AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 50 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 16.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 27.84%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-18, 11:57   Link #401
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The rose is laid thick on the spectacles here, truly.
Hahaha, perhaps. I could be.....a little biased to the UC shows.
Old 2017-04-18, 12:13   Link #402
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

And Jerid a complicated jerk?
Yeah, I standby what I said. Jerid was jerk but he was potrayed as a person. People are complicated. They can be cruel, infatuated/love with others, form friendships, etc. Jerid does all this throughout the show, he loses friends and crushes. Is there any wonder he is driven by a desire for revenge? I would not say Jerid was a good guy but he felt like a 3 dimensional character and despite being a jerk I still felt sorry for him at times. How can one be so cold blooded as to not feel bad for the guy when his friends are killed?

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2017-04-18 at 12:30.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 13:29   Link #403
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Yeah, I standby what I said. Jerid was jerk but he was potrayed as a person. People are complicated. They can be cruel, infatuated/love with others, form friendships, etc. Jerid does all this throughout the show, he loses friends and crushes. Is there any wonder he is driven by a desire for revenge? I would not say Jerid was a good guy but he felt like a 3 dimensional character and despite being a jerk I still felt sorry for him at times. How can one be so cold blooded as to not feel bad for the guy when his friends are killed?
I can get behind you if only Jerid took the advice of the women who loved him to lay off his meaningless bad blood with Kamille coz it's bad for him. But unfortunately, he didn't. In a way, Jerid's blind vengeance was the one who got those women killed. And you know how Jerid's bitter "rivarly" with Kamille started? It's because Jerid mocked and insulted Kamille's name and Kamille smacked him for it. So, all of Jerid's misfortunes were started by none other than himself, and by insisting on and on to chase and try to kill Kamille, his misfortune on the hands of Kamille kept piling up and up until Kamille finally blasted him to death like the pest he is . How can people feel bad for an idiot-bully like Jerid who got blinded by petty revenge for selfish reasons like pride? A petty revenge for the conflict that he started, no less. I'm not kidding when I said that even many UC-fans consider Jerid's role in Zeta funny and meme-worthy . Jerid's journey during Zeta can be used to illustrate a "divine punishment" where people reap what they sow.
Old 2017-04-18, 13:36   Link #404
wissenschaft

"How can people feel bad for an idiot-bully like Jerid who got blinded by petty revenge for selfish reasons like pride?"

Ah, considering real life.........people have killed and been killed for dumber reasons than pride.

*its ok Jerid. Pet pet. Your still allowed on my SRW V team. Yes, you can recruit Jerid in SRW V. LOL

Clearly, I'm not the only one who felt bad for the poor sucker:

Old 2017-04-18, 13:42   Link #405
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Calling him complicated is a stretch. Patrick Colasour was more complicated than Jerid ever was.
Old 2017-04-18, 13:42   Link #406
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
"How can people feel bad for an idiot-bully like Jerid who got blinded by petty revenge for selfish reasons like pride?"

Ah, considering real life.........people have killed and been killed for dumber reasons than pride.
Yeah, and people don't like them in real life too, and for a good reason.

People can forgive and sympathize with a bully who apologized and stopped being a bully. People can't forgive a bully who insist on being a bully until the day he die, like Jerid .

Quote:
Clearly, I'm not the only one who felt bad for the poor sucker:

Yeah, and Kamille did all that in self-defense from attacks that started by Jerid and his party. Hah, the irony is delicious.
Old 2017-04-18, 15:02   Link #407
wissenschaft

I just didn't see Zeta gundam the same. I kind of hated both sides. Kamille was a jerk as well so to me it was two jerks fighting it out rather than a bully and a victim.
Old 2017-04-18, 20:53   Link #408
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Calling him complicated is a stretch. Patrick Colasour was more complicated than Jerid ever was.
Patrick Colasawar was just a really good humorous character. Jerid was a character with various layers of insecurity and personal issues which he fails to go through during the series, which is why he inevitably fails to do anything at the end.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 21:42   Link #409
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I just didn't see Zeta gundam the same. I kind of hated both sides. Kamille was a jerk as well so to me it was two jerks fighting it out rather than a bully and a victim.
Jerid insulted Kamille during their first encounter and continued that act by killing Kamille’s mother with a freakin’ Mobile Suit later on and then continued to hunt down Kamille and the Argama with Titans' state-of-the-art weapons & squads coz Jerid just hated Kamille. Also, Jerid was in full agreement with Titans and all their despicable methods and even aimed to lead the Titans in the future. Yeah, Jerid dreamed to be the leader of a big murderous bully of an organization and continue their horrific practices of gassing colonies and other mass murdering genocides and tyrannical rule in the name of “peacekeeping”. How is Jerid not a bully? Maybe you’re confused since Kamille was the better pilot and was able to fight back to defend himself and his comrades from Jerid and co that you don’t see Kamille as a bully victim at some point, but the fact remains that Jerid is the big bully along with the Titans that he fully supported.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
Patrick Colasawar was just a really good humorous character. Jerid was a character with various layers of insecurity and personal issues which he fails to go through during the series, which is why he inevitably fails to do anything at the end.
Yeah, as much as I like Patrick Colasour, he’s just as simple as Jerid (if not simpler). Patrick is a fun character who is not a bully and just a happy-go-lucky soldier doing his job and later on doing it to protect and impress Kati. On the other hand, Jerid did apologize to Kamille for unintentionally killing his mother (duh, only psychos won't feel guilty after doing that kind of grave mistake, which sadly describes many Titans' higher-ups well: complete psychos and power hungry animals) but also made it clear that he still hate Kamille and will continue to hunt him down. All in all, Jerid was driven by petty spite just like Ein in IBO. Heck, I think Ein is a liiitle bit better coz his spite towards Tekkadan was truly born from Crank’s death that he treasured so much while Jerid was already spiteful toward Kamille from the beginning.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2017-04-18 at 22:56. Reason: adding further details
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 11:22   Link #410
Tenzen12

To be honest I think Jerid is fine. I mean he hated Kamille. No one who hates him can be truly bad person, right? Di I can appreciate his dedication. Honestly if all protagonists were like Kamille, villains would get much more love than they get...
Old 2017-04-29, 15:07   Link #411
wissenschaft

Hahhahaa, yeah. I know that feeling. I kind of hated Kamille from the first episode. lol Poor Fa, why did she have such bad taste in men? She could do far better than Kamille. (totally a girls name) :P Zeta did go out of its way to show the emotional impact of deaths on both sides and I guess I'm not cold blooded enough to hate people while their mourning the death of love ones. Does this mean Jerid didn't deserve his fate? Of course not, he was a stupid jerk after all. I still felt bad watching him cry though.

Patrick Colasour was a joke character always played for laughs. I never had much of problem with him because never did anything evil. He was just a bit stupid but hey, he got a hottie in the end. happy ending!

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2017-04-29 at 15:24.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 06:04   Link #412
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Patrick has a likable personality, like a friend you would know in real life. Sometimes he's brash, overconfident, idiotic and haughty but also fiercely loyal (to his friend), happy-go-lucky and laid back.

He can hold grudges but wouldn't mind letting bygones be bygones if situation changes. He can go from "you've humiliated me enough times Gundams" to "dude what the hell? You should have covered me sooner back then" towards the same group fairly quickly.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-04-30 at 06:21.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 12:58   Link #413
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My point is, Jerid was just as shallow, if not more so, than a joke character like Patrick.
Old 2017-05-13, 08:26   Link #414
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*drops 2 cents*

I regret catching up on this series...fuck that ending. Was bad enough that Akihito didn't get direct revenge for Lafta's murder....
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote