Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-22, 19:31   Link #81
EclipseZeta
Solar Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
Think Jiyu understands what a burden for Ayunosuke (and his father) the lovely eye patch has been. Which may in part be the reason why she repeatedly refuses requests to wear it.
I disagree, Jiyu doesn't want to wear the eyepatch because she wants to be a normal girl, and wants to keep her identity as Jubei the girl, and not be turned into Yagyu Jubei
Old 2004-03-22, 19:57   Link #82
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I like the first season far more than this one... simply because what they have done to Shiro. I mean, in the first season, Shiro is supposed to be even more skilled than Yagyu Jubei, now he becomes a total idiot...

Also the jokes in this new season seem to be just... stupider than before. Also those poor Siberian Yagyu, especially that suposedly cool-looking Kita, just fade in comparison to Freesha.

However the swordfights are still as brilliant as ever. And Freesha is so cool, I simply love the episode which shows how she's raised by animals

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-03-23 at 00:21.
Old 2004-03-22, 22:27   Link #83
ACE2003

Well so far, I have no problems with this season. This one contains alot more of action and drama. The only complaint I do have is about Jubei-chan. She just annoys the heck out of me. The way she keeps rejecting the "Lovely Eyepatch" is crazy. I mean, how many people are you willing to watch get sliced up before it's time to put the patch on. IMO, she's being selfish about it and a real jerk to Ayounnoske. To be honest, I think the whole concept of the "Lovely Eyepatch" is stupid which makes this even more unbeliveable. A girl with big breasts?!!!? Maybe there's a hidden meaning to it that I don't understand. She tried giving it away and that didn't work, she tried everything except excepting the patch. Geez, you think she would learn from last season.....To me, this is the only thing I find unbearable about the show. Other than that, this season is a total improvement over the last.
Old 2004-03-23, 15:46   Link #84
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Thumbs up I like it but...

So far, I'm liking it better than the first. The Russian angle is pretty unique and Solar version is a joy to watch with the Cyrilic subs and notes.

However, I find in Jubei-chan 2 a puzzzling lack of bon-bonness compared with the first
or is it bon-bonhood... bon-bonhoodness... bon-bonnesshood ?_?
Old 2004-03-24, 01:41   Link #85
EclipseZeta
Solar Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
So far, I'm liking it better than the first. The Russian angle is pretty unique and Solar version is a joy to watch with the Cyrilic subs and notes.

However, I find in Jubei-chan 2 a puzzzling lack of bon-bonness compared with the first
or is it bon-bonhood... bon-bonhoodness... bon-bonnesshood ?_?
I think "lack of bon-bons" is the correct way to say it. ^_^
Old 2004-03-24, 06:39   Link #86
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
Spoiler:

It's about freaking time someone did that.
Old 2004-03-27, 09:58   Link #87
dreamless

watched episode 12,
Spoiler:

Oh, and Freesha-Jubei-chan is absolutely HOT!

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-03-27 at 10:09.
Old 2004-03-29, 17:54   Link #88
EclipseZeta
Solar Translator

Since it's not listed in the "How many episodes is there?" thread, I'll let you guys know here that Jubei-chan 2 is 13 episodes. ^^
Old 2004-03-30, 02:10   Link #89
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I've seen up to episode 8 and waiting for the rest to come out. I just feel that the series would be that much more exciting when watching it all the way to the end in one sitting. Well, I should be happy somewhat that I only have to wait for three more episodes to come out. Another part of me wishes the show could be longer though.
Old 2004-03-31, 14:06   Link #90
Balbados

As much as I'm eagerly waiting for the last 3 episodes, I rewatched the 1st season of Jubei-Chan. Is it just me or does the design for Jiyu in the first season seems to be better looking and cuter than the 2nd one?
Old 2004-03-31, 15:50   Link #91
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Its not just you. Upon closer inspection, I think so too. But on the flip side, other characters look better in Jubei Chan 2. I think Yagyu Jubei looks better and foxier.
Old 2004-03-31, 20:39   Link #92
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
watched episode 12,
Spoiler:

Oh, and Freesha-Jubei-chan is absolutely HOT!
Spoiler for Ending of episode 12:
Old 2004-04-01, 22:30   Link #93
Balbados

Just watched Eps. 11. Kind of touchy, but I love it For once I'm able to actually admire Sai's decision.

The last minute's battle is awesome too I can't wait to watch eps. 12, as some of you already watched it.
Old 2004-04-02, 02:21   Link #94
dreamless

Spoiler for episode 13:
Old 2004-04-02, 13:04   Link #95
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I'm getting tempted to look at all the spoilers. Gotta control myself. Anyway, two more episodes to go.
Old 2004-04-02, 14:53   Link #96
Balbados

I already seen some of the screenies for eps 13 from other sites. I just have to wait. Don't wanna get too overhype over it :P
Old 2004-04-02, 23:15   Link #97
dreamless

however this time episode 13 doesn't feel like it has a sense of closure to me... I hope there will be a season 3 or some OVA coming...
Old 2004-04-03, 02:02   Link #98
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I've only seen episode 9 but
Spoiler:

Edit:
Spoiler:

Episode 9 - 12 is an emotional roller coaster. It never came close to being like this in the prequel. Wow.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-04-03 at 03:30.
Old 2004-04-03, 16:24   Link #99
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
yay everyone's getting back into jubei chan! anyways, does anyone know the name of the song in the last two episodes released? they are played in the middle during some tense emotional scenes. does anyone have the name and or lyrics? ^_^ much appreciated in advanced
Old 2004-04-03, 16:27   Link #100
Balbados

Just watched Eps. 12. Hands down, the best battle scene ever created in all animes, not even dragon ball (which kind of similar battle style) comes close to this. And yea, I watched it like many times and still not get bored with it

Can't wait to get to 13 now
Closed Thread

Tags
action, drama