AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-07-06, 20:36   Link #2701
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PusheenTheCat View Post
Still page- catching and I was ready to jump in and defend Julis' shining moments ... but all thought was lost when I came upon "delicious armpits." Holy shit that's the funniest thing I've ever read!!!
Holy hell yeah. I subscribed to the thread and was just enjoying reading through the daily emails about what people are talking about and then out of nowhere "armpits" came into view with that lewd emoticon. That just floored me. Where did that even from? I can totally see the legs because she definitely has nice legs but... never realized someone also paid real close attention to armpits lol. I guess everyone have their things. This blogger I read on Random Curiosity many years ago wrote a blog post on how beautiful Nagi's ankles were in Hayate no Gotoku xDD. Dorakero may also be a fan of Reimu then...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 21:42   Link #2702
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by PusheenTheCat View Post
You guys are hilarious! Well, to each his own. If armpits are your thing, you do you!

Anyhoo, to pivot from body parts for a sec, I know this is a LN thread, but I'm curious-- has everyone given up hope of a season 3? I went to Anime Expo over the weekend ... there were panels from A-1 Pictures and Aniplex ... and nope, nothing new. Has the sheen really come off already from our little Gakusen?

So very disappointing. Was hoping there'll be good anime news so there'll be more fanfare for Vol 12 release. Aaand instead, release is delayed. BAH!
I would love another season to see some of the other characters animated such as Ayato's father, Saya's dad, Helga and the queensvale students that fought with Saya amongst others but considering they changed some stuff and left out some pivotal characters at the end. It will be a little hard for them to continue it so I don't think that they will do it, not to mention the end credits were all drawings of the Gryps Arc. I also don't think that the anime translated well with regards to the characters because there thoughts and emotions in the LN are so deep and well explained that if you read the book and watched the anime you will know exactly what the character is thinking and feeling in that moment. So I didn't think the anime was bad but it felt like something was missing, like the emotional part or something and I wanted more of that.

The anime also cut out some scenes such as everyone went to Saya's house before going to Julis hometown and Ayato saw what happened to her father, which is he no longer has a body, and of course all the girls went and argued who was going to sleep with whom and there was some intruder action, eventually saya ended up in the room with Ayato (old habits die hard) and Ayato had trouble sleeping. You got to see more of the depth of their relationship he has with her and her family and they had a one on one conversation.
The anime cut this scene and changed part of it and put it elsewhere (which surprised me a little because it had a little fan service not that I'm a fan of fan service), But because a portion of the conversation she had with ayato in her bedroom was important to Saya's character and the main storyline they gave her a monologue on the rooftop of the castle instead.

They also changed a scene with kirin such as ayato doesn't pat her on the head he wipes her tears away. Ayato also never fought Julis in a training battle after learning about what happened to Haruka. She was discussing there strategy and he was just not mentally paying attention. They cut the scenes in half of the conversation Ayato had with Haruka as a child. Those are much longer in the LN and important because it explains why Ayato feels the way he does toward his sister.

And some of the biggest changes was mediath didn't find Haruka's glasses it was Saya, she stumbled upon the Eclipse arena through a series of events, found and stole/ took the glasses and gave them to Ayato. Also Mediath never called Ayato to tell him about Haruka, it was Helga/ the captain of the guard who told him about his sister being alive, and Mediath was at the hospital but more less to make sure the doctor didn't slip up/ to monitor the situation in regards to what Ayato found out. It was also Helga who took Ayato to the hospital and had him meet with the doctor and mediath was there. Helga also told him not to trust mediath, I really wanted to see her in the anime but was robbed. They could work around these things to make another season it's not impossible, but would have some explaining to do in the process.
Not to mention the bonding episode between Saya and Kirin at the pool never happend in the LN. But it's an anime, so for the most part they did a good job

Last edited by carmolita; 2017-07-07 at 11:10.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 08:43   Link #2703
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So many cutting and changing around of scenes. That's why I don't like watching anime adaptations. Seem series get ruined because of this.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
DragonOsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 19:23   Link #2704
tuckersister

I wonder if Haruka would approve of Julis to date Ayato.
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 07:18   Link #2705
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think she will. She doesn't strike me as a brocon.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
DragonOsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 18:16   Link #2706
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder if Haruka would approve of Julis to date Ayato.
Haruka just wants to protect Ayato from harm, not girls

All kidding aside she really just wants to protect Ayato, he means more to her than life itself. But she is not a brocon, she even implied when he was a kid that he will find someone he will want to protect, more than her. The way her character is written she will love anyone Ayato chooses as she would want nothing but happiness for him, I don't think she will have favorites. But she will probably hate anyone who causes him harm. Since Ayato has been telling her about his life while she was sleeping, I wouldn't be surprised if she knows who they are now that she's awake

It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out in volume 12 now that she's awake. She's been cocooned in her powers for so long I'm beginning to wonder if she still has them.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life