AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima f - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 15 22.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 16.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 5.97%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 00:22   Link #41
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Um, the gallia king remember?
Spoiler for I think he meant Joseph's replacement:
Old 2012-03-25, 00:40   Link #42
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Familiar of Zero

So, another of my most memorable series finally ended, and after watching the finalé it left me with that familiar feeling of nostalgia and void. Moreso, because Zero no Tsukaima has ended for good, particularly that the Light Novels reached their conclusion first.

The episode overall worked for the emotional aspect that between Louise and Saito they expressed their feelings of love towards each other without inhibitions and being transparent at not hiding anything from each other.

I can't believe it was just the start of summer about six years ago when I first tuned to Zero no Tsukaima, watching at the very start Louise messing up her spell and summoning Saito into her world in front of everyone.
Spoiler:

The relationship matured in great millions from how Saito was literally whipped and forced to wash Louise's laundry at the beginning of season one up to becoming her only man and marrying her at the end of this final season.

He met with Louise's classmates, the Teachers of the Academy, Queen Henrietta, Julio, Tiffania, many allies, and formidable foes along the course of the story spanned in four seasons of worthy anime.

But, I do digress at how the story for this fourth season handled things with the climax and the conclusion:
Spoiler:

Other things to complain were that the Gunson siblings were added just to temporary foes to Louise and Saito. When Josef was alive they put a good fight, but with Josef dying very sooner they quickly fade and only to return as were mercenaries on paid.

There were a few little details that bothered with this episode, but I do praise the series overall due to its soundtrack which never ceases to mesmerize my senses, and I see that the opening for the second season is like the mascot theme for the whole franchise because the last two seasons have played different variations of the second opening, and it was played more prominently in Louise & Saito's wedding.

Moreover, I believe it was a nice touch, and one which I prayed for the most ever since Saito returned two times to his world in the previous episode and the epilogue to the finalé.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-25, 05:21   Link #43
Dr. Casey

Okay episode. The wedding between Saito and Louise at the end was cute and nicely done, and some of the nonsensical elements (Namely Saito somehow hijacking a plane) reach 'So bad it's good' territory.

The moment where Saito proposed to Louise wasn't something I was able to find moving, though, because the relationships in this series are so random and jump around so much that I pretty much lost my ability to care about these bizarre relationships (That are so unlike normal human relationships) a long time ago, in much the same way that someone who's just finished a twelve hour trip might be too nauseated and carsick to care about the fact that their destination's reached. Isn't this like the 47th time that Saito's confessed his love to Louise for reals? It's only a matter of time, too, until someone else falls in love with Saito, at which point they'll have their personality (Whatever that might be) warped into a slobbering obsessive cock-starved bimbo that completely disregards the fact that Louise and Saito are an item, since the anime apparently thinks that chararacters with consistent personalities are the devil's work. I think SmarterChild could write a story with characters that make more sense than these do. (Though, writing issues aside, the series does have likable characters and very pretty artwork. I like the series, no doubt, it just gives me a headache sometimes.)
Old 2012-03-25, 05:38   Link #44
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

9/10.... I got several reasons

first, the dragons battle is maybe the best since this anime got aired... although we need more action battle.... the dragon looks so easy when it is fought by 4 factions

second, okay! I got confused about how Saito manage to steal an airplane... nah! whatever... we're dealing with ZnT so anything can happen... it supposed to be a light story so it's better if I don't care about simple things like that....

third, yay! what a timing! it's solar eclipse today... lol...
yeah! Saito arrived at right timing with awesome missiles... Delf still alive?? aww...
looks like we must have a happy ending so the only one allowed to die is Pope
I can also conclude that Louise is the only void magician who have offensive attack

fourth, hmm... happy ending... when I hear Saito's confession, I can hear 4 breaking heart's sound from 4 girls at the same time...
I'm one of harem end's hater so I support this ending

fifth, this is the reason why I should give this episode a high score.... I'm the one who always say I want to see an episode when Louise come to Japan... hey! J.C. Staff hears me so they make it for me... lol

J.C. Staff... you just do a very good job lately.... I'm still amazed by Shakugan no Shana and now I'm quite satisfied with Zero no Tsukaima (although I really want to read novel's ending... maybe sounds better?)
well, I still prefer season 2's ending but this is an okay ending for me... Zero no Tsukaima got a simple story so a happy and peaceful ending like this totally deserved it

Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima.... both have same seiyuu's lead (Rie Kugimiya and Satoshi Hino) and end at same time....
I'm sad but I must move forward... looking for your new project, J.C. Staff
Old 2012-03-25, 07:31   Link #45
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Only 1 question..

Tipe span beetween magic world and earth?
Old 2012-03-25, 11:59   Link #46
MarkFark

I try to think of the anime as a completely different story than the novels.

and look, it is.
Old 2012-03-25, 13:42   Link #47
ookamigirl

The dragon attacked. The reinforcements came.
It was quite a battle, but that dragon sure played dirty..
Saito's entrance was really impressive ^^
That fighter jet sure came in handy against that dragon.
There was no doubt they would win, but the marriage part was sort of a surprise.
Good final episode with a fairy tale ending LOL

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-03-25, 14:36   Link #48
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFark View Post
I try to think of the anime as a completely different story than the novels.

and look, it is.
So the anime don't follow the novels closely ?

How much does the anime and novel resemble each other ?
I understand that the novel ain't done yet so I guess this was a anime only ending
Old 2012-03-25, 18:44   Link #49
judasmartel
*Author

If there is one word that differentiates the anime from the novels, it's something called FANSERVICE.
Old 2012-03-25, 19:03   Link #50
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I don't know, I thought the princess was a much more interesting character than Louise because she struggles between her feelings for Saito and the country politics whereas louise just either throws a tantrums or ends up running crying only to end up being captured by the enemy.
Louise struggled between her duty and feelings too. Its just that in anime it was shallow as hell and barely noticeable.

I dont think its fair to compare Shakugan no Shana and ZnT because Shana had much more length and episodes so naturally it will come better and deeper.

Ofcourse you could do it in short way with good directors but ZnT had a pairing of fucktards directing season 2 and 3 and as a result it stank up the ending too as there had to be many stuff left out.
Old 2012-03-25, 21:19   Link #51
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
If there is one word that differentiates the anime from the novels, it's something called FANSERVICE.
No, that word would be "plot". The anime follows the novels about as closely as Dragonball Evolution followed DBZ.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:10   Link #52
mark1246

So CAN SOME ONE TELL ME IF this follow the NOvel and this is the last season? please
Old 2012-03-25, 23:34   Link #53
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Well, everything played out as I expected, plus a little more. Stealing the plane and revived Delf was a bit pushing it, but I've already given this final season enough slack to not care about it. I was happy that we got a wedding scene, which bumped my grade from 8 to 9. Finally, Saito is free from his Harem hell, or so I'd like to believe. We also got an epilogue, which I will be looking forward to read in the chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
So CAN SOME ONE TELL ME IF this follow the NOvel and this is the last season? please
Um, the show is not called "Zero no Tsukaima Final" for no reason
And I hear that the anime were quite loyal to the novels. Dunno about the ending though, since the last two novels aren't out yet, so I dunno if the anime ending will be same as novel ending.
Old 2012-03-26, 00:59   Link #54
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Louise struggled between her duty and feelings too. Its just that in anime it was shallow as hell and barely noticeable.

I dont think its fair to compare Shakugan no Shana and ZnT because Shana had much more length and episodes so naturally it will come better and deeper.

Ofcourse you could do it in short way with good directors but ZnT had a pairing of fucktards directing season 2 and 3 and as a result it stank up the ending too as there had to be many stuff left out.
That's why the anime Louise is crap compared to the novel one.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-03-26, 02:29   Link #55
rageguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I can't believe it was just the start of summer about six years ago when I first tuned to Zero no Tsukaima, watching at the very start Louise messing up her spell and summoning Saito into her world in front of everyone.
Wow. I didn't realize I watched ZnT first season 6 years ago. That means I've been watching anime for even longer than that. I believe my first anime was Kannaduki no Miko, then Mai Hime. I don't even want to know how old those two animes are.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:35   Link #56
AP24

The wedding wasn't a surprise to me cause the eyecatches since ep 7 had been hinting us of a wedding going to take place in the last episode.

I guess all the feelings of being unsatisfied with the whole season are because even though this season followed the light novels it adapted 1 volume story into 1 episode on average and as a result many things were rushed without showing some details.

I wonder if the light novel will end with Louise and Saito getting married including them going to Saito's world as well. Maybe that scene will be elaborated in the light novel.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:48   Link #57
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
And I hear that the anime were quite loyal to the novels. Dunno about the ending though, since the last two novels aren't out yet, so I dunno if the anime ending will be same as novel ending.
lmao who told you that? like my friend said the anime followed the novels as well as dragon ball evolution followed dragonabll (which is not very well). Just best to consider them 2 separate birds. I think most could agree to adapt this properly it'd need to be 60 or so episodes

i think this just adds on to what has been a disappointing start to the 2012 anime season. This and guilty crown were epic fails, and theres still a few more series to end, i just thank god i had highschool dxd to get me passed on the crap this season
Old 2012-03-26, 07:59   Link #58
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
I was shocked to see him come out with a F-16, seriously i was expecting him to show up with a B-2

lol 6/10 it worths much lower then this but meh
Old 2012-03-26, 10:12   Link #59
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Last episode was so damn rushed and predictable but at the same time very good and fun, nothing special but a functional and entertain saga.

Hope there will be some extra episodes or a oav in the future to cover more after this ending.

8/10 overall.
Old 2012-03-26, 16:12   Link #60
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Um, the show is not called "Zero no Tsukaima Final" for no reason
You heard wrong. Though again its mostly them skipping components like crazy because of the schedule not because they are stupid.

But they changed/skipped a lot. No one knows about the last episode as the last volume isnt out yet but prior that they sure skipped plenty of material.

And I dont think novels will let Pope dissapear just like that without a mention. After all he was one of the main characters lately (though not positive one).
Closed Thread