AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 16:50   Link #381
ReY4Ever

Why do i have a bad feeling about the friendship between Ranmaru and Ichiko? They really put the accent on Ichiko getting betrayed in the past. So i wonder how Ranmaru/Ichiko/Tsuwabuki will work out.

It's the first thing that sprung to my mind when they had: "You will betray me." "I will not." part. Both have been shown to be atleast interested in him.
ReY4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 17:49   Link #382
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I thought the first time I saw the first episode and the second ect ect ... I immediately thought of the first anime Gintama with humor and references to other anime and what did I learn that the one who made the anime Gintama work Binbougami ga?? explain why it makes me think Momiji has a feminine Gintoki

Old 2012-08-23, 18:28   Link #383
halibonga

Ep8: I never knew the personification of True EVIL is a 8 year old girl
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 19:07   Link #384
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

So much character development in a comedy! and someone mention the possible love triangle... this is gonna bring hell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
Ep8: I never knew the personification of True EVIL is a 8 year old girl
Anything with a vag is evil!
Old 2012-08-23, 19:14   Link #385
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReY4Ever View Post
Why do i have a bad feeling about the friendship between Ranmaru and Ichiko? They really put the accent on Ichiko getting betrayed in the past. So i wonder how Ranmaru/Ichiko/Tsuwabuki will work out.

It's the first thing that sprung to my mind when they had: "You will betray me." "I will not." part. Both have been shown to be atleast interested in him.
I think they are gonna use this to make it the difference between the two friendships honestly.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 20:28   Link #386
supermegasonic

i had the feeling rindou was gonna be an awesome character in this series and i was rite!! but im getting a small bad feeling about the betrayal part. i mean everyone knows rindou likes the male MC, but i think ichiko also has a slight interest in him too

and lol there's your kagumie Rie /tsundereloli in this episode. though she was a bi----
Old 2012-08-23, 20:47   Link #387
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Fu** the romance --'
Old 2012-08-23, 21:12   Link #388
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Anime chicks got memory skills like an elephant. From childhood marriage promises to never forgetting something that happened like 10 years ago. Hell anything past 1 year is pushing it for me lol. She really needs to just let that go, cause all its done is make her a bitchy person, the same kind of person who messed her up. Especially since IMO it was something pretty minor and petty. You can ALWAYS find better friends/love interests, no need to lock your emotions over something like that.
Old 2012-08-23, 21:20   Link #389
larethian

^ Well considering that she was an innocent kid at that time, the damage done and the fear of betrayal getting carried over to her adult years was not unbelievable.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 21:30   Link #390
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Very surprised at how for a comedy series, the character psychology of Binbou Gami Ga is very consistent and logical.

Most people would just snort and say: It's just failed puppy love, deal with it!!

Well, most people Ichiko' age tend to have the shouldes of Moms and Dads to cry on and be hugged back by when they are lonely.

At their most vulnerable hour, they are reminded there is still hope and love.

NOT Ichiko. All she has is a butler who is obligated to keep a professional and therefore emotional distance from her, and vice versa.

At the moment where most people would begin to heal, Ichiko instead begins to scar instead.

Little details and idiosyncracies like thi really make even a flawed and unlikable person like Ichiko all the more believable, if not actually somewhat realistic, supernatural wackiness of the show notwithstanding.

And yes, it seems I'm not the only one who sees Ichiko and Ranmaru's mutual love for our hard-lucked male protagonist as a path that can ONLY end in hate, broken friendship and tears.
Old 2012-08-23, 21:30   Link #391
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
^ Well considering that she was an innocent kid at that time, the damage done and the fear of betrayal getting carried over to her adult years was not unbelievable.
Oh no doubt it can really happen, it even does. But I'd tell them like I'd tell her, just need to get over it, especially since its something that in no way can effect the kind of life you CAN have now. Doing nothing but limiting yourself.
Old 2012-08-23, 21:32   Link #392
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Anime chicks got memory skills like an elephant. From childhood marriage promises to never forgetting something that happened like 10 years ago. Hell anything past 1 year is pushing it for me lol. She really needs to just let that go, cause all its done is make her a bitchy person, the same kind of person who messed her up. Especially since IMO it was something pretty minor and petty. You can ALWAYS find better friends/love interests, no need to lock your emotions over something like that.
you have to see the whole picture, the whole series you can see that its not easy for her to make friends, and those kind of things can mark anyone, and its even harder if it becomes a trauma, but i have to say the anime omitted something that emphatize on that, also anime chicks? hell i think a lot of people can agree that there are not many things that last more than a woman's grudge, add to that the famous quote:"hell has no wrath like a woman scorned".
Old 2012-08-23, 21:32   Link #393
Anime Online

I was kind of scratching my head over Ichiko's hesitation when Rindou is holding up parts of a collapsed building over her head.

In episode 3, Ichiko rushed over and jumped right into a raging river when Ryuu got swept into the waters. Now in episode 8, Ichiko takes the time to debate internally whether or not to save Rindou, nevermind Rindou was the one who jumped in and saved her a moment ago. Perhaps the anime simply wanted to show some kind of life-in-danger tension, though I felt it was kind of weird to have that kind of debate in a time like that. Oh well.

In any case, it was interesting to have more background information on why Ichiko acts like that.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 21:35   Link #394
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
you have to see the whole picture, the whole series you can see that its not easy for her to make friends, and those kind of things can mark anyone, and its even harder if it becomes a trauma, but i have to say the anime omitted something that emphatize on that, also anime chicks? hell i think a lot of people can agree that there are not many things that last more than a woman's grudge, add to that the famous quote:"hell has no wrath like a woman scorned".
I don't disagree with any of that, but at the same time, I don't think she deserves a pass for her behavior because of that. Yea she's had her troubled past, but its still no excuse for treating others how she has. Now don't get me wrong, the "lets get her raped" thing was definitely over the top, but its not like she's being unfairly hated on. A lot of this, she put on herself.
Old 2012-08-23, 21:56   Link #395
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely get to see some of Ichiko past

Ranmaru, Ichiko as bunny girls and Momiji stuff her bunny suit with bread
Old 2012-08-23, 22:04   Link #396
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Ranmaru returns as a girl again next week!! Yay!!
Old 2012-08-23, 22:07   Link #397
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Was I the only one a bit horrified to see the three stooges try and get Ichiko gang-raped, and come away with nothing worse than a "Let's all be friends!" from Rindou and a touching ending?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 22:16   Link #398
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Was I the only one a bit horrified to see the three stooges try and get Ichiko gang-raped, and come away with nothing worse than a "Let's all be friends!" from Rindou and a touching ending?
Usually I'd say "If you want to see them get their just desserts, just wait for the Doujinshi (Fan Manga)"

But, in THIS particular case I'll say "No thanks, I'm not into beastiality."
Old 2012-08-23, 22:19   Link #399
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

I would say it's equally horrifying how the three girls abandoned Rindou right away after they crawled out from the debris. Wait, what, she just saved you guys! At least call someone, c'mon!

Since Rindou and Ichiko appeared to have forgetten the whole thing the next morning, I suppose the viewers should also adopt the same view: smile, nod, enjoy the show and ask less troubling questions.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 22:21   Link #400
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I also wonder about the sheer EASE with which Ichiko was kidnapped.

Isn't she a trained Martial Artist? How the heck does a weak-ass choke hold from a makeup obsessed "Gal" enough to take her out?

Tags
comedy, shounen, supernatural