AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-25, 17:32   Link #61
Hir0

Manga Wise yeah?
Id say that monk, we didnt even see him fight and he died but now we know y we didnt see him fight lol
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 18:39   Link #62
minuteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werwolf Hokage
Zabuza. He was so awesome! And I also can't believe Lee is no longer a Ninja.
when did rock lee stop being a ninja?!!!!!!!!!
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 19:23   Link #63
Bloodseeker

I wanted to see PTJ Kin...
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 19:25   Link #64
tidus0728

Quote:
when did rock lee stop being a ninja?!!!!!!!!!
At the chuunin exam where he had a match against Gaara

And to me Zabuza and Haku died too soon.
tidus0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 19:25   Link #65
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
haku he could have been so much more. i also like zabuza alot to.

Last edited by Samourai; 2006-09-26 at 14:08.
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 19:32   Link #66
Rachy
Disabled By Request

On second thought i think Sai's brother died to soon he seemed like a nice guy.

i hope he comes back .. somehow =o.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 21:06   Link #67
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
Yondaime, White Fang.

We disagree on a lot of thing, But I agree wiht the 2 choices you made, I was only thinking of Yondaime, but Sakumo is one good pic! ^___^
Old 2006-09-25, 21:10   Link #68
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
At the chuunin exam where he had a match against Gaara
Uh...wasn't he recovered and returned to being one?
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 22:52   Link #69
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Rock Lee is definitely still a ninja, he's even been promoted to chuunin.

Yeah, being a sound ninja=quick death in this series. Dosu, Kin, Zaku, the Sound Four and Kimimaro all could've been good reoccuring villains for the new story arc. Now you basically have Akatsuki + Oro, Kabuto and Sasuke as the remaining opponents. That's spreading things a little thin when you have such a large cast of characters with new ones such as Yamato and Sai being added. In particular, I really liked the character of Dosu. His techniques were interesting and he was supposedly one of the stronger Genin. I was irked when he was killed before settling things with Sasuke.

I liked the characters of Haku, Zabuza and Sandaime, but felt that their deaths were meaningful and well-done in regards to the story. I wouldn't want to see them revived.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 10:57   Link #70
Snubben_Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
Rock Lee is definitely still a ninja, he's even been promoted to chuunin.

Yeah, being a sound ninja=quick death in this series. Dosu, Kin, Zaku, the Sound Four and Kimimaro all could've been good reoccuring villains for the new story arc. Now you basically have Akatsuki + Oro, Kabuto and Sasuke as the remaining opponents. That's spreading things a little thin when you have such a large cast of characters with new ones such as Yamato and Sai being added. In particular, I really liked the character of Dosu. His techniques were interesting and he was supposedly one of the stronger Genin. I was irked when he was killed before settling things with Sasuke.

I liked the characters of Haku, Zabuza and Sandaime, but felt that their deaths were meaningful and well-done in regards to the story. I wouldn't want to see them revived.
You said everything i needed to say..(not the first time one of your posts robs me from having something to say, grr.. hehe)
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 13:41   Link #71
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I wonder how funny it'd be if Naruto did Kuchiyose no Jutsu and summoned Yondaime from the dead =P.

"ZOMG, I summoned a me on crack!"
Old 2006-09-26, 15:24   Link #72
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath of the Uchiha
Uh...wasn't he recovered and returned to being one?
Yes, but the English version just showed the Lee/Gaara fight a couple of weeks ago...

Also, Tayuya and Kin.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 16:16   Link #73
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I think Shino died too fast. I know he's not technically dead, but he might as well be. The guy has two great fights, has a technique that stands alone from other characters, and is used less than any other character in the series, next to Hinata. But even Hinata has a purpose in the manga because she has a crush on Naruto. Shino has potential to be a great character and he's just not used.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 16:58   Link #74
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Haku....i'd say Haku would've been an awesome replacement for the recently traitor Sasuke...

Unfortunatly Haku had to deal with the Kyuubi...actually he defeated the Sharingan user Sasuke...but Kyuubi Naruto was too much...

Haku & Zabuza's death was i think...the most emotional scene so far...followed by Chouji's (so-called death)
Old 2006-09-26, 17:01   Link #75
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
Yes, but the English version just showed the Lee/Gaara fight a couple of weeks ago.
Heh, someone just got spoilt :/
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 01:29   Link #76
DAmer
Hokage

I would say Sasori has also died too soon, Kishi should have let him play around a little bit more. He was a pretty influential character.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 05:34   Link #77
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Hrm...the only one I can really think of is Gekko Hayate (the Jonin with the cough who was killed by Baki). I found him interesting...he was very skilled for his age (as said by Baki), and had that weird cough that we never found anything out about. I really liked him.

There are some characters I was sad to see go, but for almost all of them it was their time. Kimimaro most notably. Kimimaro was an awesome character...but he served his purpose, we got to find out most everything about him...plus in a series of overpowered characters, he was REdiculously over the top power-wise.

As a rule of thumb, if you get to hear most of a minor character's life story in one go sometime during their first appearance or so, they're not going to be good to keep around. Haku, Zabuza, and Kimi along with a handful of others fall into that category. Also, this one is almost particular to villans, if you get next to no back story at all (the Sound Four, Fujin, Raijin, etc.) they're prettymuch going to be throwaway characters.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 06:27   Link #78
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Ya know, I think they've done a fantastic job with killing of characters. I think that all the characters that have died thus far(animewise since I'm not current on the manga) have been very well done. Some do get the short end of the stick but considering they are ninjas I'm sure that would happen fairly often.

There are a few characters that haven't died though that should have. I do think Chouji and Neji should have died, even though I like them both. They had awesome fights and great death scenes. Who cares if they are two main supporting characters? Another chacter that should have died that didn't...friggin Oro. Yea yea, I know he plays an extremely important role but he was getting his soul ripped out. It kinda makes the 3rd hokage dying a little pointless. I'm sure they could have come up with something and let Oro die. There are other villians out there to take his place. On a side note, I'm not big on the whole Sasuke vs. Naruto thing but with all the times Sasuke has "died" or come within inches of death his luck should have just run out at some point. What with the Haku fight, the cursed seal itself, the Orochimaru fight, and all the times poor Sakura has had to suffer through seeing him die in various genjutsu. Poor girl...geez.
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 08:13   Link #79
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Talking about people who SHOULD have...if anyone needs to have died...it's Kabuto. I used to like, him...but now I'm just sick and tired. When he got blasted by Naruto the first time he used Rasengan, that should have been it.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 12:19   Link #80
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for manga: