AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think jiraiya has a love child?
Yes, he does. 20 42.55%
No, he doesn't. 27 57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-06-28, 23:38   Link #1
Narutto Kyuubi

Wink Jiraiya's Love child

I was on my way home from work when I got to thinking about th perverted hermit. I thought to myself how unlikely a great ninja like Jiraiya would go threw his whole life and not know a women's love. But they haven't talked about anything like that for Jiraiya. So I started to wonder about the possibility that Jiraiya may or may not have married and divorced during his pre mid life age ( 20's to late 30's) for a few years or so or had a steady mistress of some sorts. Also what that "Love child" might be like and possible ways that the "Love child" could be introduced into the story. I haven't been able to think of anything good yet so I thought I would make this a thread for POLITE and SINCERE disscusion and debate and start a poll about wether or not the naruto fan community thinks its possible. All theories are welcome as long as you can explain them and they at least make sense.

Example of a Do NOT: Jiraiya has a love child with Tsunade because that child would be super strong but they don't talk about it because Jiraiya is a pervert.

That theory doesn't make sense because jiraiya couldn't even get a date with Tsunade, not even in the present time let alone have that happen. Besides that, have a great debate I'd like to see what you all can come up with!
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 00:22   Link #2
LIQUIDCELL

Yes, no doubt in mind that Jiraiya is one hell of a perveted gentleman, but he also strikes me as one hell of a responsible horndog. So NO, I don't think he has any love child(ren).

Remember when Itachi and Kisame worked a genjutsu on a woman in order to get close to Naruto? He basicaly had enough self-control to rationalize things first before conforming a decision not to do anything to that poor woman.

Besides, I believe Jiraiya carries enough protection with him. Hell, he carries that uber super-sized summoning scroll with him all the time.

Plus, I like the dude.

~Kirsten
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 01:43   Link #3
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Why wouldn't I be surprised if that becomes part of a new arc? I could see it now...he finds out, he tries to become a father, and dies saving his life.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 03:12   Link #4
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Oooh! Tough one. Can't really vote, but I'm leanning toward no. I get the felling that Jiraya doesn't have any living family left (except maybe naruto - but that's a whole other theory). Maybe he had sons, but they could have been killed (maybe even in the nine-tails incident). Afterall, we still don't know his reason for leaving the village.

Then again it wouldn't surprise me to much if he did have a kid that would appear later on in the story. Though my guess is that he wouldn't exactly be a "love child". They would know they were father and son, and they probably wouldn't get along.
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 04:18   Link #5
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Come on~Jiraya's not so stupid that he would get married...(*Joke )
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 04:20   Link #6
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Sigh... A love child? And I guess TenTen is secretly breeding super-children with Kabuto as well, huh?
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 05:27   Link #7
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Hmmm...is it possible that Jiraiya is running around the world having sex with many, many, different women in the Naruto world and possibly spreading the Jiraiya seed as he goes? Quite possibly. I don't see Jiraiya as being a responsible adult, so I'm imagining he flew the coop the next morning, and he knows nothing of these kids.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 05:55   Link #8
Terriator

Send a message via ICQ to Terriator
Whahhaha...no, I don't think that he has any kids. but then again, the way he behaves he might have some kids, but I'm quite certain that he doesn't know about them then, because i don't think he would just leave them behind
Terriator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 10:29   Link #9
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Tough one

I can't decide enough to vote but I did have this idea. If Jiraiya had a daughter......... it would : 1. serve him right and 2. I would not want to be the guy hitting on her if Jiraiya found out.

Going with what I've seen in the anime I'd have to say if he does he doesn't know about it. He doesn't seem to have a lot of fatherly experience with kids. Sure he taught the 4th when he was young but after you help raise a kid your behavoir changes around them and I see Jiraiya treating Naruto like any student really.
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 10:42   Link #10
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
I also voted No because he seems like the type to take responsibility when he has to. And besides if he did have someone he loves, I think he wouldn't be a pervert. I think it would be harder for him to become a pervert, if that person that he loved is dead. So no, I don't belive there is a love child.
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 10:42   Link #11
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

it would only make for an interesting gaiden or special if jiraya or tsunade had a lovechild, but we don't know much about them or even if they have a bloodline limit. Their kids could be as normal as tenten or ramen girl
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 15:55   Link #12
LilleNisse

I vote No on this. When I look at jiraya I just see a pervert gentleman. And you get to see that hes always been a pervert sinc he was small (what episode was it now again... Awell..). And I just keep thinking, who would want to get a kid with this kind of guy? And thats why I must say no. But who knows, he might of been a good boy around hes 20-30. I wouldnt be supprised if they added the "jiraya uber-kids army" as a secret weapon to take on Orochimaru
LilleNisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 16:12   Link #13
psycoking
kyōki-ō

*sigh* this thread just put the weirdest thought in my head. . .

. . . are there condoms in the the naruto world???
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 16:32   Link #14
LilleNisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoking
*sigh* this thread just put the weirdest thought in my head. . .

. . . are there condoms in the the naruto world???
Now that was a good question... Abit but stil...
Who knows...
LilleNisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 16:48   Link #15
Eshu
Junior Ninja

hmmmmmm

i'd imagine, considering some of the technology that has been seen in naruto, that even if they didn't develop guns they might have developed condoms...

Naaaah. Though it would be funny if when the forth was going to bind kyuubi ero-sennin ran over to the 'jiraiya' section of the orphanage and grabbed one of his many love children....any kid he had would probably have gotten at least some support from the old man.

then again.

He IS the type that might leave the child with either the mother or someone more responsiable then him, such as the third, or possably with some other random ninja he knows. I don't really see him as the fatherly type, even if stuck with a child. Heck there might a kid he doesn't know of out there, trying to control his great chakra, greater perversion, and huge rock hair, not knowing where he got it from.

"My favorite form of birth control: giving the girl the wrong name."
Eshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 16:50   Link #16
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

hey they have a KY store next to the Ramen stand so they off course have condoms....the internet and everything else...and CABLE!

IMO super pervert appears responsible on that end (so I agree with liquidcell)

So, I would like to think those high quality jeans are out and about in a little one

Yes I'd like there to be a "love child" but don't feel he would be that careless
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote