AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-21, 01:15   Link #40921
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lun already said it. Time is money, but money cannot buy time.

And as for the maintenance, all you need to do is inject the fuel, with occasional battery replacement when it broke, and software parameter adjustment and debug. Frankly, the only problem of using cyborg parts these days is moral and personal values, and the law prohibit them due to destructive potential than anything else.
Old 2013-03-21, 01:30   Link #40922
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*shrug* MGR cyborgs were made for war. Those who aren't lucky turn into one unwillingly, just wanting prosthesis but are still shunned by society. Even if you aren't military grade chances are you won't get a normal job and will be ostracized by society. Basically cyborgs there are made for conflict or are forced into it.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 01:47   Link #40923
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Even if you aren't military grade chances are you won't get a normal job and will be ostracized by society. Basically cyborgs there are made for conflict or are forced into it.
Exactly

Though there's always possibility of using high grade synthetic skin, 99% of normal people will just regrow their arms or legs than channeling robocop.
Old 2013-03-21, 01:48   Link #40924
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but even those cyborgs are outcasts. But that's in metal gear canon. How you handle your fanon will be different.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:11   Link #40925
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As I said, high grade prosthetic is outlawed... and damn expensive to buy. Anyone need such aren't common people.

And despite the supposed feature, it wasn't exactly like superhumanly gamebreaker MGS cyborg, more like Ghost in the Shell one.

Whereas low grade prosthetic rarely used anyway, due to aforementioned reason.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:20   Link #40926
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Cecilia lately in LN's feels a bit more likable no? After she starts taking her job somewhat seriously.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:24   Link #40927
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah

Wanted to bring that out ASAP in my fic as well
Old 2013-03-21, 03:27   Link #40928
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I bring this up because I'm contemplating on moving on from Chifu-chan... I introduced her to Gen-chan after all T_T
Old 2013-03-21, 15:54   Link #40929
DarkJak2050

[Sighs]

I don't know guys...

I just can't start writing my fic's 2nd storyarc. I know what I want to write, but I just simply can't write it. Even if I found the time to do it.

Feels like that I've lost my drive again...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 18:33   Link #40930
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Write something else. Or go back to your source material for a bit. That's about the best I can give you. You might just be bored with the current idea in your head.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:48   Link #40931
Eratas123

Hmm, nothing to do so far. Writing IS fanfiction honestly feels so straining what with the overzealous readers who call for the Mary Sue label a bit too much.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:52   Link #40932
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Indeed. I wrote an OC ability in to aru thread. I thought it was OP and nobody batted an eyelash O.o

In comparison, you just bring out a unit similar to IS and fans scream "OMFG HAX SUE!"
Old 2013-03-21, 19:16   Link #40933
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ jak
Indeed, what Demi said. If not work, try Stratos' approach by writing different parts of the story one by one, even at random order.

@ OC
Coupled with many, MANY author who DID commit the sin of creating Stu and/or Sue, either totally innocent or totally knew and run with it.

To be honest the line is quite thin, look at Stratos' Athena and jak's silverback, both are different, but mostly acceptable when it comes to power level.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-03-21 at 19:30.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 19:49   Link #40934
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^ Actually that's the biggest fear for a writer when creating a character (be fanfiction or not). Athena and Silverback are (in my opinion at least) acceptable inside the lines of OCs without getting into the feared Sue/Stu.

@Eratas

People like that exist everywere, not only on the IS section, and they're anoying as hell.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 20:02   Link #40935
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Athena CAN be stronger than I.S. in certain circumstances, at least, the older one. Silverback is built with intention of DEFEATING I.S. They have high concept that's against fandom's view, but the presentation is well enough that the readers can understand and accept.

And it's been critically accepted here, that one of THE earliest mainstream I.S.O.C., Kyuukai Tokiwa, is marty stu to the core. But again, presentation is handled much, much better than typical route. He's plot black hole, he's also a gamebreaker, but even then, readers cannot saw him as abomination like most marty stu is, they saw him as character despite. Ichika still there, important and kicking ass. Harem got longly deserved character development, and kicking ass.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:05   Link #40936
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Write something else. Or go back to your source material for a bit. That's about the best I can give you. You might just be bored with the current idea in your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Indeed, what Demi said. If not work, try Stratos' approach by writing different parts of the story one by one, even at random order.
It's not that I'm bored with what I'm writing. I know that this sounds confusing but, I have this feeling that I want to write it, but I just can't. And it's not out of boredom.

I could be something else outside of my fic that I feel is what's preventing me from writing it.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 20:13   Link #40937
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It could be stress actually

Try to relax, or hell, stop writing for a while, taking a note or two if you feel something is important and you might forget it. When you recover, you'll write a dozen paragraph of the fic before you knew.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:13   Link #40938
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

@Zero: Sent ch 13 corrected to u.

My solution is to just find entertainment which boosts your motivation (mine is watching dark anime/visual novels, just watched madoka movie 2 in my country and just increased my motivation for a bit)

@Jak: I know that feeling, especially when writing fics (my Fate/Madoka fic). Especially when my motivation is like fuel for writing fics, but it is like a roller coaster, it goes up and down without a constant flow.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 20:22   Link #40939
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

THANK YOU!

IMMA UPDATING IMMEDIATELY!
Old 2013-03-21, 20:27   Link #40940
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@Jak: how about listen to some music to relax? A song or even a game can be useful at the time to create an scenario.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest