AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-11-11, 08:28   Link #41
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah I think Kudelia will be back in the game. She was riding the bench so to speak so far. But at least it showed she changed. Although she is suppose to be the Political One in the bench and yet she totally botched handling a malcontent who did help launch her career. Should have thrown Liberonis a bone. I assume she is going to take that niche since Naze mentioned Orga sucks at politics.

I seriously doubt Kudelia is staying on Earth. She probably will do something at the negotiations. Especially since Tekkadan is totally withdrawing from Earth. The Orga-McGillis alliance still seems to be going strong though which suggest McGillis didn't slaughter Tekkadan members. So be interesting to see who Mika and club are fighting.

Yeah Nobliss Gordon has popped up enough so you remember is his name. And he is from what we can tell the current "King of Mars" being the richest guy and having his hands in a lot of pies Although it could be prophetic in which case that be Orga since he could be well on his way to that. Especially if McGillis wins the Gjhallahorn Civil War. So its probably a double meaning. As I said Orga and Kudelia rulling Mars is a pretty likely ending for this series. Gordon is pretty old and doesn't seem to have a kid at this point. If he does though and its a daughter well I can totally see him using her to strength a connection to Tekkadan.

Yeah you think the alliance would be in trouble. I don't know maybe Vidar shows off. I assume against terrorist or pirates. Its not Tekkadan and Gjhallahorn still seems to be in the Proxy War stage. I think what Tekkadan digs up on Mars will break the façade.

I think its clear its about what Tekkadan digs up. Macky seemed well researched on Calamity War and if I had to guess and this superweapon is a big deal as I think it will be. I would bet that information on it is restricted heavily in Gjhallahorn. It might be so classified that only the Leaders of each House in the Seven Stars can read it. So Macky has to go to confirm in person it is what he thinks it is.

I don't think McGillis is likely to turn on Tekkadan until the end. Again Kudelia is suppose to be the politics person so I assume she will be handling it.
In terms of the Terra Lib group, Kudelia was right to reject them. With as famous a character as she is, it would be very dangerous to endorse something at random. If that group falls though or is shady, it would drag you down with it. And seeing as they called in a group to assassinate her out of spite, I'd have to say that she made the right decision even if it had to lead to using "aggressive negotiations".

As for the "King of Mars", it really depends on if they are being literal or symbolic. We need more context. I myself highly doubt it's talking about Nobliss.

McGillis does seem to be the foremost authority on the Calamity War that we've seen in the series thus far. I'll be interested if we get an indepth history of what happened.

I'm actually wondering what Rustal's next move is going to be seeing as his "destroy his reputation via war" plan fell through.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 09:31   Link #42
Irenesharda

Didn't want to double post, but I thought these should be posted separate. Found these pics around.

It's some interesting info regarding Hush and especially Galan from their gunpla boxes:

Spoiler for Galan Mossa:

Spoiler for Hush Middy:

But from the info, it seem that Hush is indeed going to continue to be back up for Mika and work under him, which will be interesting to see.

As for Galan, considering his backstory mentioned here, he's definitely not going to die in the next battle as I see them flushing out his character more. Are we in for an Ali type character who will be there for much longer than we thought? And if he is staying for longer, who will be the one to take him down, Aston or Takaki, because I'm pretty sure it will be one of those two.

EDIT:
From ep 32 preview pics:

Spoiler for one of these things is not like the others, one these things is not the same...:

Oh Hush, honey, it'll be okay. Isn't this what you always wanted?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2016-11-11 at 10:39.
Old 2016-11-11, 11:23   Link #43
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, the thing is, that Macky and Orga have been over that bridge three times now. Orga questioned Macky the very first time they met and Macky actually answered very shrewdly: "What benefits do I get from putting you in a trap?...Even if I played tricks, you'd see right through it. "

Macky has never underestimated Tekkadan, he's actually cheered them on more than once.

And he's always been a results-oriented guy. Its all about benefits vs liabilities. For Carta and Galieo the benefits outweighted the liabilities and it was necessary for him to reach his next step in his plan. Taking out Tekkadan has no benefit toward his plan, and he knows that Orga and Mika are extremely shrewd, having commented on Mika's instinct more than once. It would make absolutely no sense for him to try to play them. They're not niave and dumb like Carta and Gaelio.They would both be able to see through a trick if he tried it. He's not THAT good. And having seen what Tekkadan can do, I highly doubt that he wants to be on their bad side, if just for the inconveninence of it all.

So, I doubt that Macky could trick Orga as easy as you suggest. Both he and Mika are excellent jusdges in character and haven't been wrong once so far. (I'm thinking they barely met Radice if that.) If they are getting closer to Macky then its possible that he's done something to earn that trust.

It makes sense, since this season, McGillis seems to have shifted from OYW Char to Quattro "Char", and Gaelio took up the position of vengeful Char. So we'll have to see, I'm honestly thinking McGillis is going to continue to be a straight ally for this season.
I get that you want to believe in McGillis' honor and possibly better aspirations, but I can't just forget the man he was portrayed as and what he did in season 1. It's not just that he betrayed his friends, it's the way he did it. I just can't put it past a man like that to betray his allies over and over again, no matter who said allies are, when he thinks he has a good reason. Tekkadan is safe for as long their and McGillis' interests coincide and McGillis sees uses for a unique and apparently vastly underestimated by the rest of the world PMC such as Tekkadan, but the moment there is a rift in the interests is the moment McGillis can decide to ditch Tekkadan with zero hesitation. The thing is, GH is pretty much the police (and McGillis apparently wants for it to continue being such, at least in big part, only not corrupted), while Tekkadan has become part of mafia, as was eloquently demonstrated with Gyojan, so such a rift is bound to appear sooner or later. So the long-term question is, if Orga can make Tekkadan a strictly legal business by the time McGillis is done reforming GH. If not, Tekkadan is likely screwed.

Yes, both Mika and Orga are great judges of character, but there's quite a few buts to that. For example, with Mika, his instincts work only when facing people directly, they're useless against multilayered political intrigues. With Orga, as was stated many times, he's apparently not naturally gifted in politics (at least definitely not a genius, unlike in the military talent and leadership ability), so he has a lot to learn about maneuvering outside of battlefield before he can foresee big complicated political schemes and not only react to them when they're put into action against him but try preventive diplomacy to avoid taking damage from them at all.

All in all, with how season 1 portrayed McGillis, as a man who has nothing to lose and will use then cast away anyone despite striving for the greater good, I will be very surprised if he doesn't turn on Tekkadan one way or another before the show's over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah I think Kudelia will be back in the game. She was riding the bench so to speak so far. But at least it showed she changed. Although she is suppose to be the Political One in the bench and yet she totally botched handling a malcontent who did help launch her career. Should have thrown Liberonis a bone. I assume she is going to take that niche since Naze mentioned Orga sucks at politics.
Since that Gyojan guy proved rotten to the core, and stupid at that, trying to talk down to Kudelia in her own office and pressure her instead of asking for a favor, he got what he deserved, and Kudelia seems to have learned her lesson from the incident. I can't wait to see it bearing fruit and her in action, hopefully soon. And I, too, hope she's not staying on Earth. Macky alone should be enough to handle Earth's politics, and Mars needs their own political ace back in town, too.
Quote:
EDIT:
From ep 32 preview pics:

Spoiler for one of these things is not like the others, one these things is not the same...:

Oh Hush, honey, it'll be okay. Isn't this what you always wanted?
Thanks for these, they're hilarious, I literally rolf'ed at this pilot reaction comparison, especially between the coldly pissed off Mika ready to brutalize something and the downright despairing Hush
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 12:43   Link #44
Tenzen12

Tekkadan is strictly legal at the moment and has no ties with any illegal activities Teiwaz might be involved in. and fortunately there is no such thing as "rift in the interest".

What's more Tekkadan becoming very potent force that that can act outside Gjalahorn. As long as Mackey can provide enough benefits to Orga and co. He has great tool and he wouldn't dispose that without getting equal or greater benefit from doing so.
Old 2016-11-11, 14:09   Link #45
tdx

^Pretty sure that murdering people in their office is illegal, moreover punishable, and in the Earth sphere it is very much a crime, as Amida and Naze had pointed out before Tekkadan went to Dorts. I also doubt Gyojin's was a first time when Tekkadan did something like that. They're part of mafia and they live up to the fame.
Old 2016-11-11, 14:36   Link #46
Tenzen12

They did it with blessing of law itself, the Gjalahorn and it was not just some random corrupted faction either.

Teiwaz has two sides legal and shady, Tekkadan is legally under Teiwaz and there are no implication they did any illegal activities between season especially as they were pretty busy with Abrau and other PMC jobs. Tekkadan has to think about reputation and military advisor of one of blocks can hardly afford to be involved in piracy or smuggling.
Old 2016-11-11, 14:57   Link #47
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
They did it with blessing of law itself, the Gjalahorn and it was not just some random corrupted faction either.

Teiwaz has two sides legal and shady, Tekkadan is legally under Teiwaz and there are no implication they did any illegal activities between season especially as they were pretty busy with Abrau and other PMC jobs. Tekkadan has to think about reputation and military advisor of one of blocks can hardly afford to be involved in piracy or smuggling.
Yeah, no, the minute you take the law into your own hands, you become corrupted; you start thinking you're above the law and everything it stands for, breeding entitlement and greed. It's that kind of thinking that created the Gjallarhorn of today.
Old 2016-11-11, 16:58   Link #48
Tenzen12

Well that would be first time in franchise we have corrupted protagonists. But I don't think it's that simple as it make you look.
Old 2016-11-11, 17:12   Link #49
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Yeah, no, the minute you take the law into your own hands, you become corrupted; you start thinking you're above the law and everything it stands for, breeding entitlement and greed. It's that kind of thinking that created the Gjallarhorn of today.
Oh, like Celestial Being, the AEUG, the Three Ship Alliance/Terminal, the Gundam Pilots from Wing? They also took the "law" in their own hands. What Tekkadan is doing is no different what these people have done.

Last edited by FerrusManus; 2016-11-11 at 17:25.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 17:34   Link #50
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Celestial Being, the AEUG, and the Operation Meteor pilots were all terrorists, IIRC. Celestial Being in particular knew what they were doing was illegal and never considered themselves holding the moral high ground.
Old 2016-11-11, 17:43   Link #51
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Celestial Being, the AEUG, and the Operation Meteor pilots were all terrorists, IIRC. Celestial Being in particular knew what they were doing was illegal and never considered themselves holding the moral high ground.
Celestial Being and Operation Meteor maybe, but not the AEUG. Like Katharon they were freedom fighters who fought against a brutal system which enslaved and oppressed people. And terrorists don't care about civilian lives. But the AEUG, Katharon and Celestial Being did.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 17:52   Link #52
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The thing about being freedom fighters is that the government you're fighting against can still label you as terrorists and make the public see you as such. Katharon found that out the hard way.
Old 2016-11-11, 18:34   Link #53
Irenesharda

I think it really all depends on what's considered "legal" in this world. And not just the world as a whole, but the different sections of it. Mars and Jupiter are considered basically the "Wild West" of the system, and so "laws" are a bit more sketchy and hard to pin down. It's really all about context and the situation. Like in the wild west movies, both the hero and the villain shoot people, but it all depends on what their reasons are that assigns them to their plot defined roles.
In Mars, Gjallarhorn and maybe a few bureaucrats like Kudelia's father, are the only government and law seen. And this was a land that CGS was considered completely legitimate, despite hiring children, buying human debris, and preforming surgery, that according to Kudelia, had been formally banned. And yet they worked as a legitimate business in Mars and went back and forth to Earth.

I think Orga's goal is not so much to create a "legitimate" business, at least in terms of what WE and our society think of a "legal", but moreso to create a place where his kids don't have to put their lives on the line anymore. He wants to be able to no longer have to depend and define Tekkadan as a PMC. But that's just my theory.

In other matters, we learn that Galan was once a Gjallerhorn soldier and is basically best friends with Rustal. Both of them are pieces of crap, so I can see how they find a connection.

But they stop to mention that he was a great pilot and fighter, but suddenly two years prior to this, he just stopped being a soldier and left to become a mercenary.

I'm wondering why? And what will his interactions be with Julietta?

Also, will Galan die here and Julietta continue her path to becoming the female Ein 2.0, making the Tekkadan member that killed him, her personal enemy? Or will he live for longer and we actually get to see that relationship?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-12, 02:03   Link #54
Skye629

Quote:
I think it really all depends on what's considered "legal" in this world. And not just the world as a whole, but the different sections of it. Mars and Jupiter are considered basically the "Wild West" of the system, and so "laws" are a bit more sketchy and hard to pin down. It's really all about context and the situation. Like in the wild west movies, both the hero and the villain shoot people, but it all depends on what their reasons are that assigns them to their plot defined roles.
In Mars, Gjallarhorn and maybe a few bureaucrats like Kudelia's father, are the only government and law seen. And this was a land that CGS was considered completely legitimate, despite hiring children, buying human debris, and preforming surgery, that according to Kudelia, had been formally banned. And yet they worked as a legitimate business in Mars and went back and forth to Earth.

I think Orga's goal is not so much to create a "legitimate" business, at least in terms of what WE and our society think of a "legal", but moreso to create a place where his kids don't have to put their lives on the line anymore. He wants to be able to no longer have to depend and define Tekkadan as a PMC. But that's just my theory.

In other matters, we learn that Galan was once a Gjallerhorn soldier and is basically best friends with Rustal. Both of them are pieces of crap, so I can see how they find a connection.

But they stop to mention that he was a great pilot and fighter, but suddenly two years prior to this, he just stopped being a soldier and left to become a mercenary.

I'm wondering why?
And what will his interactions be with Julietta?

Also, will Galan die here and Julietta continue her path to becoming the female Ein 2.0, making the Tekkadan member that killed him, her personal enemy? Or will he live for longer and we actually get to see that relationship?
Probably just the cliche/realistic got tired of the job/sick of the following the government/had an ulterior motive/or decided being a merc was more suitable for him etc.

Given his nature, I say the latter, with maybe a mix of the others thrown in
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 02:16   Link #55
tdx

Orga's words from episode 1, "One day, I'll run only legitimate businesses. To do that, I'll take the shortest route. We couldn't stop if we wanted to. Can't be picky now."

He outright confirms that even in his vision Tekkadan as it is now is not legitimate, and sorry, but I'll take his word over any speculation.

Since Gjallarhorn is a global interstellar organization, I think the basic law has to be pretty much the same in every corner of space, that is major offenses like murder are likely considered crimes all over the space. The striking difference between Earth and the Outer sphere is in how much enforced and upheld said law is. Because of how deep-seated and extensive the corruption of the whole organizational structure of GH is, the practice of ignoring anything unlawful if it suits your needs has become the default mindset especially in those far-away regions where pretenses that the 7 stars are so fond of not as dominant and GH seems to be weaker as a force. Not caring about justice is the norm, so GH not just ignore but participate in law violations themselves and see nothing wrong with it.

That's the precise mindset McGillis wants to eradicate, I believe, and of course he has to start (and has started) with the 7 stars, because as they say the rot starts at the top. If he can change the position of the top leadership of the organization, those under will have to change as well or face the music.
Old 2016-11-12, 02:18   Link #56
Skaddix

I assume he got detached so he could do what Tekkadan does for McGillis having highly competent help that is not under the official command structure is useful. Plausible Denability and the ability to do bad stuff that doesn't blow back officially.

I should note Mika only killed the leader and beyond that it was legal insofar as McGillis and The Mars Branch signed off on Orga doing just that.

As for the Tekkadan Earth Branch. Well Teiwaz should have vetted their man better or at least Naze should have. But beyond that Taikai knows he is being played and just lacks the spine to do something about it. Beyond that though Orga probably should have sent someone like Ride down there as 2nd in command to Chad. You don't want your first in command and 2nd to be so soft personality wise. You need contrast ala Orga and Biscuit or Orga and Eugene.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 07:12   Link #57
Irenesharda

I think it's unfair to say that Takaki lacks a spine. That would suggest that he knows what's going on, that he's too scared and cowardly to do anything about it. But I think it's more of the fact that it's just his nature and personality in that he's not a confrontational person. There are many people like that. I myself am like that to a degree.
What he really has is a soft nature, and even a degree of naivety, which is causing him to be easily manipulated and pushed over. But Takaki has never been really confrontational. He's not really a fighter, so considering all that, he acted as I expected he would.

As for Galan, I can see him leaving to help Rustal. Though I think simply becoming a soldier under Rustal would have accomplished the same. I can see them trying to giving him more depth later, but they have another thing coming if they think I'm going forgive him if they decide to give him some sob story.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2016-11-12 at 09:29.
Old 2016-11-12, 08:13   Link #58
Skye629

Quote:
I think it's unfair to say that Takaki lacks a spine. That would suggest that he knows what's going on, but he's too scared and cowardly to do anything about it. I think it's more of the fact that it's just his nature and personality in that he's not a confrontational person. There are many people like that. I myself am like that to a degree.
What he really has is a soft nature, and even a degree of naivety, which is causing him to be easily manipulated and pushed over. But Takaki has never been really confrontational. He's not really a fighter, so considering all that, he acted as I expected he would.

As for Galan, I can see him leaving to help Rustal. Though I think simply becoming a soldier under Rustal would have accomplished the same. I can see them trying to giving him more depth later, but they have another thing coming if they think I'm going forgive him if they decide to give him some sob story.
Thats sorta what lacking a spine is......He may not fully know about it, but he knows something is up, but instead he just gives in and goes with it instead of questioning or trying to find out for himself

As for Galan, leaving the all the government/military chain of command have benefits as someone above mentioned, which is much more useful for Rustal. Not to mention if hes just a PMC/Merc Rustal also have the benefit of dropping him if things get nasty, while Galan also have the benefit of being able to do things he wasnt able to before
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 08:38   Link #59
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I'm not sure what he's supposed to do though. He knows something is off but he isn't aware that the problem lies in a traitor within the organization and one that has set up their plans so throughly. It's easy for us because we have full visibility of what is happening but "something is off" can be a number of hundreds of different possibilities and different ways to solve them.
Old 2016-11-12, 09:35   Link #60
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Thats sorta what lacking a spine is......He may not fully know about it, but he knows something is up, but instead he just gives in and goes with it instead of questioning or trying to find out for himself
Sorry, I was rushing in my writing, but I've edited it now. What I meant was that Takaki is not at all cowardly, he just has a soft personality, which isn't at all a bad thing. It suited him back when he was leader of the Tekkadan kids, and you have to have someone offset the hardened personalities of people like Akihiro and Mika. In fact, all of them treat him like their younger brother because they are so protective of him. And that probably led to him continuing to be rather soft and naive. He's probably as "sheltered" as one can be in Tekkadan.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu