Old 2021-05-31, 14:14   Link #101
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Tohru is angel in human form
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 14:16   Link #102
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In another world Akito would be charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and spend some time in prison or perhaps a psychiatric institution. I don't know how Japan handles someone as deranged as Akito.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 15:58   Link #103
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Wow, this was a very moving episode. I haven't cried this much in a long time.
Old 2021-05-31, 16:02   Link #104
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
In another world Akito would be charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and spend some time in prison or perhaps a psychiatric institution. I don't know how Japan handles someone as deranged as Akito.
But OTOH, Akito has a lot of money. I don't know how that influences things...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 16:14   Link #105
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But OTOH, Akito has a lot of money. I don't know how that influences things...
And is the head of a very prestigious and influential family in Japan, which is probably part of why the Sohma's have been able to get away with what they've been doing for so long.
Old 2021-05-31, 18:34   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved Tohru's thoughts regarding her mom and Kyo. Everything else was terrible. We're supposed to believe Akito has been acting like an abusive psychopath simply because she was lonely (even though she always had Kureno by her side), and she gets magically cured with a few words from Tohru. I can't think of a worse resolution. Oh and Tohru falling was hilariously unnecessary. You could see it coming from a mile away too. At least they're sparing us an anmesia plot.
Old 2021-05-31, 19:42   Link #107
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Also, the time she pushed Rin off from balcony. I think she can easily get life in prison with other on screen crimes.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 20:05   Link #108
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I loved Tohru's thoughts regarding her mom and Kyo. Everything else was terrible. We're supposed to believe Akito has been acting like an abusive psychopath simply because she was lonely (even though she always had Kureno by her side), and she gets magically cured with a few words from Tohru. I can't think of a worse resolution. Oh and Tohru falling was hilariously unnecessary. You could see it coming from a mile away too. At least they're sparing us an anmesia plot.
I mean, yeah? They've been establishing how much she clings to the curse to an unhealthy degree and her status as "god" because she doesn't think she'll have anyone by her side otherwise, and her own mother reinforced this idea in her head, and the Zodiac bond isn't that genuine a bond.

Kureno was there but he only made things worse because he stayed with her out of pity and furthered her obsession with making sure the rest of the Zodiac never left her.

Tohru was able to get through to Akito because she could understand and relate to her without the need for a Zodiac bond or looking at her from a distance.

(I think Shigure actually mentioned in an early episode how dangerous and unstable those cliffs were).
Old 2021-05-31, 20:46   Link #109
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Tooru really did it she finely got through to Akito

Why is Japans land so crumbly
Old 2021-05-31, 22:40   Link #110
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Tooru really did it she finely got through to Akito

Why is Japans land so crumbly
There's probably a problematic earthquake joke I could make here...
Old 2021-06-01, 00:25   Link #111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I mean, yeah? They've been establishing how much she clings to the curse to an unhealthy degree and her status as "god" because she doesn't think she'll have anyone by her side otherwise, and her own mother reinforced this idea in her head, and the Zodiac bond isn't that genuine a bond.

Kureno was there but he only made things worse because he stayed with her out of pity and furthered her obsession with making sure the rest of the Zodiac never left her.

Tohru was able to get through to Akito because she could understand and relate to her without the need for a Zodiac bond or looking at her from a distance.

(I think Shigure actually mentioned in an early episode how dangerous and unstable those cliffs were).
Of course they're unstable. They already crushed her tent. (You'd think that would have been enough to get it out of their system, though...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 00:58   Link #112
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Despite the recent episodes are my favorites out if this series. (Especially the Kyoko backstory)
Two things still bug me now as it bug me back then.
1. Kyo still owes a apology to Yuki.
2. Everyone is too forgiving towards Akito.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 11:27   Link #113
Wandering Soul

It was obvious that the whole Akito situation was going to be resolved by Tohru reaching out to her so all of this should be no surpise, though the execution may leave some things to be deserved for some. I guess now the real drama is to see how the other Sohma react to Akito's change.

Tohru's entire monologue about her love for Kyo was sweet.
Old 2021-06-01, 12:48   Link #114
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Despite the recent episodes are my favorites out if this series. (Especially the Kyoko backstory)
Two things still bug me now as it bug me back then.
1. Kyo still owes a apology to Yuki.
2. Everyone is too forgiving towards Akito.
The only people who have really forgiven Akito are Tohru and Kureno, and they're the "two idiots." Momiji was pretty cold and less willing to mince words, but was just considerate more than anything.
Old 2021-06-01, 12:53   Link #115
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
The only people who have really forgiven Akito are Tohru and Kureno, and they're the "two idiots." Momiji was pretty cold and less willing to mince words, but was just considerate more than anything.
Makes sense because everyone else will properly wants nothing to do with her after the curse is lifted I bet.
Old 2021-06-01, 17:55   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Makes sense because everyone else will properly wants nothing to do with her after the curse is lifted I bet.
Not Shigure.
Old 2021-06-01, 18:21   Link #117
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not Shigure.
Good for him .
Old 2021-06-02, 16:50   Link #118
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
The funny thing is Takaya basically pwns herself over her own developments in the episode with Momiji calling Akito's enablers "useful idiots", and Shigure's comments about the stabbing spree being cathartic. But I don't think that was intended. Furuba has often verged on unintentional self-parody but never more than here.

And that cliff thing - oof.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2021-06-02 at 17:20.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-02, 16:58   Link #119
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The funny thing is Takaya basically mocked her own developments in the episode with Momiji calling Akito's enablers "useful idiots", and Shigure's comments about the stabbing spree being cathartic. But I don't think that was intended. Furuba has often verged on unintentional self-parody but never more than here.

And that cliff thing - oof.
Well, I'd say Kureno was an enabler and that was his main issue but Tohru was actually trying to help her in a way she needed.
Old 2021-06-03, 00:59   Link #120
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Well, I'd say Kureno was an enabler and that was his main issue but Tohru was actually trying to help her in a way she needed.
And the only way she really can, as much as it sort of annoys me. As much as I feel Tohru's reaching out to Akito is likely to be her "get out of jail free card" (no pun intended) Tohru is just a teenage girl, not a trained psychologist or mental health health expert. Not to mention this is an anime, and I don't expect it it to go there either way sadly.

Tags
fruits basket