AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-11, 16:05   Link #1
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil

It's here!

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

All bets are on, and may the odds be ever in your favour!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 19:31   Link #2
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Uncle, we got the official football thread already leh.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 19:34   Link #3
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

We had a separate thread for the 2010 World Cup, so I'm just following the tradition.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 20:05   Link #4
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

(屮゜Д゜)屮 Go BRAZIL ヾ(*⌒∇⌒)八(⌒∇⌒*)ツ ☮

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 21:07   Link #5
DarkJak2050

I might as well throw this in as well...

Words of advice...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 21:14   Link #6
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Either Germany or Brazil to win World Cup 2014. I dunno which one I cheer for. XP
Old 2014-06-11, 22:16   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Me and my mate are going to watch the Spain-Netherlands match (long lunch from work, yay). Should be a cracking match.

Personally though, I cheer Japan, Germany, and USA in that order.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 22:33   Link #8
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

No love for Colombia or Belgium? I'm disappointed.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 22:58   Link #9
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I would like to see Netherlands or Germany to win it among the contenders. Also I'll cheer for Japan as the potential black horse.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 02:56   Link #10
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hopefully, we can avoid country-this or country-that like comments here. Also hoping that the eternal american football vs soccer argument doesn't rear it's ugly head here either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
We had a separate thread for the 2010 World Cup, so I'm just following the tradition.
Yeah, I was actually thinking of creating the thread myself.

As for the cup itself, I am not expecting Mexico to do an awful lot, but I would be happy if they manage to win a game or two at the very least.
Old 2014-06-12, 07:09   Link #11
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

May the best win for me. But I hope US can get through group stage, just for the sake of promoting 'soccer' in the States.
Old 2014-06-12, 07:41   Link #12
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
France can't possibly do worse than they did in 2010. I don't think that training strike can be topped.

Last edited by Sheba; 2014-06-12 at 07:57. Reason: typo
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 08:06   Link #13
justavisitor

curious to see Messi to use "hand of god" version 2.0 to beat Brazil in the final at the 93th minute XD

That will be remembered eternally

But, all that kidding aside, I am going to cheer for Portugal. Hope C. Ronaldo's work ethnic means he will have a good tournament.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 08:53   Link #14
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

as much as i like portugal, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it out of the group stage. if they do, it'll be at the expense of germany (since i'm sure the US will make it out..) realistically, my aim for the US is to win one, draw one, whatever one for the group stage. should be enough to make it through. i think our most realistic chances are winning against ghana and maybe portugal. ronaldo's main strength is his athleticism and his talent. pound for pound, the US team is probably as athletic as he is, though not nearly as talented. we should be able to outwork most of the teams we come up against.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 09:29   Link #15
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Hopefully, we can avoid country-this or country-that like comments here.
I'd like to, but you know it's bound to happen once the World Cup starts. I still remember a lot of not very nice comments towards Italy and italians in the 2006 World Cup thread from another user.

I really hope things will remain civil this time around, even though I know that we (Italy) will always look as everyone's villain.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 09:54   Link #16
justavisitor

@germanturkey
Make it at the expense of germany then XD I don't know much about team Ghana, but seems like US and Ghana are quite physical. And somehow germany wants to learn from spain...so I don't know how well germany can match against physical teams nowadays
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 10:34   Link #17
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I'd like to, but you know it's bound to happen once the World Cup starts. I still remember a lot of not very nice comments towards Italy and italians in the 2006 World Cup thread from another user.

I really hope things will remain civil this time around, even though I know that we (Italy) will always look as everyone's villain.
I still can't forgive neither Materazzi (nor Trezeguet) for ruining France's win, and stopping Zizou's legacy from growing even bigger.

On other topic, what do you all think about the inagural match today? Bets are overwhelmingly in favor of the host, but I think Croatia can win today, if they manage to take control of the midfield, something very possible when oyur midfielders are Modric and Rakitic, and Brazil it's not what it used to be, its biggest star it's Neymar, who's not on his best shape, and the most talented player after Neymar it's Oscar, who's also not in great shape, so I think Croatia can at least come out with a tie of this match and deal a very hard blow to the host.

Last edited by SuitUp; 2014-06-12 at 11:25. Reason: Structure.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 11:22   Link #18
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
France can't possibly do worse than they did in 2010. I don't think that training strike can be topped.
I really hope they play up to their potential.
Old 2014-06-12, 12:38   Link #19
ChampDream
Alive

I hope Colombia do a good world cup, I also support the others South American teams, the cup is staying is South America.
Old 2014-06-12, 12:43   Link #20
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I still can't forgive neither Materazzi (nor Trezeguet) for ruining France's win, and stopping Zizou's legacy from growing even bigger.
Heh, I wasn't referring to that episode actually (and Materazzi is an idiot, btw). Some borderline xenophobic comments towards italians in general surfaced already during the group stages in the 2010 thread too, thankfully the mods did their work but it's almost a classic at every World Cup we'll suddenly become everyone's antagonist and the hate train will begin no matter how we perform.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote