Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-07, 06:15   Link #1
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Thumbs up [SPORTSTALK] Football - Updated EPL/CL/MLS results

UEFA Champions League Quarter-finals football.

ARSENAL LOST TO CHELSEA 1-2 AT HOME
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
After the loss against Manchester United a week ago in the FA cup semis, I was 100% certain that the arrogant Arses will start crumbling in their matches; including in their remaining eight Premier League fixtures. LOL.

Hats off to Chelsea's Wayne Bridge; who scored the winning goal 3 minutes from full-time to seal a memorable victory over Arsenal at Highbury Stadium.

In the other Quarter-final match, Real Madrid surprisingly lost against Monaco Francais 3-1. Monaco will host Chelsea in the first leg of the semifinals on April 20.

Tell us what you think about these matches; for any hardcore football fans out there (I'm sure there is; Euros in particular? South Americans? etc.)

Last edited by Scrumhalf; 2004-04-09 at 18:37.
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 08:22   Link #2
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
UEFA Champions League Quarter-finals football.

ARSENAL LOST TO CHELSEA 1-2 AT HOME
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
After the loss against Manchester United a week ago in the FA cup semis, I was 100% certain that the arrogant Arses will start crumbling in their matches; including in their remaining eight Premier League fixtures. LOL.

Hats off to Chelsea's Wayne Bridge; who scored the winning goal 3 minutes from full-time to seal a memorable victory over Arsenal at Highbury Stadium.

In the other Quarter-final match, Real Madrid surprisingly lost against Monaco Francais 3-1. Monaco will host Chelsea in the first leg of the semifinals on April 20.

Tell us what you think about these matches; for any hardcore football fans out there (I'm sure there is; Euros in particular? South Americans? etc.)
Hey!!

I like Arsenal....Arse and All....heheh...
But yeah, I mean, over in Australia we don't really get the chance to follow things like that, unless we want to wake up at ridiculously stupid hours of the morning or night for a game...not worth it in my humble opinion....

If the hours were more decent, then YES, I believe I would be more of a hard core footy fan!
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 08:48   Link #3
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
WAHAHAHA first the FA cup now the Champs League up your a*se wenger!!!!

now all i am hoping to see is millwall defeating man u in the FA cup final.
krel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 09:14   Link #4
kamij0

2 cup trophy gone in 1 week, is that sweet or what .. too bad arsenal's players are mostly injured or suspended... heh way to go millwall !! kick the devil's butt
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 13:52   Link #5
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Im really suprised this forum hasnt had many replies, i would have though alot more people would have posted something cos i know foot ball is very famous i was expecting to be like a 3 page forum...
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:26   Link #6
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

This is an anime forum, not a soccer hooligan pub . The only football I follow is the world cup, the rest is straight up boring to me, just like any other team sport.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 18:36   Link #7
Drunken_Boxer
o.0

Send a message via MSN to Drunken_Boxer
I'm too depressed to even talk about the Arsenal loss. OVER CHELSEA?! it's as bad as Arsenal loosing to Man U!

oh and how bout the Monaco win over Real?

what was that day? Upset Day? cuz i know i was.
Drunken_Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 18:42   Link #8
Scrumhalf

Arsenal def. Liverpool 4-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Boxer
I'm too depressed to even talk about the Arsenal loss. OVER CHELSEA?! it's as bad as Arsenal loosing to Man U!

oh and how bout the Monaco win over Real?

what was that day? Upset Day? cuz i know i was.
Hahahaha.... you're telling me you follow Arsenal?!

Well now we know that Arsenal pretty much kept their season alive early in the EPL season because they only put one huge empathy in: Winning the FA cup, which totally afffected them after that 1-0 loss to Manchester United - then they go about losing to Chelski.

But there's something to cheer about Arsenal; they've bounced back beating Liverpool F.C. 4-2
Old 2004-04-09, 18:45   Link #9
Scrumhalf

Henry hat-trick gives Arsenal record
7:40 AM April 10

A Thierry Henry hat-trick put Arsenal firmly on course for the English Premier League title as the Gunners ended a torrid week with a 4-2 win over Liverpool at Highbury.

Arsenal now holds a seven-point lead over Chelsea with seven games remaining for both clubs.

Chelsea, who have 70 points, play Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Arsenal's victory broke an 83-year-old record with the club now unbeaten for 31 games within the same season.

Burnley, with 30, held the previous record for the number of games without defeat in the top flight in a single season - a record it set in 1920-21.

The next target for Arsenal is to beat the 34-match unbeaten top-flight run of Leeds United, spread over two seasons in the late 1960s.

Then they can try to overhaul Nottingham Forest's all-time top-flight record of 42, also spread over two seasons in the late 1970s, though that cannot be done this season since teams play only 38 games.

In other Premier League action, Everton took a huge step towards survival with a 3-1 win over Tottenham at Goodison Park in a match where the London side finished with 10 men.

David Unsworth, Gary Naysmith and Nigerian international Joseph Yobo all found the net in the first half to set David Moyes' team on their way.

Fight-back

After going out of the FA Cup and Champions League over the last seven days, Arsene Wenger's men found themselves 2-1 down at half-time with Sami Hyypia and Michael Owen on target for Liverpool and Henry replying for the home side.

But two goals within two minutes at the start of the second half, the first from Robert Pires and then a brilliant second from Henry, gave them the lead.

Henry passed a late fitness test on a back injury to make the starting line-up and grabbed his hat-trick in the 78th minute - his 25th league goal of the season.

Still reeling after defeats to Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final last Saturday and Chelsea in the last eight of the Champions League on Tuesday, Arsenal had the worst possible start when Steven Gerrard's goal bound header was glanced over the line by Hyypia after just five minutes.

But after 31 minutes Henry was put through by his compatriot Pires and stroked the ball left-footed past Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek.

The goal invigorated the Gunners and they looked to have gained the upper hand only for Steven Gerrard and Owen combined to put the visitors back in front three minutes before the break.

Owen got ahead of England team-mate Sol Campbell, latched on to Gerrard's slide-rule pass and slipped the ball between Jens Lehmann's legs for his fifth goal in the last four league games.

Arsenal came roaring out after the break and within two minutes Freddie Ljungberg's deft touch had put Pires through and the French midfielder had slotted home the equaliser.

Just over a minute later, Henry took matters into his own hands and came up with a wonder goal, weaving his way through the Liverpool defence and rolling the ball into the far corner of the net, to put Arsenal 3-2 ahead.

Arsenal then played like champions-elect and Henry grabbed his hat-trick in rather fortuitous circumstances - his shot came back off Dudek but bounced into the net off the Frenchman's body in the 78th minute.

Liverpool never gave up but remained fourth in the table occupying the last Champions League berth on 49 points, just one above Newcastle United.

The Gunners, who are heading for their 13th league title, are back in action again on Sunday at Newcastle, while Liverpool host Charlton Athletic on Monday.

Source: Reuters
Old 2004-04-09, 21:25   Link #10
Drunken_Boxer
o.0

Send a message via MSN to Drunken_Boxer
Quote:
Hahahaha.... you're telling me you follow Arsenal?!
having satellite i could follow any tean i want.

im mostly following the Man U. game since they show it when i have time to watch it.

as for Henry's hat trick against Liverpool, that man is just incredible.
Drunken_Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote