AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 01:57   Link #61
CubeE
Taju Kage Unagi No Jutsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I think it's more the reaction of having a long filler arc, then returning to canon, and now another long filler arc. People are wondering what is happening to Shippuden. Maybe if it was spaced out more or in smaller doses.

The anime is starting to return to that feeling of Part 1 filler when fans just lost interest and didn't care. I can see from the responses in various forums. During the Zombie Twin Arc the episode thread here would get 7-9 pages of pure talk. Now it's sometimes only a page or two and most if it is complaining about filler. Same thing on most other forums. The interest in the anime has gone way down.

I imagine the ratings are still holding in Japan. The real question is whether DVD sales are affected. Will the more hardcore fans want to buy DVDs of just filler? I am curious to how the Fire Temple/Sora Arc fared in sales in Japan.
I think it's really a matter of it being a long bad filler arc. It would get plenty of interest if it was actually good enough to be worth discussing. Hopefully, the fillers sell like pet rocks in Japan so they're forced to get a little more creative.
CubeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 02:05   Link #62
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I honestly don't see why the anime team needs to devote so much time on a second filler arc (Mar - June iirc) since the Anime is far behind the manga. Although in defense of the Guren Arc, the crystal jutsu sounds cool enough for me to watch it when it gets an English dub.
Old 2009-03-31, 06:11   Link #63
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The real question is whether DVD sales are affected. Will the more hardcore fans want to buy DVDs of just filler? I am curious to how the Fire Temple/Sora Arc fared in sales in Japan.
I remind reading somewhere that it sold pretty well. Can't confirm it though.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:44   Link #64
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I remind reading somewhere that it sold pretty well. Can't confirm it though.
Actually Sora arc wasn't so bad after I have re-watched it
The only reason why I wanted it to end was because of Hidan and Kakuzu since I wanted to see them animated so much
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 09:01   Link #65
neshru

It wasn't bad, all the fighting made it actually more entertaining than the Sai arc. The last three episodes ruined it though.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:02   Link #66
CubeE
Taju Kage Unagi No Jutsu!

The Zombie Brothers were quite an epic dynamic. Hidan is definitely one of my favorite ninja.
CubeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 10:49   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I've taken a liking to the twist among certain character's interactions:

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:04   Link #68
GreenLama
Banned

I enjoyed episode #102, I really am not feeling all this hate that everyone seems to have for these so called "fillers", I am enjoying them all while thirsting for a little action, no biggie to me. Hopefully we get to see the fight with the Three Tails soon, I bet it's going to be a knockdown/dragout. I am seriously missing my "homeboy" Sasuke, hopefully we get to see some of him in future I am still hating the ending theme song, it's so utterly annoying, lol.
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 12:49   Link #69
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia

I am getting very excited to see the big showdown between Naruto and company against the three tailed beast, but it looks as if it could be an episode or two away at the pace that things are moving in Shippuden. I don't mind the slow pacing, we are still being treated to cool stuff like the Naruto/Guren altercation in episode 101 and the three tails going ape a couple episodes ago, but I do hope the pace quickens up and we see some great action over the course of the next month or so. I am definatly digging Shippuden, I have been a Naruto fan for a little over a year now and I have just came on to Shippuden with episode 99 and even though it's caught up in "filler hell" right now, I still am loving it, so imagin how I feel once the story and the action pick up!
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 23:10   Link #70
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
I enjoyed episode #102, I really am not feeling all this hate that everyone seems to have for these so called "fillers", I am enjoying them all while thirsting for a little action, no biggie to me. Hopefully we get to see the fight with the Three Tails soon, I bet it's going to be a knockdown/dragout. I am seriously missing my "homeboy" Sasuke, hopefully we get to see some of him in future I am still hating the ending theme song, it's so utterly annoying, lol.
so far i like the story but i feel like it is being drawn out a bit to much. the last four episodes could have been put in to three or even two, the story just seems to be running in place and not moving forward. on that note i would be willing to bet we don't see much fighting till ep#104.
Full Metal Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 06:08   Link #71
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Jackass View Post
i would be willing to bet we don't see much fighting till ep#104.
Well, all the fighting scenes in the preview are from episode 103.
Old 2009-04-07, 17:24   Link #72
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Well, all the fighting scenes in the preview are from episode 103.
i know but i don't think we will get to the meat of the fights till 104, but i hope i am wrong
Full Metal Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:40   Link #73
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Are the fillers over?! I haven't watched Naruto in such a long time

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 23:05   Link #74
Alchemist007
*Author

They are not
Old 2009-04-08, 09:29   Link #75
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

What the hell are they playing at? The Manga is Light years ahead of the anime, and we still stuck with this Filler crap. Has it been said when It'll return to the canon stuff?
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:34   Link #76
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
What the hell are they playing at? The Manga is Light years ahead of the anime, and we still stuck with this Filler crap.
lol @ people that keep whining about it. The reasons why we are having another filler arc have been discussed a thousand times already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Has it been said when It'll return to the canon stuff?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-08, 10:40   Link #77
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia

While I am looking foward to seeing the story arc's from the Manga, as I said before, I am happy with whats going on now and I look foward to the fight with the Three Tails beast. I am hoping to see more "love" hints dropped between Sakura and Naruto and I certainly hope we see some Sasuke soon, I miss seeing him around all the time.
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote