AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 108 rating
Perfect 10 13 20.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 14.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 20.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-30, 08:45   Link #81
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@ haegar.

Most of these spoiler doesn't make sense does it?

But what interested me was the bit where it connections the yoki detection made by Gala + Taby in the first spoiler to the where in the second it says they also sensed Miria's confused state. This is the only part that made sense to me. The way they figured it out could be due to the strange pattern or erratic pattern of her yoki?

I also correlate that the rest of this sounds more nonsensical than the actual plot. But it is about time we get some decent spoilers. So all in all, maybe more details would get confirmed in a day or two
Old 2010-09-30, 10:04   Link #82
Egann

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
@ Newhope & Egann.

I think what Malak is saying is not going over the limit and reverting back, but actually getting 100% yoki release where in case of Claire limbs fully awaken and in case of Jean, her whole body had awakened. We all know there are claymores apart from Claire who can go past their limits (which is about 70%+ release) and revert back.

Going over the limit and actually awakening body parts where it transforms is totally different as far as we have come to see.

Therefore, I think what he meant is Miria can't achieve a fully awakened body but most definitely could go over her limits.
I can see what you mean now, but I still disagree. I see Irene's training as playing a key part in Clare awakening only her limbs against Rigardo, and I might PERHAPS agree if Clare had been able to pull herself back both of the times I listed on her own.

As is, however, I see no good reason to draw a distinction between Clare and the others. Clare has a very strong will-power...which is a bit of a two-edged sword. It allows her better control over herself when she's super-limit, but it also drives her beyond what she can actually handle on her own. She has her own personality, but really she's just like everyone else.

Really, what I don't get is that when you have people like Cynthia and Tabitha who specialize in resonating and sensing yoki with you, why didn't Miria try to train herself and the other fab 4 above the limit after Pieta? I get that she's uncomfortable, confused, and scared about the idea, but we've seen that you can consistently regain control (even if you're at or really close to 100%, like Jean was) if you have a partner there to pull you back.
Old 2010-09-30, 10:47   Link #83
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
Guys this maybe a bit of the spoiler that was missing!!! I just pulled it off from Baidu.
Nothing personal, but it's not particularly helpful to repost already human-translated JP spoilers via a machine-translated JP->CN version of the same... Even barely knowing CN, that was obviously the same thing posted by Ryus before. Whether the original spoilers were legit or not, playing "telephone game" with them doesn't produce any new information.
Old 2010-09-30, 10:52   Link #84
haegar
mangaviking

well since fortunately we have some people who checked on translations I don't see how this was NOT helpfull ...also it would seem that anarchy came up with a larger chunk of that spoiler than previously available? so rly ... we are all impatient, but it ain't his fault nothing else appeared yet
Old 2010-09-30, 10:56   Link #85
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
well since fortunately we have some people who checked on translations I don't see how this was NOT helpfull ...also it would seem that anarchy came up with a larger chunk of that spoiler than previously available? so rly ... we are all impatient, but it ain't his fault nothing else appeared yet
It's not helpful because it's the exact same thing mangled by multi-translation. There's no new content there (aside from what Tom Bombadil kindly added, but that was anyway just something tacked on to the original spoiler that Ryus found).
Old 2010-09-30, 11:43   Link #86
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

* looong sigh*

I didn't know it could be a transliteration
Anyways since we got nothing in two days, I suppose we should be getting a better spoiler or some raws soon.
Old 2010-09-30, 14:32   Link #87
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

@An4rchy99: Peace, man. It just seemed kind of obvious to me these were the same thing, but I suppose not so for you if you couldn't compare it directly with the Japanese version. I didn't mean to dump on your effort to find new stuff, it was just how badly mangled that translation ended up and the confusion that came from it that got on my nerves.
Old 2010-09-30, 19:50   Link #88
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Of course it's useful - it's entertaining.
Put the spoiler into http://www.translationparty.com/ (the ultimate translation tool), and pretty soon you get something cute, like:
Quote:
Please read my latest issue! Miles, because, because, because, in order to support the use of tobacco, "Captain!" Energy, love, magic face Kyaputenmiria Ratea orders, support, content support, ability to learn "#:.. bed and sleep ... - Every day, they are non -
How is that not useful?
Old 2010-09-30, 20:03   Link #89
Dark Mage

Man...another chapter without Raki, I know I m the only one who wants him back but whatever...

Anyways, really glad to know Miria might still be breathing air, but sad about Diet.
Old 2010-09-30, 20:25   Link #90
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Man...another chapter without Raki, I know I m the only one who wants him back but whatever...

Anyways, really glad to know Miria might still be breathing air, but sad about Diet.
So far as we know Dietrich's not dead yet. Let's hold our breath on this one. After all, we're not even sure Miria is in fact dead. I thought for sure she was, but the spoilers and a quick re-evaluation of the last chapter's ending has me rethinking that. Sure there was a lot of blood, but I'm only seeing her left hand fly off. So far as we can tell there's no head flying off anywhere. Interestingly, speaking of decapitation, I just watched a Mythbusters episode on decapitation by fan. Despite their best efforts (and industrial-strength fans), they found they could not decapitate their ballistics-gel dummies. They gave them the equivalent of mortal wounds however by slashing their necks though.

The one thing that Claymore could tone down is the blood. I'm pretty sure Miria wouldn't have any blood left in her body after just the first slash she got from the uninjured twin. But then again this is a Shounen-manga, and those are legendary for unrealistic levels of blood loss.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-09-30, 21:57   Link #91
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Soooo these spoilers that we have are in fact true? Also agreed @Revan, even though there was a lot of blood but I wouldn't be surprised if Miria didn't run out of blood!
Old 2010-09-30, 23:48   Link #92
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Soooo these spoilers that we have are in fact true?
I wouldn't go that far... but at this point in time it's our only spoiler. This spoiler seems to be lacking the "magic words" though that used to be the give away of real and fake spoilers (BTW no correct spoiler has had them for months on baidu, some of the correct ones on Japanese sites did though but we tend to find those after the Chinese ones)

Honestly I call this spoiler 50/50... it makes sense but we have no proof. That Dee vs Priscilla comment concerns me though... sounds odd but I've seen many spoilers sound odder but turn out right. Sometimes they where just mistranslated or the maker of the spoiler just didn't quite know all the details or mixed up a character name, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Also agreed @Revan, even though there was a lot of blood but I wouldn't be surprised if Miria didn't run out of blood!
Riful did hint that Renee could have died of blood loss... but unlike the other "off panel deaths" we don't have that little bit extra implying the death, just one very violent attack with only implied details. For Irene we had Irene's arm on Clare reacting to something, implying an artistic death... for Renee we have a long monologue by Riful where she's kinda implying she's hacked her to pieces... and for Riful we had tentacles going though her skull after she was too injured to heal any more. So Miria's death seems less certain but that last panel really is just a blood fountain with 4 warriors all doing vertical slashes on an already very injured warrior.

I really fear she is dead but I also see the logic that she could be alive. In short my gut reaction is she's dead but the logic parts of my brain are screaming this can't be the case... Time will tell if I'm in denial over her death or fooled by how Yagi did that lats page.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-10-01 at 00:43.
Old 2010-10-01, 01:36   Link #93
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Spoilers 108

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-10-01, 01:45   Link #94
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosmos View Post
Spoilers 108

Spoiler for spoiler:
You don't need the spoiler tag on the 108 thread

Next off...

...Just how did Raki get inside a crate and on a vessel? If this is true it implies that there's been a small time jump to allow time for Raki to get infected and get transported to org hq. Also just where did this vessel dock? Org hq is in the middle of a bloody desert!! Is it a flying ship or something or in a nearby port?

Also this makes me wonder why Audrey went back on her word and saved Miria. She said she'd take her on without hesitation after all.

Finally that gentlesword logic makes no sense to me since the blood spray was clearly coming from what was getting hacked and not the warriors doing the hacking.

Seems fake too me... but if true it really implies the mainland is about to get involved. That seems a bit rushed to me.

BTW Thanks for the spoiler post

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-10-01 at 01:56.
Old 2010-10-01, 02:11   Link #95
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

This feels like a spoiler for 2 or more chapters to me.
Too much plot development for one chapter. Btw, I do remember a gashed Audrey (or a warrior who looks like her) getting up, and saving Miria sounds too improbable at this point.

Unless this whole battle was more like an illusion to us readers and infact we haven't seen the real battle

ps. I felt most of this battle was psychedelic anyways... so this is wishful thinking on my part

Quote:
Really, what I don't get is that when you have people like Cynthia and Tabitha who specialize in resonating and sensing yoki with you, why didn't Miria try to train herself and the other fab 4 above the limit after Pieta? I get that she's uncomfortable, confused, and scared about the idea, but we've seen that you can consistently regain control (even if you're at or really close to 100%, like Jean was) if you have a partner there to pull you back.
@ Egann. I wish if it was this way, but no, due to being hunted down, they were forced to train without depending on yoki. You know at one point I myself thought why dont the ghost just keep on going over the limit, over and over again until they are always at the peak of yoki levels? They had a yoki manipulator. This might have greatly improved all the ghosts, including lil Yuma~chan (but this is just me ranting on something... )
Old 2010-10-01, 03:14   Link #96
haegar
mangaviking

on Audrey ...it would make totally NO SENSE if she deflected the swordstrikes completely so that there is no blood. The MIBS would see that and she would be done for. HOWEVER, interfering with her comrades blades so that they strike non-vital spots does sound possible for somebody who can turn Riful's tentacles back on herself

The question at hand is motivation. Why would she do it? I for one will have to re-read all Audrey Scenes for the time being to get a clearer picture - but anyways: it is clear that out of that enigmatic little duo, Audrey is the one who does the thinking. (obviously )She's capable of looking ahead. So maybe she began to wonder, Miria saved her and Rachel once already, being #3 she would have heard about other Claymore's being saved, she would also have heard the rumors about warriors surviving in the north. she might also have heard of galatea and miria being superior single digits who alledgedly were heroically killed in action in the past ...she's smart enough to see stuff ain't adding up.

However, she would be taking a tremendous risk - I find it highly doubtful she would try to save Miria in SUCH a situation, with the MIBS watchin in the numbers, a host of fellow clays + the twins nearby ... hmmm.... VERY BAD ODDS besides... she would know MIB like to conduct experiments ...her plan would only work knowing they are gonna leave her for dead...

as for the Raki bit, length wise I think this would fit the chapter, some 10 pages for Audrey Miria, some 5 for Gala Tabi and some 10 for showing some port the ORG most certainly MUST have to supply headquarters. "Ships that fly obver the desert?" WTF? OF COURSE they are in a desert. That doesn't mean that there is no nearest port which they use. and transporting raki by ship, in case he does get taken over by that thing ... makes perfect sense.

anyways...despite this I call fake, slashing Miria to bits to have her saved by gentle sword sounds too artificially constructed plot to me, I would hope Yagi can do better ...

sry for typos, still wakin up
Old 2010-10-01, 04:44   Link #97
Tom Bombadil

Another spoiler on Baidu. Translators needed.

ラボナに覚醒者と妖魔がなだれこんでることに惊くデネヴたち
ミアータやガラテアたちが応戦しておりデネブたちも助太刀しなんとか歼灭する
なぜこんなことになってるのか、ミリアはどうしたのかを闻くデネヴたち
ミリアが组织を溃しに行き、失败したことからこうなったと说明するガラテア
逆にクレアはどうしたか闻かれるが、クレアは死んでないと答え次号

A very brief sumary: Rabona is attacked by Yomas and awakened beings. Galatea and Miata fights them off with some help from Deneve.
The two parties exchange information about Maria and Clare.

If this spoiler is true (for some reason I feel it is more likely than the other fancier ones), it is going to be a slow chapter.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2010-10-01 at 04:56.
Old 2010-10-01, 04:53   Link #98
Weils

デネヴ(迪维?) 她们 对 ラボナ(圣都?)里有觉醒者和妖魔蜂拥而至感到惊讶的,ミアータ(米阿塔?) 和 ガラテア(嘉拉迪雅?)她们正在迎战,デネヴ(迪维?) 她们也加入战斗,好不容易消灭了觉醒者和妖魔。为什么会变成这样,米里雅怎么了?デネヴ(迪维 ?) 问。米里雅去击溃组织了,因为失败了所以变成这样,ガラテア(嘉拉迪雅?)这样说明,接着反问道克蕾雅怎么 样了?克蕾雅并没有死...一下期...

Taken from a later post on Baidu:
Chinese to English:
Deneve and the others are shocked to find Rabona being surrounded by yomas and ABs. Miata and Galatea are fighting back the monsters. Deneve and the others also join in the battle and they manage to beat destroy all of them. "Why did it become like this? Where is Miria?" Deneve asks. Galatea answers that things became like this because Miria went to bring down the Org and failed. Galatea then asks Deneve what happened to Clare. Clare is not dead,...to be continued.

Hmm, how did Deneve and the others rush back to Rabona? Thought they were far away?

The Usual Suspects
Old 2010-10-01, 04:58   Link #99
MalakTawus

The spoiler about Raki and Aud is obviously fake since the destroyer hasn't awaken yet and Raki is still with Prissy,unless there is a big gap in time in the middle of the chapter,and it's very unlikely.
Old 2010-10-01, 05:03   Link #100
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Well if this spoiler is true, it doesn't account for the remaining ghost, namely: Cynthia, Yuma. I specifically recall Cynthia saying she has a feeling she needs to watch CtD v Prissy battle to the end. What are the chances, Deneve and Helen would leave that scene? And what reason would make all of them go back? (there is no evidence to suggest Rabona was under attack before this.)

And what the heck is happening with the timeline?
There was supposed to be a clear difference when Miria attacked the org and Destroyer awakening.