AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 00:33   Link #3101
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Well, Ichika's probably an actual idiot. The story's in 1st person POV a lot of times and he acts completely confused. Contrast to Kinji who's blatantly ignoring it.

Ichika:

"Hm? Her skin's so red and she's breathing deeply whenever I get near her.....she must be sick!"

Kinji:

"Hm, I saw a list that said 'Kin-chan's future bride'.....welp, it's obviously pointless. I'm never going to get a wife!

See the difference. He knows what it is, but covers it up and says it's unimportant.
"You...don't tell me you would really ignore a girl when the girl says 'don't bother me'?"
"Yup."
Isn't that obvious? If the girl doesn't want others to bother her, isn't it better to ignore her?

Nuff said.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 00:43   Link #3102
Eratas123

You know, maybe he'd actually fall for the girls if they were less.......homicidal.
Old 2012-07-20, 00:45   Link #3103
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
You know, maybe he'd actually fall for the girls if they were less.......homicidal.
True enough. Bringing up the previous topic, their easy acceptance of violence and potential murder as a solution not only limits his ability to choose but his desire to do so as well.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:05   Link #3104
Eratas123

Amen to that:/ What boggles the mind is that he continuously acts like he doesn't get the crap beaten out of him on a regular basis. He has no problem commenting on Houki or Charlotte's cuteness right after they tried to murder him in the last part.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:48   Link #3105
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Amen to that:/ What boggles the mind is that he continuously acts like he doesn't get the crap beaten out of him on a regular basis. He has no problem commenting on Houki or Charlotte's cuteness right after they tried to murder him in the last part.
Ah, the weakness of 'nice-guy' heroes everywhere: they forgive too easily, and end up paying the price. ALWAYS (at some point anyways)
Old 2012-07-20, 01:54   Link #3106
Eratas123

Not always. Touma's pretty damn nice (Very nice, actually), but he's shown to be very competent and pro-active.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:56   Link #3107
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Not always. Touma's pretty damn nice (Very nice, actually), but he's shown to be very competent and pro-active.
I didn't say 'incompetent', I meant that being forgiving has its weaknesses, and that sandbagging the blows from the females in their lives has VERY LARGE weaknesses. Take Bardway's betrayal of Touma for instance...
Old 2012-07-20, 02:00   Link #3108
Eratas123

Did he ever really trust her? THe fact that she says "Leader of an evil orgnaization" doesn't strike as a person I'd trust my wallet with, let alone genuinely trust. It seemed more like "THe enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:02   Link #3109
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Did he ever really trust her? THe fact that she says "Leader of an evil orgnaization" doesn't strike as a person I'd trust my wallet with, let alone genuinely trust. It seemed more like "THe enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation.
He didn't have to trust her, just forgive/look past her generally displeasing personality long enough to place her in a position where she could backstab him. And he did seem kinda bummed out about it at the end of NT 3 and NT 4...
Old 2012-07-20, 02:06   Link #3110
Eratas123

He's bummed out when the bad guys end up getting hurt or betraying him, like always. He's the messiah archetype, so he tries to save everyone.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:07   Link #3111
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
He's bummed out when the bad guys end up getting hurt or betraying him, like always. He's the messiah archetype, so he tries to save everyone.
And that's fine. That's what's awesome about Touma, he can do that, and IT WORKS! All I'm saying is that he has placed a lot of the pain on himself because of it. I'm STILL wondering how he survived that fall in the Arctic...
Old 2012-07-20, 02:28   Link #3112
Eratas123

Imagine breaker keeps him alive so he'll have even more misfortune waiting for him down the road. Death's the "easy way out", or so people say.

Anyway, we're getting off topic, so we should go back to IS.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:30   Link #3113
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Imagine breaker keeps him alive so he'll have even more misfortune waiting for him down the road. Death's the "easy way out", or so people say.

Anyway, we're getting off topic, so we should go back to IS.
Good, then on that topic, I'd like ot mention that since Ichika DOESN'T have Imagine Breaker, he probably won't survive what the girls keep throwing at him.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:32   Link #3114
Eratas123

No, but he has Byaku-shiki. All IS have a last stand mode where they're placed under a shield and can't be hurt. Forgot what it was called.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:37   Link #3115
sky black swordman

Quote:
No, but he has Byaku-shiki. All IS have a last stand mode where they're placed under a shield and can't be hurt. Forgot what it was called.
Do you mean the [Absolute Barrier] or [Reiraku Byakuya]?
Old 2012-07-20, 02:38   Link #3116
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Huh? What's that? I don't remember that... Point me to volume?

Also, he has been in situations where he wasn't able to pull out Byakushiki while the girls were trying to murder him, Charl's big reveal/Laura's kiss beign a strong example. I think he actually came close to death a few times there.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:40   Link #3117
Eratas123

Absolute defense is the name. I think it works no matter if the ISD is activvated or not, since he still used it after he got owned by the Gospel.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:43   Link #3118
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Absolute defense is the name. I think it works no matter if the ISD is activvated or not, since he still used it after he got owned by the Gospel.
Absolute Defense/Barrier? You mean the shield? The one that runs out once you have 0 energy? Wouldn't he still die then when his energy reaches 0? And once again, would he still be able to activate Byakushiki in time?
Old 2012-07-20, 02:44   Link #3119
sky black swordman

Quote:
NO
Quote:
Ichika got the [Absolute Barrier] of his IS shattered, and he got burned hard as he was now covered with bandages all over.
It can be destroyed and [Reiraku Byakuya] can only nullify energy based weapon.
Once the power runs the [Absolute Barrier] stops working.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:51   Link #3120
Eratas123

Oh right, sorry. It's not unbreakable, but the shield is a last stand kind of thing.

Fine, here's another excuse: He's such a blockhead that punches don't even hurt him.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen