Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-22, 15:41   Link #81
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkBattousai View Post
I didn't read the chapter.
A few weeks ago, Prestige gave me a link for spoilers, but this week that source doesn't contain any pictures or information more that this thread includes.
And I have no idea where you people read the latest spoilers...
All I know about this chapter 561 is from what I have been reading in this thread.

EDIT: I have just seen that onemanga.com released the full version, but still I will appreciate if someone gives me a spoiler source for the next week.
Just try Arlong park forums.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:42   Link #82
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkBattousai View Post
EDIT: I have just seen that ________ released the full version, but still I will appreciate if someone gives me a spoiler source for the next week.
it's against the rules to mention in threads where you find full chapter scans and what-not

i generally suggest NOT reading spoilers
Seriously, HOW you find out info can effect how you recieve it... For instance, i think that finding out that Ace was the son of Gold Roger was A LOT more effective when you first read it in chapter, as opposed to reading spoilers... Sure there is some sense of surpirse in both cases; but the manga chapter gives you the proper build up and sets you in the right mood to receive it... in a way Oda prepares you, where as spoilers just skip the minor details and just blurts it out... it's the difference between moderate surprise and jaw dropping shock and awe.

If you are reading Bleach or Naruto, then go ahead, read spoilers; it's not like your missing much... but One piece can really send you for a spin and it's worth it to wait for a full translated scan, than to jump on the spoilers
Old 2009-10-22, 15:51   Link #83
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Buggy went boom. That was a mass duplication of commander kuma's at the end there.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-22, 15:55   Link #84
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
it's against the rules to mention in threads where you find full chapter scans and what-not

Seriously, HOW you find out info can effect how you recieve it... For instance, i think that finding out that Ace was the son of Gold Roger was A LOT more effective when you first read it in chapter, as opposed to reading spoilers... Sure there is some sense of surpirse in both cases; but the manga chapter gives you the proper build up and sets you in the right mood to receive it... in a way Oda prepares you, where as spoilers just skip the minor details and just blurts it out... it's the difference between moderate surprise and jaw dropping shock and awe.

If you are reading Bleach or Naruto, then go ahead, read spoilers; it's not like your missing much... but One piece can really send you for a spin and it's worth it to wait for a full translated scan, than to jump on the spoilers
Quoted for the Truth.

Listen to him guys, I know its hard to not spoil yourself but it really pays it up for hundred-fold.

If you dont have any idea what is going to happen in chapter when you open first page its going to be SO MUCH BETTER, even mediciore chapter will feel so much more intense than epic chapter that you have been spoiled for.

When you see next chapters spoiler thread being up then it will be very hard to not go check out spoilers but you really should have patience. You will be so happy at Friday when you can read chapters in full excitment.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:59   Link #85
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

Man the translation on certain site is so bad it would be better to just read spoilers lol. They the cause of some much OP trouble on the net it not funny .
Old 2009-10-22, 16:09   Link #86
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Man the translation on certain site is so bad it would be better to just read spoilers lol. They the cause of some much OP trouble on the net it not funny .
Then you should not use that certain site, remember that Google is your friend.

I check out todays chapter from my usual source and after it I checked it from that 'certain site' and it was like night and day.

'Certain sites' scanlation was very low quality and mistranslations were one every page.

Only source you should check chapters are BT's
Old 2009-10-22, 16:18   Link #87
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Then you should not use that certain site, remember that Google is your friend.

I check out todays chapter from my usual source and after it I checked it from that 'certain site' and it was like night and day.

'Certain sites' scanlation was very low quality and mistranslations were one every page.

Only source you should check chapters are BT's
Yep i start doing since the hancock mistranslation , to make matters worst they don't try to fix it when a better one comes out later.
Old 2009-10-22, 16:24   Link #88
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So from what Sengoku said, this looks more like their main plan, and their last card. I am guessing he would not have said those words if those Kuma clones wouldn't be capable of finishing the battle. That may be the case, if those Kuma clones have also devil fruit integrated to their body. In any case, in the next couple of chapters we should see some cleaning from the Pacifistas.

But I am quite interested in what Sengoku said, regarding the public opinion. Normally, public would celebrate with joy if they see WG crushing Whitebeard using those weapons. That means those Pacifistas may carry some weapons for which the public may not approve. If it would be the real world, I would say some chemical or nuclear bomb might fit perfectly there, but I don't think that is the case, at least, entirely.

Or maybe they will just annihilate the marines along with the pirates, and they don't want to see the world see that kind of action. That part is definitely understandable. Both as an action by the likes that gave the order for the Ohara mass murder, and the people seeing it with better and humane expectations.

That plan completely changed the flow of the fight. Not maybe in its actual flow, but, the way we see it. Now, the main focus will not be Mihawk, Crocodile, Luffy or others, it will be the damage that the Pacifistas will cause.
Old 2009-10-22, 16:27   Link #89
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Yep i start doing since the hancock mistranslation , to make matters worst they don't try to fix it when a better one comes out later.
Many groups have denied that site of using their scans, since that site is getting pretty desperate they try to catch chapter from any source avaivable.

This is pretty annoying since fans who use that site complain that Oda is making mistakes and doing stuff wrong while its just mistranslations and sometimes or pretty often just changing few words or translating lines wrongly can change chapters outcome entirely.

But Oda is using japanese quite richly and his dialogue are often hard to translate to english even for professional translators.
Old 2009-10-22, 17:50   Link #90
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I can't see Sentoumaru and Luffy fighting. They're on opposite sides of the battle.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:11   Link #91
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Lawl. Gomu Gomu no Jet Scapegoat. Quick thinking on Luffy's part though.~

So we have the introduction of the Fifth Division Commander Vista eh? I wonder just how many divisions the Whitebeard pirates have?

And then here come the Pacifistas. I wonder if we'll get to se Vegapunk soon?
Old 2009-10-22, 19:25   Link #92
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Another interesting part from the chapter is the moment that Luffy noticed the expected result of an attack that he has yet to use. Sure the story shows Mihawk just before that scene takes place, so it must have triggered something in Luffy. An acceptable scenario. But Luffy seeing the impact of that definitely looks to be different from how it was before, for him.

It almost reminded me the possible contents of what we weren't shown before, regarding the action of a person being foreseen by his opponent. If this is about the awakening of Luffy's haki, then it looks like Luffy is improving his use of haki, even though he is not doing it consciously. A good step forward for him. Let's see if he will master his control over his haki, before this arc ends.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:10   Link #93
james0246

^Wait, are you claiming that Luffy can use haki to see the future?
Old 2009-10-22, 20:13   Link #94
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

No, the way I saw it, he was able to predict the attack on him, if he had used his jet bazooka on Mihawk. This is similar to what Boa's sisters used, but maybe a bit more advanced version. Maybe, it is the king's haki, that allowed him to see even further. Maybe, it was his haki responding to Mihawk's haki that let him do that. Whatever the case, this was a first for Luffy, if I do remember correctly.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:22   Link #95
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Oh right right. How did he know his hand would have been cut off?
Old 2009-10-22, 20:30   Link #96
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
No, the way I saw it, he was able to predict the attack on him, if he had used his jet bazooka on Mihawk. This is similar to what Boa's sisters used, but maybe a bit more advanced version. Maybe, it is the king's haki, that allowed him to see even further. Maybe, it was his haki responding to Mihawk's haki that let him do that. Whatever the case, this was a first for Luffy, if I do remember correctly.
I really don't see haki in this situation at all. Rather, Luffy used his dusty old brain. Specifically, he realized that he was battling the strongest swordsman in the world, so attacks that would leave his limbs open for attack (which they are if he doesn't hit his target) would be attacked.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:31   Link #97
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

To dominate a fight, you must also dominate what your opponent is thinking. To have the dominating spirit, is to have Haki.

Mihawk clearly dominated this fight, but he was impressed by Luffy being so composed. Luffy is resisting Mihawk's Haki and trying to gain some ground, this means he is using his own Haki to resist Mihawk. And its also why Luffy can anticipate and visualise Mihawk's attacks, he could almost read Mihawk's mind, if he improves, he will dominate the opponents thoughts.

Yes, this is also what Haki does in other manga.

And like marvelB says, Luffy's ability to make allies, is indeed his Haki. He has the charisma of a king, he makes his enemies fear or wary him, he commands respect from his enemies. But to people who are not his enemies, he draws them towards him, people trust and believes in him. Haki is the dominating spirit one gets from his ambition, people other fear or get attracted to people with such powerful wills, but either way will command respect.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-10-22, 20:37   Link #98
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I highly doubt it, especially after we are given a close-up scene on Mihawk's eyes just before that happened.

Luffy was able to see the attack. And even Mihawk had to make a response after seeing his unusual behavior. This is not the Luffy we know. He never stopped an attack like this before. And considering his personality, thought does not seem to be main trigger.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:42   Link #99
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Wasn't an ability like this demonstrated in the Skypiea arc with Enel? But they called it "Mantra" there.

Maybe it was a hint at what Haki at great power could do?
Old 2009-10-22, 21:20   Link #100
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Wasn't an ability like this demonstrated in the Skypiea arc with Enel? But they called it "Mantra" there.

Maybe it was a hint at what Haki at great power could do?

If your refering to Luffy forseeing his arm being cut off, I don't think that was Mantra at all. I think Luffy just realized what Mihawk was doing with his blade. As we all know, Luffy becomes a basic genious when it comes to battle.

Mantra so far only has been seen with Skypians. I don't think it has anything to do with Haki, as your apparantly born with it, or trained to use it with the priests.