AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 10:58   Link #801
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Helicopter? Carrier? C'mon, give me an instrument-controlled Variable Fighter!
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 16:04   Link #802
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Helicopter? Carrier? C'mon, give me an instrument-controlled Variable Fighter!
...or a flamethrower marketted towards kids.
Old 2010-05-21, 07:19   Link #803
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Look at what the cat just dragged in...

Just got myself an Alter Yui earlier today, so I thought I'd show what I've got.

Here's Yui with my main guitar, "Vicious Victoria" (Washburn WV16 with EMG pickups). Sorry about the image quality, though...

Spoiler for Alter Yui:

Mio, with my five-string bass (Godin BG5 with EMG active pickups). I've already had her for almost two months.

Spoiler for Alter Mio:

And here's the two of them together. The hat's from the high school I attended here in Melbourne...

Spoiler for Mio and Yui:

--EDIT--

Also got myself a Figma Mugi. Will probably put up pics some time over this weekend.

Of all the worst possible times for new figures to get released - I'm trying to save up for a new bass amp that I'll use for gigging once I get into a band.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 14:20   Link #804
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
I'm a bass player as well, you can PM me for tips and stuff, I'll happily help you out!
I'm currently thinking about a figure, I'm deciding between the Mio Alter (School Uniform) and the UpLark Mio (Festival uniform)

Are there any new figures of Mio I should look out for? What do you guys say about these ones?

Thank you
Old 2010-05-22, 14:56   Link #805
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

An Azusa with an attitude!

Old 2010-05-22, 15:16   Link #806
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
I'm a bass player as well, you can PM me for tips and stuff, I'll happily help you out!
I'm currently thinking about a figure, I'm deciding between the Mio Alter (School Uniform) and the UpLark Mio (Festival uniform)

Are there any new figures of Mio I should look out for? What do you guys say about these ones?

Thank you
I'm mildly partial to the festival outfit (I have both) but for no rational reason. The "meido goth" outfit... I think there's a couple coming out - but I'm not as fond of her pose/facial expressions in those.
Old 2010-05-22, 15:59   Link #807
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
<snip>
Tsun-side Azunyan! She looks as though she's going to punch him.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 16:51   Link #808
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

awe to the some!

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 03:38   Link #809
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The most powerful twintails!!!!!!

Old 2010-05-25, 10:01   Link #810
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Where can I get the Mio Alter figure from?
I've checked eBay, Amazon and a lot of stores, either it's too expensive or it's not available anymore
I'm talking about the school uniform figure, if there's nothing soon I'll buy the UpLark figure, someone can tell me more about it? (Seen it, has it etc.)

Thank you
Old 2010-05-25, 13:35   Link #811
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
I've checked eBay, Amazon and a lot of stores, either it's too expensive or it's not available anymore
I'm talking about the school uniform figure, if there's nothing soon I'll buy the UpLark figure, someone can tell me more about it? (Seen it, has it etc.)

Thank you
click

cheers
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 13:40   Link #812
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Thank you
If you don't PREORDER anime figures, you can pretty much guarantee they won't be available after they release (especially for a popular series). Your only option is to trawl the Internet for hobby stores that might sell them (like the link above in Europe) or to lurk on Ebay if someone puts it up for sale.

I suggest haunting cdjapan.co.jp, hlj.com, or other online retailers and snap the pre-orders.

I'm currently collecting most of the K-On! figures via pre-order but when the series ends - I'm probably going to ebay everything except my favorite selections. Right now its a toss up between the school uniform and the festival line. The bathing suit line is cute... but probably not a keeper for me.
Old 2010-05-25, 14:28   Link #813
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
click

cheers
That's almost the same price I found, still costs too much...
Old 2010-05-25, 15:11   Link #814
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
That's almost the same price I found, still costs too much...
86 euro ~ $106 ... well if you allow for shipping costs from Japan to Europe, they're not really overcharging at all. Obviously, you want to try to find a figure that's already somewhat close to you (you don't say what country you're in that I've noticed).

If you live in the US.. .the biggest problem is that the yen-dollar ratio has sucked since the Economic Collapse a few years ago. It used to be around 120yen/$ ... now you're lucky if it breaks 90yen/$.

Shipping from Japan to the US isn't too bad (especially SAL vs EMS) but getting figures into Canada is onerous because of the absurd border taxes (as if Canada had some anime figure industry to protect :P ).

The price of a figure will usually go up over time (they're almost always a limited edition with the total production based on the pre-orders) unless the series it is associated with drops out of favor with the fans.

If you really want to pop your eyes, go research market prices on the Nanoha series of figures lately....
Old 2010-05-25, 16:11   Link #815
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
86 euro ~ $106 ... well if you allow for shipping costs from Japan to Europe, they're not really overcharging at all. Obviously, you want to try to find a figure that's already somewhat close to you (you don't say what country you're in that I've noticed).

If you live in the US.. .the biggest problem is that the yen-dollar ratio has sucked since the Economic Collapse a few years ago. It used to be around 120yen/$ ... now you're lucky if it breaks 90yen/$.

Shipping from Japan to the US isn't too bad (especially SAL vs EMS) but getting figures into Canada is onerous because of the absurd border taxes (as if Canada had some anime figure industry to protect :P ).

The price of a figure will usually go up over time (they're almost always a limited edition with the total production based on the pre-orders) unless the series it is associated with drops out of favor with the fans.

If you really want to pop your eyes, go research market prices on the Nanoha series of figures lately....
Oh damn, forgot to mention I'm from Israel
Anyhow, I'm kinda choosing between this and the upLark, I can get the upLark for about 90 dollars, and this figure will cost me around 130..
What would you recommend me?
Old 2010-05-25, 16:53   Link #816
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Oh damn, forgot to mention I'm from Israel
Anyhow, I'm kinda choosing between this and the upLark, I can get the upLark for about 90 dollars, and this figure will cost me around 130..
What would you recommend me?
errr, hmmm, matter of taste:
1) the Alter Mio (school uniform) is very dynamic - figure pose has her obviously rocking and enjoying her bass guitar. She has a wide stance and her hair is flipping around. However, its the school uniform which is a bit boring.
2) the Uplark Mio (gothic meido) is much shyer and timid. However, the detail on the meido outfit is excellent (the frills and lace work). She also comes with the timid smile or "about to burst into tears" choice of faces. The guitar itself is a bit flashier on the body paintwork though both are very detailed (e.g. actual strings on both models). This one has the advantage of having actually appeared in the series.

Sooooo, if shy Mio in gothic meido sparks your life - the Uplark. If you prefer her more dynamic and spirited (but in school garb), the Alter.

And after this post, I'm finding it even harder to choose between the Uplark meido, Alter school uniform, or the Movic/Kotobukiya cultural outfit. I like the cultural festival outfit... but her facial expression seems pretty mild. Combining the school uniform pose with the cultural outfit would have been killer.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:47   Link #817
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Note that Alter will be releasing a School Festival Mio version as well, so if the school uniform version is out of your reach, you could try this one.

Since I missed out on the Mio figure myself, I'll probably pre-order this one instead, as I'd like to have the entire band, even if they don't wear matching outfits.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:03   Link #818
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I didn't really fell in love with the Mio Alter School fest
I'll probably go with the upLark and hopefully there will be something interesting in August (Birthday!!!)
Old 2010-05-26, 03:06   Link #819
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Note that Alter will be releasing a School Festival Mio version as well, so if the school uniform version is out of your reach, you could try this one.

Since I missed out on the Mio figure myself, I'll probably pre-order this one instead, as I'd like to have the entire band, even if they don't wear matching outfits.
Aye... still grumbling at the lack of Ritsu and Mugi and their instruments to round out a collection. Hmmm, I think I like the stance and expression on the Alter "school festival" Mio a bit better than the Uplark though they're both "shy" ... as usual, tastes differ and ymmv.
Old 2010-05-26, 04:37   Link #820
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

can be noted also some of the big figures doesn't have striped panties.

Also didn't knew she has an alternate face