. Presumably if the wavelengths of, say, Yumi and Sid seriously conflict at any point, he won't be able to use her.

And examples like Spirit and Stein rather tells us that not needing a positive bond (due to Stein's manipulative genius) isn't entirely a good thing. Spirit at least was screwed up by the whole situation.
Old 2008-11-21, 05:37   Link #188
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
A master technician doesn't need to have a bond to use a weapon. They can alter their wavelengths to whatever it needs to be, like Stein, he can use anything. Black Star is prodigy in soul wavelength manipulation.
No, he's just strong. He's not particularly good at changing his wavelength.
Old 2008-11-21, 07:38   Link #189
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
Point of clarification there:
Spoiler:
Ah, I see. Well in either she more poweful than some give her credit for. Just because she's brain doesn't she can't have solid fighting skill s to back her up. She isn't the best but, Maka is close enough.
Old 2008-11-21, 07:39   Link #190
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, he's just strong. He's not particularly good at changing his wavelength.
Yes. Tsubaki's the only one who can be his partner because HER wavelength accomodates his.
Old 2008-11-21, 08:07   Link #191
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I'm wondering if someday Maka can change her wavelength as she wishes just like Stein , since she has that soul perception ability.

Quote:
Just because she's brain doesn't she can't have solid fighting skill s to back her up. She isn't the best but, Maka is close enough.
well...although when she's angry she is as reckless as BlackStar
she has a fighting skill , but not as strong as BlackStar. Eventhough all fighting in Soul Eater doesn't only require physical power , but mental and soul power is very important as well.
Old 2008-11-21, 08:30   Link #192
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
I'm wondering if someday Maka can change her wavelength as she wishes just like Stein , since she has that soul perception ability.
I could certainly see that happening, it something that seems right up her alley.

Quote:
well...although when she's angry she is as reckless as BlackStar
she has a fighting skill , but not as strong as BlackStar. Eventhough all fighting in Soul Eater doesn't only require physical power , but mental and soul power is very important as well.
She doesn't have to be though. Just strong enough to hold her own in which case she is.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:02   Link #193
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I could certainly see that happening, it something that seems right up her alley.
I'm not so sure. She seems a bit too rigid for it.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:08   Link #194
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not so sure. She seems a bit too rigid for it.
yes , for now. I do hope she can do that in the future though. Her understanding Chrona's wavelength is a way to go IMO.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:20   Link #195
Zoe

And she can use Tsubaki (though again, that may be because it's Tsubaki). It doesn't feel like she'd be too far off from the sisters either.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:23   Link #196
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
^ but in Anime She didn't use Tsubaki ..
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-21, 10:33   Link #197
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katocchi View Post
^ but in Anime She didn't use Tsubaki ..
But she did in the manga.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:37   Link #198
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katocchi View Post
but in Anime She didn't use Tsubaki ..
That's because of the stupid BONES yet I want to see Maka wields Tsubaki so much. It'll be a point towards her future after all.

Hm but she can't see through a soul protect yet ^^;
It'll be even better if Maka's mom showed up then teach her a proper way to use the soul perception ability like Stein does
Old 2008-11-21, 11:14   Link #199
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd rather mom taught her how to fight.
Old 2008-11-21, 11:15   Link #200
Iron Maw
Banned

She is using it the proper way. It's just something that's going to evolve on it's own like BJ's.
Closed Thread