Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-06-08, 08:09   Link #21
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^For kicks? lol~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
It's a pretty fun story overall, but has issues with pacing every now and then.
Like after a problem gets solved it'll spend 3-4 chapters on explanations and shit. I mean, once the work is completed it's not so much of an issue, but reading along with daily updates with an explanation getting spread out over 3-5 days is somewhat irritating.
The synopsis page is also laid out like a complete mess. Wanting to explain exactly what a series has and doesn't have is nice and all, but calm the hell down with it.

Also, he has one girl so far with likely him not getting anymore, and she's iffy on that status. She's the same race as him and the daughter of another Dungeon Master, aka a "princess," and there's been hints as of the latest chapter that she's probably not going to be meeting dear old dad ever again. Which means she's stuck with the protagonist despite how much she'd rather not be.
That said, there's still another former half-goblin majin in his dungeon that she can get with after they meet, so nothing is solid until they fuck on this one.

Revenge is also a major theme in this, with ironically the protagonist being the only one not looking for some.
But he is more than willing to help his minions out in their revenge (even if he isn't sympathetic at all), so I suppose it doesn't make a difference.
Just like World Teacher, dun like a work where MC does too much for people without him gaining anything but "loyalty".
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 08:10   Link #22
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
Yeah I don't think she's getting together with the half Goblin. No foreseeable reason why
She's basically a princess knight and he has tentacles.
But in all seriousness, while I agree the chances are low, it is a chance.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 08:10   Link #23
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post

Revenge is also a major theme in this, with ironically the protagonist being the only one not looking for some.
But he is more than willing to help his minions out in their revenge (even if he isn't sympathetic at all), so I suppose it doesn't make a difference.
Yeah especially with the new chapter. It looks like vampire girls going to have a reason to seek revenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^For kicks? lol~

Just like World Teacher, dun like a work where MC does too much for people without him gaining anything but "loyalty".
I think you have a little biased toward it just because it doesn't say Harem. And also it's a win-win situation for both of them. Usually the MC gets good minions and they get a reason and a way to Revenge.
But that demon girl is the MC's girl.
Old 2016-06-08, 08:11   Link #24
bakato

Can I expect facehuggers and psionics? The most important thing for a dungeon-trope story is the challengers. Have any good challengers appeared?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 08:14   Link #25
cabman11

No face huggers yet but it's getting there.
We already have Runners, workers, some kind of a living flower thing, some good ol acid spitters. And just newly created little bastard telepathic alien sentient brain things.
Aka biological supercomputers
Old 2016-06-08, 08:19   Link #26
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
No face huggers yet but it's getting there.
We already have Runners, workers, some kind of a living flower thing, some good ol acid spitters. And just newly created little bastard telepathic alien sentient brain things.
Aka biological supercomputers
Nice. Have any poor chumps been served this course of horrors?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 08:22   Link #27
sasuke706

The only challengers his dungeon have had are the dragonman (with useless goblins as support) and the Mind Mage siblings.
The reason being is basically no one can invade from the demon realm side due to location, and the human realm side is in a forbidden forest (forbidden for unknown reasons) that no one's allowed to enter.
But the human nations are taking an active stance toward dungeons with the latest developments, forming an adventurer guild and all that jazz.
So it'll happen eventually.

He's also taken his aliens out on a walk this one time and some slavers and bandits died in terror.
Though part of that terror was the Mind Mage brother's work.
Old 2016-06-08, 08:31   Link #28
cabman11

Lets talk little bit about the MC's personality.

He likes to fuck with people. He really really likes to mess with people. Attracted sexually harasse the vampire but after he got no response he got bored. But majin girl gave him a respond so he kept going. ('~' )
He's pretty flamboyant too.
Old 2016-06-09, 10:45   Link #29
cabman11

New chapter
Spoiler:
Old 2016-06-09, 12:28   Link #30
sasuke706

Yeah, the whole situation is fucked everywhere basically.
The demon realm has been in a sort of cold war state with itself ever since the last war and everyone more or less just wants to stab each other in the back. Ironically, it doesn't seem like any of them have tried to do shit to the human realm, respecting the pact or treaty or whatever it was after the last war.

The human nations have always been at war with the vampire nation (and have destroyed the dragon people empire), but are now starting a civil war because some of them want to expand their territory into the demon realm.

This meaning that they're basically going to stir-up the hornet's nest because they're severally underestimating what dungeon masters are capable of and just how many there are. So it's going to become a demon realm vs itself vs human realm also versus itself. A 5(and more)-way complete mess and the divine realm just sitting back on sidelines pretending they aren't there. And then you have the protagonist that is basically on his own side.
But my god I'm having trouble remembering who's who with all these names.

I also like how Michel casually completely overcame the noise that generated when trying to communicate from the demon realm to human realm.
She must've been pretty goddamn bored the past two months.
Old 2016-06-09, 12:31   Link #31
cabman11

Don't underestimate the powers of a psychic yandere.
And that mask makes it cooler.

And there's only like 7 or 11 named characters

Last edited by cabman11; 2016-06-09 at 13:00.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 13:00   Link #32
sasuke706

There's way more than 11 named characters.
Not that it's a bad thing, but the author more or less introduces everyone who appears on screen for even 1 line.
I can remember the people who get involved with the protagonist just fine, but all this Marquis shit is getting me mixed up. Like I thought that Gilmo guy was the Four Element's house head but this chapter said he isn't.

And no that isn't me.
Old 2016-06-09, 13:09   Link #33
obnuchious

at present, how many dungeon masters been mentioned? and what had they been doing?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 13:22   Link #34
cabman11

3? Have been mentioned
Spoiler:
Old 2016-06-09, 14:56   Link #35
Kaito Yamakage

MC needs to do a zergling rush on the humans they don't have enough marines to counter.
Old 2016-06-09, 15:05   Link #36
cabman11

He did say hi is going to produce around a thousand
Old 2016-06-10, 06:02   Link #37
obnuchious

well, a thousand is still manageable for the humans if they bother to unite as one ... but if they still persist in their civil war . . . bye bye

though the real problem with a thousand zerglings ...... would they be the basic/common types or the fully evolved ones (in regards to SCII)
Old 2016-06-10, 11:05   Link #38
sasuke706

His basic zerglings would be somewhat upgraded.
The world has a sort of level up system, but so far it's only been shown that dungeon masters can access this and generally no one else is even aware it exists, not even the daughter of another dungeon master.
He uses this to strengthen his minions with their own levels, and the protagonist's own levels all go into either information gathering abilities or minion strengthening.
For the record, the protagonist can fight and has been practicing with a spear, but he typically doesn't use level ups to increase his own fighting abilities.
That said, this series doesn't like the whole one-man army bit, so the strengthening stuff are just slight increases.

Of course he has other kinds of zerg as well.
He can make structure zerglings including tower defense ones.
He has hydralisks that specialize in stealth.
He has a gorilla-type and its upgrade, which is basically an armored gorilla.
He has acid artillery worms and bats that spew fire everywhere.
He also has mini-overmind minions...that talk and act like grade schoolers, with kyupi kyupi stuff.
He's got your average drone ones for manual labor, too, of course.

The protagonist actively goes around collecting what's basically DNA strands to upgrade his Zerg with. Not all DNA strands have an apparent use though, however.
Old 2016-06-10, 23:37   Link #39
obnuchious

so this is one of those stories where Levels =/= TUE

He has hydralisks that specialize in stealth == I've only seen Lurkers do that so being them Hydras doing that is good . . perfect against ground and air targets

He has acid artillery worms and bats that spew fire everywhere == Spore Colony (that uses them Banelings) and Mutalisks, much?

mini-overmind minions...that talk and act like grade schoolers, with kyupi kyupi stuff == that's enough to cause mental and soul damage

He's got your average drone ones for manual labor, too, of course == one can never go without drones for manual labors .. though am guessing they ain't only mining for minerals and gas... can they still be used to attack?

has he tried attacking other dungeons, even if he's that far away?
Old 2016-06-10, 23:50   Link #40
sasuke706

The hydralisks don't have a range attack. They're just described exactly as looking like one, but stealthy. So they're for scouting, stalking, and assassinations.
The drones can be used to attack, but they're super weak. In battle, he uses them to rearrange terrain on the fly. Terrain as in his dungeon walls.

He hasn't tried attacking another dungeon. In fact, he's trying to get one as an ally currently but has to meet the dungeon master first, who may be up to some shady shit or just outright dead.
He can't attack from the demon realm side because his island is guarded by a hydra that attacks anything going in or out, and it turns out hydras are pretty goddamn strong. Not to mention aliens aren't so good with water yet.
Otherwise, he's also only an Archbaron — the second lowest position a dungeon master can be in. Odds are he isn't a match for other dungeons yet.

He probably has an idea where some dungeons are located on the human side because of the Mind Mage siblings' archive memory, but going to one without standing out is extremely difficult, not to mention attacking one from the human side would completely ruin his plan of staying low for the time being. He just wants to bolster his forces and find neat DNA strands.

Also to mention, he has a small army of enslaved goblins and has been purchasing interesting human slaves as of late.
It hasn't gone into why the human slaves are interesting yet though.

Tags
dungeon master, madness, massacre, revenge, revolution, strategic large-scale war, we zerg now