AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 12:04   Link #121
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Megumi Hayashibara ... @___@, will sacrifice many kitties and puppies to see this happen.
I can see where you are trying to go with this but they'll probably go with a younger seiyu.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 12:32   Link #122
antigone

>referencing Sankaku again

i guess people never learn.

On topic: i hope this turns out better than Katanagatari and Bakemonogatari, two shows that really didn't work out for me.
antigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 14:03   Link #123
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I can see where you are trying to go with this but they'll probably go with a younger seiyu.
Megumi has voiced a 7-year old on Detective Conan for a long time, and a teenage Lina Inverse in Slayers for a long time. I think she can pull off "young" quite well. It's just a matter of whether her voice is what they want or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigone View Post
On topic: i hope this turns out better than Katanagatari and Bakemonogatari, two shows that really didn't work out for me.
Well, it's the prequel to Bakemono, so if you didn't like that, odds are you won't like this.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 14:28   Link #124
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Megumi has voiced a 7-year old on Detective Conan for a long time, and a teenage Lina Inverse in Slayers for a long time. I think she can pull off "young" quite well. It's just a matter of whether her voice is what they want or not.

Well, it's the prequel to Bakemono, so if you didn't like that, odds are you won't like this.
This 7-year old is Ai Haibara.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 15:14   Link #125
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
These japanese otaku are really ridiculous....
agreed, I'd still like to see her due the role since I think she could pull it off fine, she can do a good range of voices.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:25   Link #126
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Hirano Aya's voice doesn't fit Kiss-shot. That was debated for many times, and that's also the conclusion I made. She might have some versatility, but her acting on anything out of genki girl has been criticised severely.
Old 2011-02-06, 19:02   Link #127
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Hirano Aya's voice doesn't fit Kiss-shot. That was debated for many times, and that's also the conclusion I made. She might have some versatility, but her acting on anything out of genki girl has been criticised severely.
You know, no one would hate Aya Hirano that much if she didn't make herself into such a media target.

Seriously, none of you would be saying things like 'she doesn't fit Kiss-shot', which isn't true in the first place.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 19:27   Link #128
RelaxRelapse
0.o

I can't wait for this :3
RelaxRelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 22:15   Link #129
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You know, no one would hate Aya Hirano that much if she didn't make herself into such a media target.

Seriously, none of you would be saying things like 'she doesn't fit Kiss-shot', which isn't true in the first place.
No. Even excluding all those whatever hell twitter crisis that Hirano and obsessive otakus are pulling off, I still say she doesn't fit Kiss-shot's portrayal that I believe in. There are a lot of better choices out there.

Of course, I never said she is a bad seiyuu. No-one can top Omigawa Chiaki for that place anyway.

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-02-06 at 22:26.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 23:58   Link #130
brocko

Quote:
Of course, I never said she is a bad seiyuu. No-one can top Omigawa Chiaki for that place anyway.
To be fair, her character count hasn't even reached double digit yet since her debut in 2008 with Soul Eater. I'd say she's just inexperienced at the moment and still developing as a seiyu.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 03:34   Link #131
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
There are a lot of better choices out there.
I happen to trust whoever is responsible for the voice casting at Shaft.

Quote:
No-one can top Omigawa Chiaki for that place anyway.
Hey now, she was fine in Soremachi.
Old 2011-02-07, 03:46   Link #132
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Do you even know what Kiss-shots character is like? There's a reason people say she doesn't fit the role and it has nothing to do with her being an overrated seiyuu (and this is coming from someone who thinks her Haruhi is a tour de force performance) turned into a desperate small time media whore.

Until she proves otherwise she doesn't fit this character.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 17:41   Link #133
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
To be fair, her character count hasn't even reached double digit yet since her debut in 2008 with Soul Eater. I'd say she's just inexperienced at the moment and still developing as a seiyu.
The problem is, she is not developing. I always tried to find something positive about her, but the single thing I could find was that she can only voice classic ditz/pure type character. She doesn't do that well either anyway, due to her over-dramatised voice control.

and her normal voice is much better. I wonder why she always do that same annoying voice instead of fine one. Well, that's seiyuu business.

Quote:
I happen to trust whoever is responsible for the voice casting at Shaft.
She never was a cast from the start. Drama CD casting =/= Anime casting.
Old 2011-02-07, 19:45   Link #134
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
She never was a cast from the start. Drama CD casting =/= Anime casting.
I'm pretty certain they list her in the credits... she does make SOME noise, as I recall.
Old 2011-02-07, 20:16   Link #135
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ Hirano Aya never even listed in the cast roll in official website. Even character of Shinbo was not even mentioned.

Though, it's true that it is much likely that Hirano will be casted for the role.

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-02-08 at 01:15.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 06:42   Link #136
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...hirano-sacked/

Seems like Aya is being questioned about whether she can fit Kissshot's shoes. Personally I can't really imagine her as the character, but if she does get the boot who will replace her? One thing to keep in mind is that the actress needs to have extreme range since Kissshot travels between like 6 different ages during the series.
Yoko Hikasa !!!

Anyway, Aya Hiirano just appeared as drama CD Seiyuu rite?
Well, they can just write her as drama CD seiyuu...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 10:32   Link #137
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I don't understand why they keep harrassing her -.- this is some serious business ...
Someone have to make a video "Leave Aya Hirano Alone" *cry*
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 15:51   Link #138
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I don't understand why they keep harrassing her -.- this is some serious business ...
Someone have to make a video "Leave Aya Hirano Alone" *cry*
Japanese otaku are... yeah. Their angel isn't an angel so they have to trash her. It's sad really.

I didn't think she fit the part, but I hope she keeps it just to stick it to those otaku.
Old 2011-02-08, 15:55   Link #139
Shadow5YA

Aya Hirano always gets heavily criticized because of how much publicity she gets. It's like people here hating on Johnny Young Bosch because he gets cast for so many roles.

That said, I also can't imagine Aya's vocal range fitting all of Kiss-shot's various ages. Maybe loli Kiss-shot/Shinobu is fine, but not the fully grown and developed woman.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 16:33   Link #140
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Aya Hirano always gets heavily criticized because of how much publicity she gets. It's like people here hating on Johnny Young Bosch because he gets cast for so many roles.
Hirano is mainly criticized because of her self-publicity. It has less to do with number of roles - sure, you attract a good number of fans and haters by your performances, but the same goes for any star in this business. By sticking to your work and minimizing the self-promoting antics (scandalous and/or attention seeking tweets and blog posts, etc.), you avoid "rocking the boat".

Self publicity is a double edged sword. You attract a lot of attention, but also quite a bit of negativity (especially in Japanese society, where this is still discouraged). In either case, you manage to stay in the headlines, which is why people like Hirano keep doing it. They may whine when the "fans" point daggers at them, but at the end of the day, they wouldn't have it any other way. Once the situation cools, they go forward with the next attention grabbing tactic.

You could say the same about a multitude of western stars, particularly of the "bad boy" or "bad girl" variety.

Another anime example might be the director Yutaka Yamamoto. He attracts both positive and negative attention via self publicity/drama and would not be anywhere as visible otherwise (directorial portfolio is too small).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote