AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-29, 08:53   Link #2441
l.kostas

This is a re-upload of part 1 (the original video got taken down, as the inclusion of the OP triggered YouTube's copyright protection)
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Golden Time: Vivid Memories #4 [English Subtitles]
Banri and 2D-kun get stuck with the Tea Ceremony girls and are forced into sumo wrestling each other.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 18:32   Link #2442
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
So... I hadn't heard of this until today when I was randomly perusing Crunchy Roll's anime list.

As a licensed attorney, I was caught by the words "law school" in the series description. Would anyone be able to tell me how much focus there actually is on the law or the horrible experience that is law school (I generally assume that Japanese legal education is every bit as nightmarish as American legal education... there is no way that legal education anywhere can actually be a positive, fulfilling, meaningful experience)? If it's more than just a backdrop where there the words "law school" are used once or twice an episode just to remind you that it's not high school (like most series like this), I'd probably be quite interested in watching this.

Thanks!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 18:34   Link #2443
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
So... I hadn't heard of this until today when I was randomly perusing Crunchy Roll's anime list.

As a licensed attorney, I was caught by the words "law school" in the series description. Would anyone be able to tell me how much focus there actually is on the law or the horrible experience that is law school (I generally assume that Japanese legal education is every bit as nightmarish as American legal education... there is no way that legal education anywhere can actually be a positive, fulfilling, meaningful experience)? If it's more than just a backdrop where there the words "law school" are used once or twice an episode just to remind you that it's not high school (like most series like this), I'd probably be quite interested in watching this.

Thanks!
They never focus in the classes from what I remember... they just appeared in the cafeteria or corridors when they were at the college.
Old 2015-09-06, 18:45   Link #2444
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
They never focus in the classes from what I remember... they just appeared in the cafeteria or corridors when they were at the college.
In fact, the author goes so far as to say in her postscripts/afterwords that once more, the characters were doing everything but study. She's poking fun at the fact that college is simply the backdrop of the story. It advances the demographic from shounen to seinen... or tries to.

Each of her series has advanced the demographic a bit: from middle school (Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun), to high school (Toradora!), to college (Golden Time), and then to the middle twenties (Listening to the Soundtrack of an Unknown Movie).
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 19:00   Link #2445
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Thanks. I see from the star rating on Crunchy Roll that it's actually rated very highly, and I feel like it's unusual for a 26-episode series to get 120+ pages of discussion here...

I might still watch it, but if it really did have some substance to the law school part, I'd definitely watch it.

Old 2015-11-10, 19:40   Link #2446
JagdPanther

So, that was an epic mistake on my part to watch this series. So much aaaaaanggsttt. Definitely not the kind of series I normally watch, but once I begin watching something, it pretty much takes an Act of Congress to get me to stop out of the idea I simply need to "finish" what I am doing. Usually not a fan of these series that have a lot of sad/emotional moments. No one "died," so it wasn't like that, but it was still not the kind of thing I watch for enjoyment. I only briefly reviewed what the series actually contained thematically, so I clearly missed the "angst" tag. Definitely thought from my "judging a book by its cover" skillset (which is normally extremely good) that it was a more upbeat series.

I mean, I know it makes total sense for the relationships to end up the way that they do, but it still doesn't make it any better for me.

Good Lord was Koko annoying. And Linda pretty much would be the best girlfriend ever. But, hey, just didn't make sense for the story.

So, put another series on my "watched" list in the last 20 years, but certainly not even in the top half of series I've seen.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen