AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-03-28, 20:02   Link #121
GDB

Was that episode indicative of Supergirl's normal quality? Because holy crap, that was bad. Or rather, it was good for about half of it, and then fell off a cliff. Barry saved the episode from being a train wreck, though Cat got a couple of amazing zingers in.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 20:59   Link #122
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i believe i read super girl is not up for renewal.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 23:26   Link #123
Wandering Soul

The main take away from that episode is that Barry and Kara have cute interactions and Cat has some nice one liners.

You really have to wonder why Barry was even there in the second half. He didn't even contribute to the final fight.
Old 2016-03-29, 03:55   Link #124
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

"You look like the attractive, yet non-threatening racially diverse cast of a CW show."

lol. Even the production team is no afraid to make fun for one of the networks they work for.

Barry and Kara's interaction are adorable. And Jimmy's all jelly.

Also this episode takes place after this week's episode of the Flash which will show how Barry came to Supergirl's universe.

And now Project Myriad is activated.
Old 2016-03-29, 23:56   Link #125
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow....yeah I stopped watching Supergirl after the first 5 episodes or so. I don't feel that choice was a poor one.

Flash saved this episode. He really was the best part of it. Which was odd considering they basically didn't need him. Building anti-Banshee tech could have been done by anyone at this anti-alien base.

I don't get why they had him on the show if he wasn't going to be part of the fight at the end. I get it, you want to redeem Supergirl and have the city get behind her.....do it next week. It's like they couldn't be bothered to make the Flash fit into this episode. So they just sideline him part way through the last battle so they can have this Spider-Man 2 moment of the people standing to protect their hero.

Oh well. It wasn't a terrible episode, but can kind of see that they haven't really made much progress with Supergirl. The show really doesn't seem all that good.
Old 2016-03-30, 17:46   Link #126
Wandering Soul

Main problem with that episode is that Barry felt more like an afterthought in the second half.

http://imgur.com/a/AxhtE
Old 2016-03-30, 17:50   Link #127
Galaxian

The last 15 minutes of the episode ruined it for me.

I'm all for firefighters saving the day, but they shouldn't have done that during a team-up episode such as this. Supergirl and, specially, Flash came off as extremely weak in the fights. However, the major problem, which is a recurring issue in Supergirl, was the dumb romance angle they continue to push into the forefront... Hell, even Arrow did it better.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 12:05   Link #128
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Episode 19
Thanks to Myriad, Non mind controls National City except for a few (Cat and Lord thanks to the latter's device)
Maxima appears....only to get her ass kicked by Supergirl.
Callista (who plays as Cat) makes a joke about her husband Harrison Ford.
Desperate to stop Non and Myriad, Lord and the US army plans to detonate a Kryptonite bomb that will not only kill the Kryptonians but 8% of the city's population as well.
Hank and Alex head back to National City after learning what has happened.
Supergirl and Cat finds a way to disrupt Myriad signal.
However, Alex is captured by Indigo and is used by Non to forced Supergirl to either kill her sister or get killed as revenge for Astra's death.
Old 2016-04-24, 11:52   Link #129
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Season Finale:
Old 2016-04-25, 18:09   Link #130
monster

Wait, that was the season finale? I hope it's renewed for a second season as I dislike cliffhangers with no resolutions.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 15:13   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Wait, that was the season finale? I hope it's renewed for a second season as I dislike cliffhangers with no resolutions.
Perfectly ok with this being one of those shows that things highly enough of itself to sequel bait a cliffhanger and then gets cancelled.

I regretted even watching as much as I did...
Old 2016-04-30, 22:19   Link #132
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I don't get why some don't like Supergirl. Many fans love the show, the writing and the characters. it's ratings were good as well as it got an average of 5 to 6 million viewers per week compared to Arrow and The Flash whose latest seasons have gotten 2 and 3 million viewers per week respectively.
Old 2016-05-03, 08:12   Link #133
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I don't get why some don't like Supergirl. Many fans love the show, the writing and the characters. it's ratings were good as well as it got an average of 5 to 6 million viewers per week compared to Arrow and The Flash whose latest seasons have gotten 2 and 3 million viewers per week respectively.
Arrow and Flash aren't new and likely why they dont have as many viewers. Then theres the whole current age of feminism being forced around.

Many people including myself just don't like Superman or Supergirl. Mary and Gary Sue. Made even worse when Supergirl has to pair up and have a freakin love triangle.

I could go on but why bother when fanboys are just gonna call me sexist because I don't like the show.
Old 2016-05-03, 18:11   Link #134
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Super Girl was... okay. I certainly wouldn't call it amazing though. And I think the biggest flaw with it, and one that is also present with Superman, is as Kyero put it- she's a Mary Sue. Granted, I didn't start watching until about halfway through, but the season finale, plus the Flash crossover episode, demonstrate the flaw in this show- everything ends up going perfectly her way. Beat the Bad Guys up, Save the World, and be the Best Office Assistant. And whenever she gets help from a side character, the side character is usually diminished to the point of "why were they included in this anyway?'"

I'm not saying that her counterpart in Superman is any better (hell, the way they kept him out of the show when Myriad went active was creative, but I'm calling BS as well). However, Superman has one trait that they didn't seem to write into Supergirl- his best times aren't when he's fighting Bad Guys, but when he's saving people and being a Good Person in general. I think Kara was always fighting an enemy in every single episode (I think the exception was the one focusing on Martian Manhunter).

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 19:28   Link #135
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

They definitely need to off some writing crew heads, at its worst, this show feels like I'm watching a Baby Channel program in the age of Houses of Cards and Better Call Sauls.

The honeymoon may be over but I gotta admit I'm still giddy at the thought that I'm watching a Supergirl show.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 19:12   Link #136
GDB

Sounds like it got renewed for a second season... on The CW.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 19:57   Link #137
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Confirmed.

Apparently it was due to costs hence to the move from CBS to CW.
Old 2016-05-12, 19:58   Link #138
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Sounds like it got renewed for a second season... on The CW.
Honestly, that's perfect. All they need to do now is retool the show a little to have it take place in the same universe as Barry and Ollie, and everything will be great.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 21:41   Link #139
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Such is the subjectivity of enjoyment I suppose. Since I'm completely on the opposite side. I can't find a single quality of Supergirl that wasn't horrible. The writing, the characters, it was all bad. I don't know anyone outside of online forums who didn't cringe at the idea of watching it.

Even comparing it to female hero shows of the 90s or early 2000s and it just looks lazily handled.

Might sound odd after saying nothing but bad things....but good for those who enjoyed it. I'm sure they'll enjoy a second season. Though this time I won't even come back to watching it for even the crossover episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Honestly, that's perfect. All they need to do now is retool the show a little to have it take place in the same universe as Barry and Ollie, and everything will be great.
Not sure if they can really do that after they already established that Flash and Supergirl exist in different 'worlds'. Unless you write in some over the top merging of dimensions they'll just have to save interactions for Flash or Supergirl crossing to their respective "Earths."
Old 2016-05-12, 21:47   Link #140
monster

Quote:
^Confirmed.

Apparently it was due to costs hence to the move from CBS to CW.
A move to The CW probably means it's going to be available on Hulu, including the no-ad option. Nice.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series