AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-15, 21:46   Link #21
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Activision?! Will wait for the GOTY Edition.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:49   Link #22
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Umm, Kenji, High Moon is the one making the game, Activision is just publishing it, or so I heard anyway.

@bakAnki: A she-Wade you say? You have peeked my rural interest^^.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:00   Link #23
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
The moment I herd Activision I was like "ugh...nvm."
Old 2012-07-15, 23:02   Link #24
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Aye, a true conflict indeed. Either forsake the game because of Activision's sketchy game past, or get the game because, well, deadpool.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:09   Link #25
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

usually non COD Activision game is good IMO

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 23:16   Link #26
Yorae_paladin1

damn it why did this have to be made by activision a company i now despise for closing radical down damn
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 23:23   Link #27
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Again, Made by High Moon, PUBLISHED by Activision.
Old 2012-07-16, 00:55   Link #28
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
the guys who made darkwatch i loved that game ill get deadpool when i get the cash
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 02:47   Link #29
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm just happy we finally get to see the interactions between Wade and his little yellow and white boxes animated. On the comics they're funny as hell, but in a game, I may just die laughing before I even pass level 1.
Old 2012-07-16, 07:44   Link #30
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Still reason to hate on Aticrap for being involved.
Not fond of them cause of what happens with COD but yes other games under them are pretty good, which is sadly lost on the general public since most all rant on about COD.

I kinda hope the rumor of M$ buying them over will come true, I think they would go along way to improving them.

As for this, there is conflict of interest but fortunately the Deadpool pros outweigh the cons of Acticrap being involved here
Old 2012-07-18, 01:26   Link #31
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wish we could just make up more animé-like memes to show our happiness about Wade getting his own game-v-.
Old 2012-08-01, 00:09   Link #32
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Gotta revive this thread somehow. Although no update has been made yet, looks like more of the animé world has welcomed Wade into the vg community.
Spoiler for TADAH!:
Old 2012-08-16, 08:44   Link #33
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Destructoid - Gamescom: Deadpool will make fun of you if you suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructoid
The thing about Deadpool is that he knows he's a comic book character. He regularly breaks the fourth wall, and it's the same case here as Deadpool and the voices in his head will constantly talk to the player during the adventure. He'll narrate tutorial prompts, make fun of boss introductions, and even turn around to the screen to make fun of players for doing badly. There was one amazing point where Deadpool sang along to a song while riding up an elevator.

Developer High Moon Studios looks like they're going to stay true to Deadpool's character. It's the actual gameplay where I'm worried. Basically it's a third-person action adventure game where you can seamlessly switch between a variety of guns and melee weapons like swords, sais, dual sledgehammers, and more. All the weapons are upgradable, and you earn upgrade points based on kills and combos. The better you do in battle, the more special attacks you can perform too, such as a breakdance move where Deadpool is swinging his swords around wildly.

The combat for the most part didn't have that sense of power you feel when kicking ass in games like Devil May Cry, or Bayonetta. Deadpool is killing everyone in style, but it just didn't give off that certain sense of strength that I think it's lacking. Granted, what we got to see was really early so lots can change. High Moon Studios have done an amazing job with the Transformers license so I'm not too worried about them pulling it off.
Story wise, Deadpool is hired to kill rich news reporter Chance White. It's a basic hit, but this event will see Deadpool sucked into a conflict that will see other Marvel characters make appearances, such as Psylocke and Lady Deathstrike.

The mission begins with Deadpool entering the sewers and inflating a giant bounce house. It's not explained at all why, and Deadpool quickly moves on after jumping on the bounce house a few times for pleasure. Um, okay? Deadpool double jumps, wall jumps, and climbs his way to the top of the sewers further into the area, and plants a C4 charge to enter Chance White's residence. The entire place is swarming with Chance's body guards, and you have to do the typical slow crawl towards Chance while taking out a bunch of minions.

Eventually, Deadpool finds Chance and slams him against a window. Here the player has to repeatedly press the A button on the Xbox 360 controller to punch Chance in the face, which causes the window to break and both characters fall out of the skyscraper building. Deadpool rides Chance, giving him a few more punches before the pair fall onto the bounce house that Deadpool set up earlier. It always comes together for Deadpool in the end.

High Moon Studios is on the right track, and I'm looking forward to seeing more for sure. The Deadpool charm is there, they just need to get the gameplay up to strength.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 15:26   Link #34
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I crave for gameplay vids-v-, even if it is clunky.
Old 2012-10-13, 17:14   Link #35
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, not really an update per sé, but it looks like our merc with a mouth decided to add some stuff to his site. One of which seems to be the addition of Domino to the game's roster, and the other, well, it's just him parading around the comic cons to promote his game. It's on IGN.
Old 2013-03-06, 18:06   Link #36
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wow, so long since the last update. I'll just leave this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72E-Uv8Tj-w
Old 2013-05-03, 00:07   Link #37
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So, apparantly... the trophy/achievement list was leaked.... obvious spoilers here...

http://exophase.com/game/deadpool-xbox/achievements/
Old 2013-05-15, 00:56   Link #38
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Sooo, we actually got gameplay footage now~

The gameplay looks rather basic for what it is... it also seems to be using a VERY simple version of Arkham Asylum's battle/counter mechanics.... but all in all, still looks like a game I'd buy and enjoy~
Old 2013-05-15, 07:25   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh god, the gameplay looks boring as hell -_- Hopefuly the story and stuff will be funny.

Definally just renting it.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:26   Link #40
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm probably gonna spend all game making pancakes. The world looked fucked up and apocalyptical enough.