Old 2016-10-13, 10:46   Link #2081
alex_drian

Cringeworthy
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 13:08   Link #2082
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
Seems with 480 they are starting a new arc, which I don't see the point too as they could have just. Ended the whole anime with the last two chapters in one single eppy.
money money money
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 15:09   Link #2083
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

And once again, the anime made more justice than the manga?! I mean, even Sasuke's redemption (with him going to prison if he didn't care it was for the rest of his life) was more elaborated and Gaara and other characters came to congratulate Naruto.
Old 2016-10-13, 21:54   Link #2084
sayde

480 was pretty good at providing closure. Still couldn't help but cringe at the Sasuke-Sakura scenes though. No matter how many years I've had to get over it at this point, seeing these two interact will probably always make my stomach turn.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 23:39   Link #2085
cyberdemon

anyone notice that in the crowd They were trying to keep out of the village that the 3 fangirls of Naruto's from The Last were in it? lol
Old 2016-10-14, 05:37   Link #2086
MagusFyre

So is there any thing more that connects this episode to the Boruto movie?

Or are they going to start a whole new arc for Boruto?
MagusFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 06:57   Link #2087
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I thought that the final battle was alright. It was a lot better in the manga. Was far too soulless with some downright shitty animation. When the two were weakly trying to beat each other up and were basically rolling on the ground instead, I thought that it could have been done way better. I only knew what they were going for because i'd already read the manga for that scene lol. Also, sasuke watching the flashback of naruto's life, God that was done awfully. If they wanted to extend stuff and put real effort into it, this is where it should have happened. Unfortunately, it didn't... was utterly disappointing. They made a mockery of Kishi's work. It isn't that bad persay but definitely not at the level of quality and effort that those episodes deserve.

The ideology was alright during the battle, but I think they made a mistake by adding more. That final fight sequence in the manga was absolutely perfect and I think that it was done much better there than here. That being said, on the other hand, episode 479 was quite good. The anime staff are better with the scenes that they add in imo. I don't remember that iruka scene being in the manga, nor the naruto stuff after that. I thought those were really enjoyable additions. I'm curious what they'll be doing with next ep. If they add more filler to it in addition to adapting from the manga, would be nice to see some extra scenes next ep, maybe an allusion to the movie. Am looking forward to that I guess. Regardless of the awful fight, I can once again confirm that I thought 479 was actually pretty good...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 22:01   Link #2088
Maxtro

And finally this series is over. I've watched everything but the fillers and it's been a wild ride. The fillers really hurt the series but in the end I'm glad I stuck with it.

BTW if anybody has not seen the The Last: Naruto the Movie go see it now. It's pretty much the perfect conclusion to the anime. It also finishes up a couple of loose ends the anime left open. It is cannon as well.

No ramen.

No life.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 03:20   Link #2089
ranchan13

Nearly 20 years, and it's finally over.
God, I still can't believe I was 15 when chapter one was released
Can't believe I held out and kept with this series for so long either.

At least I have My Hero Academy to replace it
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 13:32   Link #2090
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
And finally this series is over. I've watched everything but the fillers and it's been a wild ride. The fillers really hurt the series but in the end I'm glad I stuck with it.

BTW if anybody has not seen the The Last: Naruto the Movie go see it now. It's pretty much the perfect conclusion to the anime. It also finishes up a couple of loose ends the anime left open. It is cannon as well.

No ramen.

No life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Nearly 20 years, and it's finally over.
God, I still can't believe I was 15 when chapter one was released
Can't believe I held out and kept with this series for so long either.

At least I have My Hero Academy to replace it
You guys know that will come a new filler arc about the young Naruto, right?
Old 2016-10-17, 15:42   Link #2091
NBG

Is it filler from now on or. . .
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 19:25   Link #2092
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
Is it filler from now on or. . .
some of the episodes are based on the novels by the looks of it. I wonder if they will pull a dragon ball and make The Last into a arc of episodes.
Old 2016-10-17, 22:05   Link #2093
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
some of the episodes are based on the novels by the looks of it. I wonder if they will pull a dragon ball and make The Last into a arc of episodes.
For god sake, it would be terrible
Old 2016-10-21, 15:16   Link #2094
Tetsu Aero

Judging by that they will start animating the novels, i'm guessing they will do all of the remaining novels after Shikamaru and Sasuke's.

There's in total 6 left after those two.
*Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Icy Sky
*Sakura Hiden: Thoughts of Love, Riding Upon a Spring Breeze
*Konoha Hiden: The Perfect Day for a Wedding
*Gaara Hiden: A Sandstorm Mirage
*Akatsuki Hiden: Evil Flowers in Full Bloom
*Konoha Shinden: Steam Ninja Scrolls

Inbetween or after i'm guessing they will add any manga omake that was left.
And then just maybe they will rebrand the series with the Boruto title.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 16:25   Link #2095
kitten320

I honestly won't be surprised if they go into filler spree like with last seasons. It really won't hurt for them to give some proper set up between some couples that Kishi put together.
Old 2016-10-27, 07:55   Link #2096
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm hoping the anime staff will adapt The Last: Naruto the Movie but considering the episodes they have more time to
Spoiler for movie spoilers from The Last:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 17:42   Link #2097
kitten320

Omg, what's with all these still frames?! They might as well finally end the show instead of doing such horrid animation. Can you even call it animation?
Old 2016-11-07, 03:57   Link #2098
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

LOL I think the current state of the anime is literally the most shameless thing I have ever seen.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 10:36   Link #2099
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

The current arc base on what novel ?

At least a little better than the childhood arc....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 14:36   Link #2100
Tetsu Aero

The new episode was quite good, i hope it keeps up.

It's based on the book, Sasuke Shinden: book of Sunrise.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion