AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-09-28, 10:26   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1027 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again, folks! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Danger Beyond Imagination". Splash features Roger, Buggy, and Shanks.

-We see a few characters reacting to the sky splitting apart. Luffy then asks Yamato to lend Momo her aid. As she joins Momo, Kaidou moves in to stop them, but the emperor is in turn intercepted by Luffy! Yamato is well aware of the rubber man's intentions at this point: He wants to take on Kaidou solo! As Momo starts struggling to fly, Yamato explains how dragons keep themselves airborne: They don't actually fly on their own, but rather latch themselves onto the flame clouds they create. Rubble begins falling from Onigashima onto the mainland, and Yamato deduces this is due to Kaidou's own flame clouds becoming unstable, due to his waning strength. Even worse, less than five minutes remain until the island reaches the Flower Capital! And if that weren't enough, the island's huge cache of weapons and explosives practically means that it would be equivalent to dropping a massive bomb onto the mainland, destroying friend and foe alike! She therefore asks Momo to create his own clouds to not only keep the island aloft, but to push it away from the Flower Capital....

-Meanwhile, back in the castle, we focus on Zoro vs. King! The all-star is now in his hybrid form (which doesn't really look much different from his human form, honestly), and begins attacking both ally and foe alike! It turns out he's angry because part of his mask was sliced off. Zoro gets blasted near Franky, but the Pirate Hunter has no time to rest, as King makes a beeline for him! He counters his opponent's attack with an Ultra Tiger Hunt, but the force of King's attack nonetheless blasts him out of the castle, and indeed, nearly off of the island! Thankfully, he's able to propel himself back onto the island with a new technique called Clear Lance. As soon as he lands, Zoro tells King to at least let him die with swords in hand, or else he won't forgive him. King, whose face is partially revealed, tells Zoro he won't forgive him, either....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-09-30 at 12:03.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-28, 10:53   Link #2
Hoodspirit

Thank you for your continuous effort.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-28, 17:00   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Having Luffy insisting on fighting Kaido one one one feels a bit hollow given that Kaido fought close to a dozen people before him and Yamato points out he's starting to get exhausted. Might as well have fought alongside Yamato.

Surprised we're getting Zoro vs King before Sanji vs Queen. Unless we're going to keep switching.
Old 2021-09-28, 23:15   Link #4
Tuor

^ I think Luffy might be trying to better understand Kaido's haki techniques and hone his own. At least that's probably *part* of the reason he wants to solo Kaido now.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-29, 04:40   Link #5
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Having Luffy insisting on fighting Kaido one one one feels a bit hollow given that Kaido fought close to a dozen people before him and Yamato points out he's starting to get exhausted. Might as well have fought alongside Yamato.
I feel like we're hitting a meta reason here as well: With the death of several longtime mangaka becoming known (first Miura, and just earlier today Golgo 13's author), I'm starting to suspect Oda is changing his original plan of "I can't have Luffy just do another beatdown against Kaido". Though we haven't heard anyhing terrible about Oda recently, I suspect Oda is getting worried about his own health and wants to start wrapping things up.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 12:33   Link #6
marvelB

Summary updated! So, it's been established that Onigashima is essentially a floating nuke now, Momo must save Wano with the power of his farts clouds, and King's hybrid fmode is finally revealed, which barely looks any different from his base human form. But now I'm sorta wondering if this is more of a "modified" hybrid mode created through Rumble Ball-style drugs, like Oda suggested with Black Maria's spider form? I'd have expected King to look a bit more monstrous, otherwise....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 14:43   Link #7
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
King's hybrid mode is finally revealed, which barely looks any different from his base human form. But now I'm sorta wondering if this is more of a "modified" hybrid mode created through Rumble Ball-style drugs, like Oda suggested with Black Maria's spider form? I'd have expected King to look a bit more monstrous, otherwise....
King: Fatty, be useful for once and get me something to enhance by devil fruit.
Queen: You're lucky I'm in a good mood today. Take this.
-The next day-
King: You bastard! All it does is it gives me a mohawk!
Queen: Hahahah! I can't believe you actually took it!
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 09:17   Link #8
ranchan13

So....
What if King's face is revealed as King from One Punch Man?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 11:40   Link #9
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
King: Fatty, be useful for once and get me something to enhance by devil fruit.
Queen: You're lucky I'm in a good mood today. Take this.
-The next day-
King: You bastard! All it does is it gives me a mohawk!
Queen: Hahahah! I can't believe you actually took it!
lol it's also a reverse smile fruit so King is always pissed off now

I'm looking forward to seeing what he actually looks like. It's interesting that Kaido hasn't seen his face apparently
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-02, 09:52   Link #10
necrolyte

Interesting chapter. I am exited that Zoro might actually have another fight that puts his life in danger after so many years now. May King be able to push him as far as the swords guy from Crocodile's organization, I want to see him again enter this state of mind where he can cut everything and nothing with the same sword if he wants to.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-11, 01:19   Link #11
Rainbowman

So King’s hybrid form is basically humanoid with wings. Pretty decent.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote