AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-01-29, 12:32   Link #101
Kallen4life

maybe he knew he'd be forced to used Izanagi one day and the mask conceals the fact that he loses an eye because of it

or it just looked cool xD
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 12:49   Link #102
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I don't think it will change anything. It's not like A would pull his troops because his Daiymo was captured or killed. Or the other Kages. That is something they would deal with after Madara is defeated.
The fedual lords are important. I mean, they're mostly useless but they're the bread and butter of the hidden villages. The Sand village allied w/ Oro and attacked Konoha just to regain the favor of its daimyo.

However, it's hard to imagine Madara using the daimyo to turn the alliance against each other since they actually have little say over how the ninjas handle their business and have absolutely no part in running this war. Kages have all the real authority and the feudal lords are basically geese that lay the golden eggs. That makes them more useful as hostages rather than a way to directly sabotage IMO, but who really knows what Madara has planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Hm. Perhaps. But as someone else said, she could be guarding the Feudal Lords. I mean, they got Black Zetsu on their ass and he's the capable fighter half of Zetsu.
Speaking of which, Madara mentioned that he was leaving black zetsu behind to watch Sasuke (which I guess was a lie for Kabuto), so if Sasuke's not with black zetsu where is he?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 13:15   Link #103
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ I would gather still in the same place shown in chapter 515 and healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
However, it's hard to imagine Madara using the daimyo to turn the alliance against each other since they actually have little say over how the ninjas handle their business and have absolutely no part in running this war. Kages have all the real authority and the feudal lords are basically geese that lay the golden eggs. That makes them more useful as hostages rather than a way to directly sabotage IMO, but who really knows what Madara has planned.
Very easy. Just one scenario. If the Daimyo are cloned the Land of Lightening Daimyo can speak with A through some private channel. The clone can tell him he overhead whispers that the Fire and Earth Daimyo are planning to send their armies to invade Kumo after Madara is defeated. It wouldn't take that much to convince an old war hawk like A that is a possibility. This alliance is not expected to last after the war. If Madara can plant seeds of doubt in the Kages, then he can use that to his advantage. If he can get just one country to bail on the Alliance, that might be enough.

As hostages they have little value right now. It's not like the Alliance are going to exchange Naruto and Killer Bee for them. Or stop the war. Killing monarchs is how wars start. Not end.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 15:11   Link #104
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ Hmm. Well, I gotta give it to you, that does seem plausible. A is the most suspicious and rash Kage by a long shot. But he was also named leader of the alliance, so I think he'd need more convincing than just the words of the daimyo before he did anything against the rest of the alliance. I'd say there's a better chance of something close to that happening than I said earlier though

I disagree that the daimyo have no value as hostages though. Madara wouldn't be able to get the alliance to trade up for the jinchuuriki but he could stop the alliance army's advance in its tracks if he has the daimyo. There's a reason the feudal lords were taken into protective custody. If they were killed or captured, it poses a serious problem. At the very least, the alliance would have to stop their advance while they decide what to do. Even if they eventually decided to continue the attack, it would buy Madara more time.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 13:11   Link #105
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
^ Hmm. Well, I gotta give it to you, that does seem plausible. A is the most suspicious and rash Kage by a long shot. But he was also named leader of the alliance, so I think he'd need more convincing than just the words of the daimyo before he did anything against the rest of the alliance. I'd say there's a better chance of something close to that happening than I said earlier though

I disagree that the daimyo have no value as hostages though. Madara wouldn't be able to get the alliance to trade up for the jinchuuriki but he could stop the alliance army's advance in its tracks if he has the daimyo. There's a reason the feudal lords were taken into protective custody. If they were killed or captured, it poses a serious problem. At the very least, the alliance would have to stop their advance while they decide what to do. Even if they eventually decided to continue the attack, it would buy Madara more time.
More importantly, I remember Aizen who replaced the council and manipulated the executive authority, the so-called Shinigami, from way above. He could kill the daimyo(s) and replace them with Zetsu clones. With that move, would infiltrate the leadership of the alliance and thus be able to control major decisions.
Old 2011-01-31, 18:44   Link #106
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Oh my god...
...so its Kinkaku and Ginkaku, huh? People with chakra as strong as the 9T... ridiculous. It was ridiculous when they said Raikage was that strong and it's ridiculous now that two more pop up out of nowhere. I thought it was Naruto's speciality to have a giant chakra pool and maybe Kisame's, Naruto's chakra is said to be weaker than the 9T chakra, so wtf where do those ridiculously powerful guys come from? Ah yes, they come from the past. The same past where the 1st Hokage was said to be oh-so-powerful, not to mention the 2nd. They lived at the same time, didn't they?

I don't get it, but in fact, I don't have to. The fact that all those monsters are dead means they are destined to die again.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 23:06   Link #107
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Oh my god...
...so its Kinkaku and Ginkaku, huh? People with chakra as strong as the 9T... ridiculous.
They didn't say it was as strong as the Nine-Tails. They said they were tinged with it. Kisame had a huge chakra pool as well, on the level of a Tailed Beast (As did the Raikage), so these people exist. Tailed Beast are also on different levels, the Kyuubi being clearly the most powerful.

Let's not forget that the Ginkaku force took down Nidaime. If they weren't ridiculously strong, it would be pretty weird for a Hokage to die to them.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 04:51   Link #108
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Ah yes, they come from the past.
It's amazing how many people can survive through centuries of war and simply pop up when nobody's expecting them But of course Kishi would use the old gen, just to enforce his fav theme of new generation being the best...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 07:27   Link #109
mrShady

Quote:
They didn't say it was as strong as the Nine-Tails. They said they were tinged with it. Kisame had a huge chakra pool as well, on the level of a Tailed Beast (As did the Raikage), so these people exist. Tailed Beast are also on different levels, the Kyuubi being clearly the most powerful.

Let's not forget that the Ginkaku force took down Nidaime. If they weren't ridiculously strong, it would be pretty weird for a Hokage to die to them.
Just to ask, but where has it been said they were the ones that killed the 2nd hokage?
I might have overlooked so would be great to know.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 11:12   Link #110
naruske

imagine killerbee using the menacing ball on those white zetsu's? they wouldn't stand a chance
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 16:59   Link #111
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

The 2nd Hokage probably died when he faced those hunter-nins vom Kumo, but who said it was those two?
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 17:53   Link #112
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
The 2nd Hokage probably died when he faced those hunter-nins from Kumo, but who said it was those two?
Yeah, 20 no-name hunter nins took down a Hokage that demonstrated to have the ability of 'complete' darkness. An ability that rendered the Third helpless.
Old 2011-02-01, 18:29   Link #113
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Yeah, 20 no-name hunter nins took down a Hokage that demonstrated to have the ability of 'complete' darkness. An ability that rendered the Third helpless.
In the manga it was the 1st hokage who used that jutsu, if i remember correctly.
But anyway, the 2nd hokage has been used to hype up these two guys, so they definitely can kill kages.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 18:39   Link #114
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
stuff.
Oh yeah you're absolutely right. I don't think it really affects my point though. 20 no-name nin taking down a Hokage is... to put it politely, silly.
Old 2011-02-02, 02:26   Link #115
james0246

spoilers are out, and the new thread has been created...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-02-02 at 09:09.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 23:35   Link #116
Mary Grace

Wow this times the former leaders (who are already dead and then resurrected) who will they be fighting at . . . . . . . good luck -_-
Mary Grace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion