Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 10:25   Link #5701
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Pittsburgh dodged a bullet there. One wonders if they had been playin anyone but Kansas if they'd have pulled that one out. If Big Ben misses more games, could be fatal.

As for Cutler and Vick - it's expected those two would get hurt at some point. Chicago didn't get any OLs in the draft so even if Cutler had more to throw to, it has never solved the issue of being hit. This was inevitable. As for Philly...every facet of their game is lacking, so no surprise...Peters missing the whole season didnt help either.
And SF's O-line has always been rather leaky when it comes to protecting the QB. (Though the flip side of that is that they're incredibly good at opening running lanes for the RB.)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 23:20   Link #5702
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Big Ben apparently has a very rare case of a broken rib. So rare the last time it's been seen in sport was in 1998 on a rugby player...

Big Ben has effectively been told he indefinitely can't play. The partially dislocated rib is in a position to puncture his heart and lungs - aka kill him.....So Pittsburgh won't have him for a fair while, perhaps the rest of the season. Effectively kills their chances of winning AFC North. And ironically their next game is against Baltimore. The heartening thing is from posts I saw on NFL.com and Facebook, Baltimore fans were generally sympathetic and regretful Big Ben wouldn't be playing this coming weekend. The rivalry may be big, but there's definitely a lot of respect there overall.

On other news, who thinks heads will roll at the Jets in the off-season? They've effectively said Tebow is too terrible to even consider starting. Yet Sanchez is just not doing it at all. Get the feeling a major culling is inevitable for that team - from AFC championship game to basket cases in 2 years is rather sad.
Old 2012-11-15, 01:09   Link #5703
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Big Ben apparently has a very rare case of a broken rib. So rare the last time it's been seen in sport was in 1998 on a rugby player...

Big Ben has effectively been told he indefinitely can't play. The partially dislocated rib is in a position to puncture his heart and lungs - aka kill him.....So Pittsburgh won't have him for a fair while, perhaps the rest of the season. Effectively kills their chances of winning AFC North. And ironically their next game is against Baltimore. The heartening thing is from posts I saw on NFL.com and Facebook, Baltimore fans were generally sympathetic and regretful Big Ben wouldn't be playing this coming weekend. The rivalry may be big, but there's definitely a lot of respect there overall.
I'm sorry to hear about, I hope he manages to make a full recovery in due time.

Quote:
On other news, who thinks heads will roll at the Jets in the off-season? They've effectively said Tebow is too terrible to even consider starting. Yet Sanchez is just not doing it at all. Get the feeling a major culling is inevitable for that team - from AFC championship game to basket cases in 2 years is rather sad.
I've been saying since The Jets signed Tim Tebow that they're reincarnation of the 2003 San Francisco 49ers. (So obviously heads are going to roll, I'm betting that Tebow will end up in SF via a trade, with the Jets getting Scott Tolzien in exchange)
Old 2012-11-15, 08:41   Link #5704
GDB

I don't see why SF would trade for Tebow. They already have Kapernick for wildcat plays, and an array of running backs. Tebow will either stick around in NY (his jerseys = money), or be traded to a struggling team like the Jaguars (again, for money to supplement low ticket sales).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 11:22   Link #5705
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't see why SF would trade for Tebow. They already have Kapernick for wildcat plays, and an array of running backs. Tebow will either stick around in NY (his jerseys = money), or be traded to a struggling team like the Jaguars (again, for money to supplement low ticket sales).
The Niners front office wasn't exactly completely rational with the way they picked up free agents and drafted in the off-season.
Old 2012-11-15, 18:42   Link #5706
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh missed practice Thursday because of a "minor procedure" performed to correct an irregular heartbeat, according to a team-issued statement.
Old 2012-11-15, 23:14   Link #5707
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Week 10 sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post

IND @ JAX: Indianapolis (Yeah, this is looking interesting…)
For Andrew Luck that is.

Quote:
NYG @ CIN: Cincinnati (Because Trap game)
Wow, that was unexpected. I just made that pick to middle finger The Giants.

Quote:
TEN @ MIA: Tossup (Yeah, Tomato!)
YAY! (Whoever won this game)

Quote:
DET @ MIN: Minnesota (A beginning of a turnaround for Minnesota)
That was surprising…

Quote:
BUF @ NE: Buffalo (Crazy pick)
Toronto really is hopeless…

Quote:
ATL @ NO: Atlanta (Drew Brees may be a video game, but Atlanta has SPAACCCEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!)
And the Tactical QB system known as B.R.E.E.S. shot down all the Alien Space Bats.

Quote:
SD @ TB: Tampa Bay (I don't care about The Chargers, unless they're moving to Los Angeles)
Haha, The Chargers looked stupid.

Quote:
DEN @ CAR: Denver (As much it disappoints me to say)
Yeah, The AFC is getting boring as fuck, between Peyton, The Colts and The Patriots doing blandly good again.

Quote:
OAK @ BAL: Tossup (Basically it all comes down the contest between Ray Rice and Carson Palmer in a match between Best of the Worst and Worst of the Best)
The Raiders D makes me want to faceplam my hed thro teh foo' soooooo BAAAAAAAAA! (Damn, just thinking about the game cost me 20 IQ Points)

Quote:
NYJ @ SEA: Seattle (And The Jets resume right where they left off in their emulation of the 2003 San Francisco 49ers)
Yeah, this is degenerating into downright parody now…

Quote:
DAL @ PHI: Philadelphia (Because the pain needs to be more drawn out)
And this is just is becoming pathetic…

Quote:
STL @ SF: San Francisco (You know, it's been an entire month since The Niners have played a game on Sunday)
WHAT THE FUCK!?

Quote:
HOU @ CHI: Tossup (This is going to be an epic fight)
And it was, with The Moo Cows on the maul.

Quote:
KC @ PIT: Pittsburgh (Yeah, this is a bad matchup)
And for the second time in two years KC nearly trolls the Steelers, but comes up short.

Okay, week 11:

MIA @ BUF: Buffalo (Because they're leading)

ARI @ ATL: Arizona (Crazy pick)

CLE @ DAL: Dallas (Nothing to see here)

GB @ DET : Green Bay (Move along everybody)

CIN @ KC: Cincinnati (Bungles buildin' up some momentum)

PHI @ WSH: Washington (At some point, all things must come to an end)

TB @ CAR: Tossup (Does Tampa Bay really want that playoff spot?)

JAX @ HOU: Houston (This will be painful)

NYJ @ STL: St. Louis (Yeah)

NO @ OAK: Tossup (These teams are practically twins of each other)

SD @ DEN: Denver (So we can get that long delayed circular firing squad going)

IND @ NE: Tossup (Oh boy, yet another overhyped match between the fucking Colt and the Patriots, I'm gonna go puke in the corner)

BAL @ PIT: Baltimore (No Big Ben, No Sale)

CHI @ SF: San Francisco (Truly, a clash of the titans)
Old 2012-11-17, 21:39   Link #5708
sky black swordman

I am a bit disappointed that USC lost. One thing I do know is that Lane kiffin can kiss his job goodbye.
Old 2012-11-17, 23:00   Link #5709
Yye1
Wide Right

Kansas State is getting destroyed, wow..., btw go Oregon!!

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 23:45   Link #5710
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

WHY! WHY WHY!

Once, just once, I would have liked to see a non SEC match-up in the National Championship and for a week or so I had hope. But nope, KSU and Oregon had to go fuck it up.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 08:12   Link #5711
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You can bet whichever network is broadcasting the championship game will be a lot happier if it is Alabama and Notre Dame rather than K-State and Oregon!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 15:47   Link #5712
kyp275
Meh

Wow.... right now Crosby can't kick a 2 yard field goal to save his life.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 20:35   Link #5713
GDB

Are you serious, Baltimore? You just let some old, backup QB run for a 31 yard TD when he didn't even have a running back to provide a fake. This is abysmal.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 20:36   Link #5714
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

I swear, The Raiders figure out new ways to blow games each week.
Old 2012-11-18, 20:53   Link #5715
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Why is it when all results this weekend went the way I expected save one, that one of the ones that did utterly suckerpunches me...

Matt Ryan...FIVE interceptions...FIVE...yet Atlanta still win...are you freaking kidding me...

And yikes, Brady put Luck to the sword and then some...
Old 2012-11-18, 21:11   Link #5716
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Why is it when all results this weekend went the way I expected save one, that one of the ones that did utterly suckerpunches me...

Matt Ryan...FIVE interceptions...FIVE...yet Atlanta still win...are you freaking kidding me...
Obviously the Alien Space Bats love Matt Ryan as much as they hate Adolf Hitler.
Old 2012-11-18, 22:11   Link #5717
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oh the irony...

Romo throws 5 INTs vs Chicago. Result - Dallas get punded and Romo becomes a media laughing stock again.

Ryan throws 5 INTs vs Arizona. Result - Atlanta still win, result is marked as a great comeback win and a mere offday for Ryan.

Seriously, he did near the same vs Oakland and again Atlanta somehow won...

Oh well, there's always the playoffs to reveal Atlanta's true colours, as always. And hopefully some treatment from Dameshek.

On a better note...what a game between Houston and Jacksonville...what seemed the most lopsided match of the weekend turned out to be a contender for match of the year. Jacksonville surely have to consider making Henne starting after him and Blackmon went berserk. Schaub going for T-2nd in NFL history yardage for Houston is darn impressive too as well as Andre Johnson's yardage and game winner. Also impressive it took 2 series of scores in overtime to split this one.

And on the flipside, the expected slugfest between Baltimore and Pittsburgh was just that. Baltimore get the points - but one could hardly call that impressive. Unless you're a defense junkie.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-11-18 at 23:40.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 04:29   Link #5718
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
And on the flipside, the expected slugfest between Baltimore and Pittsburgh was just that. Baltimore get the points - but one could hardly call that impressive. Unless you're a defense junkie.
They got the job done -- in Pittsburgh -- and that's all that matters. Of course, the numbers in this game didn't help my fantasy team. But whatever.

A win is a win.

With all the offensive flares nowadays - it's easy to forget about a defensive game. And this was just that.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 04:54   Link #5719
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
They got the job done -- in Pittsburgh -- and that's all that matters. Of course, the numbers in this game didn't help my fantasy team. But whatever.

A win is a win.

With all the offensive flares nowadays - it's easy to forget about a defensive game. And this was just that.
In that sense, for sure. In similar ways to that Houston win in Chicago last week.

Big injury to the Patriots in that blowout win. The Gronk has a broken arm and will miss at least one month.

The humiliation of the round is surely Philadelphia being pummeled by Washington...amount of big plays RG3 was able to make either way down the field or on the wildcat was a bit outrageous. Not to mention the amount of blown coverages or OL leaks, etc. It's painful to watch - I don't know if it's Reid's son dying or egos or what but Philadelphia are reaching a Jets level of insanity. The irony is ever since Castillo was cut, Philadelphia are leaking 10 more points a game on defense...So much for them making him out to be the fall guy.
Old 2012-11-19, 07:06   Link #5720
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I swear, The Raiders figure out new ways to blow games each week.
No kidding.

Quote:

Big injury to the Patriots in that blowout win. The Gronk has a broken arm and will miss at least one month.

The humiliation of the round is surely Philadelphia being pummeled by Washington...amount of big plays RG3 was able to make either way down the field or on the wildcat was a bit outrageous. Not to mention the amount of blown coverages or OL leaks, etc. It's painful to watch - I don't know if it's Reid's son dying or egos or what but Philadelphia are reaching a Jets level of insanity. The irony is ever since Castillo was cut, Philadelphia are leaking 10 more points a game on defense...So much for them making him out to be the fall guy.
As long as he is back it time for the playoffs, it should be alright.
IMO Philadelphia should start evaluating players for next year. Who needs stay, who has to go, and who to cut rather then give them more money.

Tags
american football, sports