AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 45 47.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 18:47   Link #81
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Great episode, I had monstrous expectations and expected this to get in the way of me enjoying it which never happened.

I was quite surprised that Rika knew about the Yamainu and that Irie and Takano knew that she knew. But since Irie ordered Takano to contact the Yamainu, this might be a hint pointing at the possibility of Takano twisting the orders for her own benefit and possibly killing Irie and Tomitake.

If the police is watching Teppei carefully and assuming this was the case in Tatarigoroshi-hen too, how come Keiichi managed to kill him in without being caught immediately?

Quote:
The Shion v Keiichi scene was brilliant! This is how you do drama, IMO
Quoted for truth.

As for Rika suddenly getting so depressed after being so hopeful, I say what's wrong with that? Has it never happened to you? I think she got so depressed exactly because she was so optimistic before disaster struck. As they say, the higher you go, the harder you fall.

Old 2007-08-26, 19:01   Link #82
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
If the police is watching Teppei carefully and assuming this was the case in Tatarigoroshi-hen too, how come Keiichi managed to kill him in without being caught immediately?
You don't really expect the police to follow Teppei 24 hours a day, do you?

Plus, the murder was committed in the forest, a place that Teppei wouldn't usually go.
Old 2007-08-26, 19:09   Link #83
Matrim

Quote:
You don't really expect the police to follow Teppei 24 hours a day, do you?
I usually wouldn't but if the Yamainu who as we know are professionals and can kill skillfully without hesitation are thinking the police would prevent them from killing Teppei maybe he is indeed followed 24 hours a day. Or maybe this indicates that Takano was lying when she said this was the reason why they won't help Rika.

Old 2007-08-26, 19:34   Link #84
MrZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
But that flies in the face of the current "YOU have the power to change destiny!" vibe that's going on.

Of course, this arc will undoubtedly have a bad ending since there's one more chapter to go -- but that doesn't mean that they can't get Satoko away from her uncle.

And that could very well happen in this arc -- they've spent so much time on "Rule X" in the past chapters; about each other main character going insane -- that perhaps now they'll focus more on who's killing Tomitake/Takano/Irie.
Yes it does fly in the face of it for one reason. That reason is that everything that could be done has been done in other worlds and the out come was still the same. Nothing happened. Nothing could get child services to take Satoko from out of her uncle's "care" and that drives someone, I guessing usually Keiichi to kill Teppei.

Almost makes you think that there's someone out there preventing child services from doing anything. Like what every character has said the abuse is obvious to anyone that's seen Satoko in this state.
Old 2007-08-26, 19:40   Link #85
Blick Winkel

Quote:
I usually wouldn't but if the Yamainu who as we know are professionals and can kill skillfully without hesitation
Maybe that's the problem. The last thing Tomitake gang want, is to risk the extra attention of police - especially after proffesionally "removed" Teppei.
In my opinion they would be able to do it, but this extra police attention is one bridge too far. They have probably strict orders to protect Rika, we can see Irie was hesitant to order them to take care of Teppei (and we know he is very fond of Satoko) yet this police attention is the borderline they won't cross.
Old 2007-08-26, 20:09   Link #86
Matrim

Yes, they wouldn't cross that borderline all right...if the police is watching Teppei constantly, that is. If not, I think it should be a piece of cake for the Yamainu to kill Teppei and make it look as if the yakuza did it.

Old 2007-08-26, 20:14   Link #87
BakaOnna

I've always been kinda lost of the Rule X, Y and Z thing. Am I correct to asume that...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-26, 20:27   Link #88
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
I've always been kinda lost of the Rule X, Y and Z thing. Am I correct to asume that...

Spoiler:
Actually, it's:

Rule X: Someone will be paronoid, suspecting everyone of hiding something (leading to murders)

Rule Y: There are some hidden, outside influence.

Rule Z: The Sonozaki seems to be center of the "curses," which feeds Rule X.

Last edited by Kang Seung Jae; 2007-08-27 at 01:11.
Old 2007-08-26, 20:51   Link #89
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Actually, it's:

Rule X: Someone will be paronoid, suspecting everyone of hiding something (leading to murders)

Rule Y: There are some hidden, outside influence

Rule Z: The Sonozaki seems to be center of the "curses," which feeds Rule X.
Oh... okay... So I was about half-ish correct... at least with Rule X. Most people talk about Rule X, especially in this arc. So what's the relation of the three?
Old 2007-08-26, 20:54   Link #90
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Oh... okay... So I was about half-ish correct... at least with Rule X. Most people talk about Rule X, especially in this arc. So what's the relation of the three?
How about reading the TIPS and the Pieces first?

Please attempt to find out for yourself before asking questions that can be answered by researching.
Old 2007-08-26, 21:38   Link #91
BakaOnna

Quote:
How about reading the TIPS and the Pieces first?

Please attempt to find out for yourself before asking questions that can be answered by researching.
I've actually read the TIPS and Wikipedia, so please don't go asuming that I haven't done my fair share of research. Granted, I read them quite a while ago, back when the first season ended, so things as such may have slipped my mind.
Old 2007-08-26, 21:52   Link #92
Matrim

You can read more about the rules in this blog entry.

Old 2007-08-26, 21:57   Link #93
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
I've actually read the TIPS and Wikipedia, so please don't go asuming that I haven't done my fair share of research. Granted, I read them quite a while ago, back when the first season ended, so things as such may have slipped my mind.
All right.

About the rules:

Rule X is what has constantly happened in Higurashi, with one character going "
mad" and killing someone. Most of the madness was feeded by Rule Z (Sonozaki family is behind the curses), as can be seen in Onikakushi-hen (Keiichi suspicious of the village people), Watanagashi-hen (Shion thinking her grandmother killed the Houjou family), etc.

As you can see, in the anime-version of Minagoroshi-hen, almost all of the bad things that happened in the other chapters (Keiichi killing mion and Rena, Shion going crazy, Rena killing Rina) has been avoided. Rika is currently focused on preventing Rule X from happening, not all that concerned with Rule Y yet. Given how most of the events that triggered Rule X has been avoided, RIka is desperate to keep X from happening, clouding her to Rule Y.

Dang, that blog above pretty much explains everything.

Last edited by Kang Seung Jae; 2007-08-27 at 01:11.
Old 2007-08-26, 22:17   Link #94
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Given how most of the events that triggered Rule X has been avoided, RIka is desperate to keep X from happening, clouding her to Rule Y.
Yakusamashi broke this (since Rule X never really happened in that chapter), but perhaps Rika hopes that managing to defeat Rule X before Watanagashi will undermine Rule Y somehow. I don't think she really has any other leads to prevent Rule Y... except maybe latching onto Tomitake the night of Watanagashi and never letting go, which would probably only result in her dying ahead of schedule. I expect she's already tried it in one world or another.
Old 2007-08-26, 22:30   Link #95
BakaOnna

Quote:
You can read more about the rules in this blog entry.
Thanks. That explained a lot. I'll be following that blog from now on, even though I read the latest entry for ep. 8.
Old 2007-08-27, 00:45   Link #96
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The anime failed because they didn't portrayed KOOL K in his brainstorming "how to kill Teppei".
First, Keiichi never goes and kills Teppei on a whim. After Satoko's breakdown, Keiichi couldn't hold anymore, but rather doing a murder, it is an assassination.

Keiichi didn't ask random advice, but surely wondered how to perform a perfect crime. As result, with the "no prologue" part, he understood that if Teppei dies under a specific condition that no one would care, it is safe.
And guess what? it is the Watanagashi festival, the fated day where "murders become accepted". Keiichi knew it, because of how he deduced from the "curse", which he didn't really believe. (this is even more proved as he was pleading for Mion to "make the curse targets teppei" )

Therefore, That explains how the Yamainu cannot kill teppei and how Keiichi could. Simply, the police is too busy to keep watch on the festival, and many holes can be found.
Remember that Takano said they can't move until the police mark is removed, and she said it is probably during the Festival.
Old 2007-08-27, 02:44   Link #97
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The anime failed because they didn't portrayed KOOL K in his brainstorming "how to kill Teppei".
First, Keiichi never goes and kills Teppei on a whim. After Satoko's breakdown, Keiichi couldn't hold anymore, but rather doing a murder, it is an assassination.
Ah, I see. It makes perfect sense, but I never thought about it that way, because, as you said, the anime never shows K1 plotting anything, he just goes ahead and does it.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2007-08-27, 06:14   Link #98
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Ah, I see. It makes perfect sense, but I never thought about it that way, because, as you said, the anime never shows K1 plotting anything, he just goes ahead and does it.

Thanks for the clarification.
heh, if only i wasn't that lazy
well, actually i found Sushi-Y's post of episode 11 from Season 1 which shows very well what REALLY happened.
Keiichi's monologue and Teppei's assassination

As you can see, Keiichi wasn't going "for satoko" out from the blue, nor he was sane. well, he was sane in some extent, but an anger much more explosive than shion's (damn... the anime looked like "oh ye... why not killin dat bastard then?" OTZ)

I completely forgot they also secrewed Keiichi's past, which was another reason why he is so dedicated to his friends in general. Keiichi is anywhere from the usual "cheesy shounen" because of this in fact.

*sigh* if only they could redo Tatarigoroshi-hen with the same angst and execution of Yakusamashi... (one of the best arc in term of climax becoming one of the worst... ironic at best...)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-27 at 07:06.
Old 2007-08-27, 09:02   Link #99
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

This episode turned me around. Literally. More than Takano's moeness, I was more surprised to see Blak Rika yelling around at the clinic. I will never forget that scene. It was... suberb. I was like "OMG GO Rika!"

Awesome epsiode, (and arc)... the next episode should be even more awesome, and I can't wait for it.

Man, this series is being HEAVY.

Spoiler:

As I said, heavy. O_o
Old 2007-08-27, 09:14   Link #100
Matrim

Quote:
Remember that Takano said they can't move until the police mark is removed, and she said it is probably during the Festival.
I actually thought of that but then again the sub says the Yamainu cannot move until after Watanagashi. Takano of all people should know the best time to kill someone would be during Watanagashi, right? Could it be that the Yamainu have other targets planned for Watanagashi? Like Tomitake?

And Tatarigoroshi-hen did seem like it was not that great of an adaptation even without me playing the game but it certainly left the impression that Keiichi did plan the murder well, so that's not what bothers me.

Closed Thread