Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 10:53   Link #21
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Yeah.. Now that he has EMS that scenario's likelihood of happening has dropped by a mile. Susanoo is so broken, especially now that he has EMS, he can use it without the nasty side effects.
Sasuke will tire eventually from using susanoo but having curse mark would let him absorb nature energy to fight for longer without dying of chakra loss.

Curse mark could also save his chakra by letting his use nature energy and not having to rely on susanoo as much since curse mark raises the bodies physical capabilities such as defense, speed, strength.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:59   Link #22
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Sasuke will tire eventually from using susanoo but having curse mark would let him absorb nature energy to fight for longer without dying of chakra loss.
we don't yet know the full capabilities of EMS. Naruto can absorb nature energy without a curse mark so it can be done without resorting to dna stealing. story-wise, having to resort to an old power would diminish the accomplishment of gaining the fabled EMS power which has been foreshadowed since the itachi fight.

the point of kabuto using juugo's power is that he isn't talented and is forced to make a conglomeration of others' powers in order to fight on par with the best ninja. kishi has taken the route that genetics are everything, which means that the greatest power solely of the uchiha clan will trump using someone else's power from 100s of chapters ago.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 11:14   Link #23
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
we don't yet know the full capabilities of EMS. Naruto can absorb nature energy without a curse mark so it can be done without resorting to dna stealing. story-wise, having to resort to an old power would diminish the accomplishment of gaining the fabled EMS power which has been foreshadowed since the itachi fight.

the point of kabuto using juugo's power is that he isn't talented and is forced to make a conglomeration of others' powers in order to fight on par with the best ninja. kishi has taken the route that genetics are everything, which means that the greatest power solely of the uchiha clan will trump using someone else's power from 100s of chapters ago.
Naruto can't use sage mode for as long as Kabuto since Kabuto has the power of the curse mark which lets him absorb nature energy even when moving.

Meaning Naruto would be able to use sage mode for longer if he had curse mark and Sasuke would be able to fight for longer if he had it.

Sharingan is a old power but its been upgraded and is still used which could happen with the curse mark as Sasuke has Jugo's curse mark enzyme in him.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-14 at 10:17.
Old 2012-03-26, 17:29   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sasuke has EMS, he shouldn't need something like sage mode. Aside from that, Sasuke lost Orichimaru's power and thus his connection to snakes.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 20:37   Link #25
Artful Dodger

I think it would be interesting to see what Sasuke would do with this ability given his creativity in the past. I didn't pay much attention to jugo healing Sasuke in the past, but given the scroll he and suigetsu found, I think you (TimeMask) may very well be on to something. I'm also not sure why some people are calling the curse seal "weak" when its essentially a chakra/power booster; regardless of how strong the person is, isn't it supposed to increase the user's power and stamina?
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:05   Link #26
Midnight Commander

Quote:
story-wise, having to resort to an old power would diminish the accomplishment of gaining the fabled EMS power which has been foreshadowed since the itachi fight.
Both Sasuke and Naruto have resorted to using older powers in high-level fights where they were under pressure and had to improvise, but they were still great fights; I doubt fans considered any of their accomplishments up until then "diminished".

If Sasuke is able to use the ability, it will likely be a bit different than the old curse mark and more powerful anyway, because he absorbed flesh directly from juugo, and he has become stronger overall. Sasuke has also held back most of the time in using the cured seal as to avoid the side effects, which would probably no longer be an issue.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:12   Link #27
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Both Sasuke and Naruto have resorted to using older powers in high-level fights where they were under pressure and had to improvise, but they were still great fights; I doubt fans considered any of their accomplishments up until then "diminished".

If Sasuke is able to use the ability, it will likely be a bit different than the old curse mark and more powerful anyway, because he absorbed flesh directly from juugo, and he has become stronger overall. Sasuke has also held back most of the time in using the cured seal as to avoid the side effects, which would probably no longer be an issue.
that's true, like when naruto used rasengan to defeat the final pain. but in this case it would be sasuke resorting to using another clan's power and an old one at that. I feel like it would diminish things because EMS has been so hyped along with the power of the uchiha. for the most elite uchiha to have to resort to using juugo's power would feel backwards to me. that's what the old sasuke, orochimaru and now kabuto have done. those examples are ninja who couldn't get as far as they wanted with their own power, including a younger sasuke. now with all we've heard about the uchiha's power and that pretty much only hashirama's power could compare, it would not make sense to me. anything could happen of course, but I don't think this idea fits into the current story line about the pure breed ancestors of the So6P
Old 2012-04-13, 23:08   Link #28
Midnight Commander

Quote:
but in this case it would be sasuke resorting to using another clan's power and an old one at that.
Your use of the word "resorting" seems to imply a faulty and elitist line of reasoning, as if to say if someone has the EMS, they shouldn't have to use other types of jutsu. I really don't think that's a good way to look at this, especially when one of the basic abilities of the sharingan is copying other jutsu. Granted, Juugo's ability isn't copyable by just observing it, however, creative uses of technique combinations has helped characters in this manga excel in battles on various occasions, and in some instances, has even helped give way to newer and more powerful techniques.

As for it being old, like I said previously, he is likely to manifest it a bit differently, and/or he will likely evolve its use as he has done with other jutsu in the past. Again, since he has usually had to hold back its use to avoid side-effects we probably haven't seen its full potential in Sasuke's hands either. If Sasuke does indeed gain this power, I'm sure the author will find a way to make it "new", especially in conjunction with his other jutsu(which may potentially give way to yet even more techniques), so the "old power" criticism is moot.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2012-04-13 at 23:28.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 02:30   Link #29
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
so the "old power" criticism is moot.
I don't think it's moot from a writing perspective. not only would sasuke using the curse mark be old in terms of himself having used it in the past (even if it is revamped now), but we also just now saw kabuto use it in a new way with his sage mode. so it has been used widely in its old form with sasuke and the sound 5 and now it has been revamped for kabuto's usage in snake sennin mode. so for sasuke to use it yet again would be hackneyed imo. just look at how susano'o has been played out recently and that's been part of the story for a much shorter time than the curse mark. I'm looking forward to new techniques and like has been eluded by itachi, the EMS will provide sasuke with at least one. naruto and sasuke are getting closer to being as powerful as the rikudo sennin. they will surpass people like kabuto who need to 'resort' to methods like that to perform powerful techniques like sage mode. of course what you're saying could happen, I just prefer a more original approach than what we have already seen
Old 2012-04-14, 10:23   Link #30
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
I think it would be interesting to see what Sasuke would do with this ability given his creativity in the past. I didn't pay much attention to jugo healing Sasuke in the past, but given the scroll he and suigetsu found, I think you (TimeMask) may very well be on to something. I'm also not sure why some people are calling the curse seal "weak" when its essentially a chakra/power booster; regardless of how strong the person is, isn't it supposed to increase the user's power and stamina?
The curse mark increases your bodies stamina and durability since you are absorbing nature energy all the time even when moving. Naruto can't absorb nature energy when moving which is why Kabuto can use sage mode for longer since he has the power of the curse mark.

Curse mark 2 Sasuke got hit by 2 direct blasts from Deidara's Explosive Clay (1 to his foot and 1 to his wing) and he could still move around which shows how durable the curse mark made Sasuke.

I agree the curse mark isn't weak but I think people are comparing it to current powers like EMS but curse mark could work well with EMS since it would let Sasuke fight for longer while using his EMS powers.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-21 at 12:34.
Old 2012-04-20, 19:47   Link #31
Dark Sasuke_101
Prince DS

EMS and the curse mark would've been great for Sasuke to use.
Dark Sasuke_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naruto, timemask