AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-01-02, 04:44   Link #21
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Noein was one of the best anime ever existed.
Suzumiya Haruhi was enjoyable as hell, but we haven't seen the really good part yet.
Kemonozume was godly.
NHK ni Youkoso! started brilliantly, but went downhill and picked up in the very last episodes.
Death Note is the smartest thing ever.
Ergo Proxy was a pretty enjoyable ride, but it could be better and less annoyingly pretentious.
Honey & Clover II was great, I loved it and found it twice as good as the first season.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni could be awesome, but instead decided to be awful. The games are wonderful, though.
FLAG was my biggest surprise, featuring probably some of the best animation found in a tv anime and being interesting throughout all the 6 eps that have aired so far.
Bokura ga Ita was also a big surprise for me, because I wasn't really expecting to like it. But it's one of the few anime where the character interactions seemed so real, to me at least.
Chevalier D'Eon was very good, but I haven't seen anything from it in years.
REC was good but short.
Shakugan no Shana was too stupid to be true.
Ouran Host Club wasn't funny in my eyes at all.
Coyote Ragtime Show started very very good and could be a very enjoyable ride, but it got destroyed after the sixth episode and the second part was awful.
Nana was nice at the beginning, but I got tired of it pretty fast.
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto was just uninteresting to me and I wasn't interested enough to learn so many things about the Bakumatsu period to be able to understand what was going on. The only thing I really liked was the direction and the camera angles.
Code Geass was just a stupid mecha show.
Soukou no Strain was the same but much more enjoyable.
xxxHolic had a pretty good manga and an awesome movie, but I just couldn't follow it because of the awful animation and especially colors.
Innocent Venus seemed good but had the most awful CG mechas ever made, and I just wasn't able to follow it.
Red Garden was interesting but I just couldn't get to follow it because of the awful singing and the light scenes that were written by a 5 year old.
Kanon 2006 was just another stupid harem to my eyes and showed that KyoAni's works are just as good as the original material is. And what's so good about these 'cute phrases' anyway?
Freedom had a pretty good first episode, and even though I'm not a fan of Katsuhiro Otomo, I really loved the 3d character designs.

That's all. 2006 was the first year I followed the anime industry closely and most probably the last. Most of the anime were just disappointing, but always there was the anime that made up for all the bad ones.

Last edited by Quajafrie; 2007-01-02 at 09:52.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 05:40   Link #22
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

2006 is an okay year. Traditionally, it fulfilled it's role of having a suitable replacement for every single type of anime generally. There are it's ups and downs, but I thought it was a well concieved anime year. If anything bad, I felt that Suzumiya Haruhi (( a decent series imo )) was overblown in fan worshipping porportions in a bad way. The Kyoto Animationism and Ayaism born from it weren't pleasing to me personally as I believe each good studio and seiyuu has something unique to them that cannot be trumped, and generalizing the best of best kinda saddens me.

Saiunkoku Monogatari, Noein, Mushishi were pleasant surprises, with the first in my opinion being the best out of the 3 in the story-telling aspects while the latter 2 shined in it's own way that made it rivettingly good. They embody what I felt to animes that made me proud I stayed an anime fan. The day I abandon anime is probably when stuff like these are gone.

Haruhi, Black Lagoon, Mai-Otome among a few others are genuine examples of pure entertainment, though the latter does have it's moments of URGH... Nothing genuinely outstanding, nor does it try to be the next Legend of Galactic Heroes, nor is it something that makes you stop to digest what you just saw, and nothing that makes one feel empty upon the last seconds... It's just fun and enjoyable for whatever it's worth. Which is pretty much shallow.

There are other things to talk about in various manners, but I suppose that this is one year where there is nothing outlandishly bad for me when it is looked at a positive outlook. I never had any expectations for even the most hyped of anime, and when something turns bad, I just look at it's good and twistedly funny points to back up my enjoyment, so I suppose it's a good year.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 09:35   Link #23
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Well..For Me. Probably my biggest year ever. I found my True Love...Ouran High School Host *Screams Moe* An Anime that makes Gay Twin Incest Hawt as got to be Godly^^

Deathnote
Also Kicked Off To a Blast. Its great seeing L animated.

Not to mention Black Lagoon Season 2. Was Definitly one of the best action rides todate.

Add that in with Code Geass. Which is like a combination of Deathnote with Gundam.

Of course Haruhi Suzumiya has got to mention...Or else we are all doomed^^

Le Chev
Definitly was the best Surprize of the Year. Turned out to be one of the best animes in a while...only wish is they finish it.

Inukami
Was Something that I really enjoyed. Stupid...But Elephants Included^^

Dman Gray
has also been enjoyable so far

And that is all I can remember right now LOL
Old 2007-01-02, 20:01   Link #24
DangerousK

The last episode of Diebuster was one of the greatest things i've ever seen.
DangerousK is offline   Reply With Quote