AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-04, 18:17   Link #2141
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
So.. This thread is a little bit scary...
If you haven't been spoiled yet, don't give in now!

Quote:
I don't know if it's been answered yet, but any ideas on when the Blu Ray or the DVD comes out?
Nah...the movie's still playing in theaters.
Old 2011-05-04, 18:44   Link #2142
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post

Nah...the movie's still playing in theaters.
Wait, really? I leave on June 6th, is there a chance it'll still be in theaters then?
Old 2011-05-04, 18:53   Link #2143
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Wait, really? I leave on June 6th, is there a chance it'll still be in theaters then?
I don't know. It's not playing many places right now...but the official website shows all the theaters it's at. Check there before you come.

Or PM me before you come, and I'll check for you.
Old 2011-05-04, 20:13   Link #2144
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I don't know. It's not playing many places right now...but the official website shows all the theaters it's at. Check there before you come.

Or PM me before you come, and I'll check for you.
Ah! Thanks I never thought of that, theres still some theaters in Yokohama playing it right now luckily, but theres no end dates, so I'll just have to cross my fingers!

Otherwise it's a long wait ahead....
Old 2011-05-04, 23:56   Link #2145
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
Doesn't that depend on HOW Alto would get back?

but nvm...I don't have the time to look into it at present.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-05, 00:12   Link #2146
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
^
Doesn't that depend on HOW Alto would get back?

but nvm...I don't have the time to look into it at present.
Well, considering that he dumped his ship, he HAS to depend on the Vajra for a way home.
Old 2011-05-05, 02:17   Link #2147
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Look at it this way: Frontier left Earth just like all the other ships in the beginning (shown in the chart on Ep1) in 2012. It's now 2059. It took them 47 YEARS to reach their frontier, even WITH folding.
No, it didn't. 2012 is when the Megaroad-01 launched. Macross Frontier didn't launch until 2041.

The star map at the beginning is figurative, not literal.
Old 2011-05-05, 05:28   Link #2148
wisteria233

Quote:
Yes, I DID say Ranka was out of the equation.

One thing you might consider before making that second argument is that it is hinted but there is no actual scene where this takes place. Kawamori only gives you hope. Just because Sheryl woke up did not mean Alto returned.
Actually it was hinted that Alto would come back so once again moot point.

You're still wrong either way.
Old 2011-05-05, 08:59   Link #2149
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Good Lord, you guys are still discussing this?

Old 2011-05-05, 09:13   Link #2150
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

My dearest LoveMeKags:

First of all, it did not take the Frontier 47 years to travel to the Vajra planet, for a couple reasons, and I will bold it in case your selective amnesia or some bullshit disease get in the way.

1. Frontier launched in 2041.

2. The mission to every colonial ship, including the Frontier, was to find a habitable planet for human colonization, and in turn, expand the human race.

3. The Vajra planet was not their original destination. They just happened to change course to it later.

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-05-05 at 10:50. Reason: Sorry Tak, but the rest of your post borders on flaming so I had to remove it...
Old 2011-05-05, 10:00   Link #2151
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, I kinda ROFL'ed here. A little. And I'm at work, mind.

Old 2011-05-05, 10:59   Link #2152
wisteria233

Quote:
Believe what you want to. I'm not going to fight with you. I mean, honestly, I see denial at it's peak, as no one seems to realize how long it takes to fold or how he is going to ever get back if the VAJRA are the ones he would have to rely on. Unless Ranka figures out how to use her powers and request he be sent back to them.
Actually it doesn't take long to fold what took Frontier so long to reach a planet was that they didn't know its location, they would fold blindly without really knowing the destination, and they weren't even shown to do it often considering the problems that it caused them. You really should get a hold of the timeline before you start name calling. It only took them 18 years to find a planet whose location they didn't know, while under attack, which slowed them down, so for the umpteenth time your wrong.
Old 2011-05-05, 10:59   Link #2153
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I don't like cleaning up messes, but if you can't express your displeasure with another poster's view without resorting to inflammatory rhetoric, then don't bother posting.
Old 2011-05-05, 11:22   Link #2154
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I don't like cleaning up messes, but if you can't express your displeasure with another poster's view without resorting to inflammatory rhetoric, then don't bother posting.
Yeah, I admit, I went overboard with that one.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-05-05, 11:51   Link #2155
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

It's not hurting anyone's feelings, it's stopping what looks like a flamewar from starting (which is against the forum rules).

Also, I do share the frustration of LMK's Ranka-centric viewpoint and ask her did she read the original MF episode threads and the first romance thread to see if the circular argument she is espousing hasn't been covered multiple times before...
Old 2011-05-05, 13:03   Link #2156
magnuskn

Nooo, I missed the flaming. Damn you, juicy Star Wars: The Old Republic info, damn you to hell!

Old 2011-05-05, 13:43   Link #2157
SS13

Quote:
Look at it this way: Frontier left Earth just like all the other ships in the beginning (shown in the chart on Ep1) in 2012. It's now 2059. It took them 47 YEARS to reach their frontier, even WITH folding.
And Yet Sheryl was able to traverse all current ships in less than a year. Colony ships ARE slower. Though here the issue is the Vajra muster. If Alto can bring some vajra to jump back, THAN he can get home faster.
Old 2011-05-05, 15:29   Link #2158
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS13 View Post
And Yet Sheryl was able to traverse all current ships in less than a year. Colony ships ARE slower. Though here the issue is the Vajra muster. If Alto can bring some vajra to jump back, THAN he can get home faster.
I couldn't care less if Alto returns or not (now Sheryl's awakening is my only interest and already got my answer ), but Alto kind of has the earring, right? The earring connects him to Sheryl and, in lesser degree, to Ranka (for her songs only?). So there's no reason to believe that he couldn't get the Vajra cooperation.

I prefer if Sheryl (with Ranka or not, optional) is the one looking for him, to be honest. I like Alto in the role of Hime in distress (switched with Ranka's old one).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-05-05, 17:31   Link #2159
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS13 View Post
Its not just Sheryl who didn't take that long to fold into Frontier, it was repeatedly shown that folding is very fast means of travel. Grace was able to catch up to Ranka and Brera in one episode, and they were able to fold jump to and from Gallia 4 (whose location they knew).So I have no idea where LMK gets her opinion from.
Old 2011-05-05, 17:42   Link #2160
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Its not just Sheryl who didn't take that long to fold into Frontier, it was repeatedly shown that folding is very fast means of travel. Grace was able to catch up to Ranka and Brera in one episode, and they were able to fold jump to and from Gallia 4 (whose location they knew).So I have no idea where LMK gets her opinion from.
If snippets and bits of information suit the purpose of preventing Alto & Sheryl ever meeting again, she will use it in her argument because it is in her interest.

Thats it.

Though honestly, I think she can do all of us a favor by doing better research of the source-material, instead of misquoting statements and causing ire for longtime fans of the series.

- Tak

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song