AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-12, 21:39   Link #321
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
LoL... about the eyes of Sasuke... I really hope that Madara tricked Sasuke. The moment he removes his bandages from his eyes to discover that he is totally blind. Sasuke becoming the very first ninja who's blind makes actually perfect sense.
It would be incredibly stupid (no offense), for him to go through all these powerups, fights, etc. for him to simply lose his abilities and have to learn a completely new way of fighting in a handicapped condition. What would be the point of this really? (besides giving you enjoyment from the fact that he would be handicapped of course...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
He has always relied on his eyes... so to remove that would make him a complete new ninja.
No, he hasn't always relied on his eyes, he was actually one of the most diverse and resourceful fighters of the rookie teams (similar to Neji). As a matter of fact, for someone with the sharingan, he really hasn't taken advantage of copying jutsu, or used much of genjitsu (besides very brief uses). Only after attaining the MS has he started making heavy use of the ninjitsu and whatever you would classify Susanoo as. He was actually pretty balanced; meaning he didn't always rely on one jutsu.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 21:45   Link #322
james0246

^1) How is Neji diverse? Like any Clan shinobi (minus Sasuke), he only uses clan techniques.

2) Sasuke has used extensive genjutsu in Part II. In fact, he "mastered" genjutsu just to fight his brother, who is the True Genius of Genjutsu (as their fight and others have shown). That being said, he has always been an equal ninjutsu and taijutsu fighter: he likes to get close and personal, and he likes to use destructive ninjutsu to force his opponents to move in certain patterns (this is kind of the reason most of his fights are so fun to watch). But, you are incorrect in that Sasuke has always used his Sharingan eyes since the Haku battle, in fact only when Sasuke is acting particularly stupid does he not use his Sharingan (ala the start of the Kirabi fight).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 02:29   Link #323
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^1) How is Neji diverse? Like any Clan shinobi (minus Sasuke), he only uses clan techniques.
I said *similar* to Neji, because like Sasuke, Neji was very balanced -- he could be described as a counter fighter because he reacted well to his opponents attacks, as opposed to running up and spamming a technique over and over. From what we've seen, his moves would mostly depend on what his opponent did, and if he led the attack he wasn't the type to keep trying something again and again even though it failed the first time . I should have used the word "balanced" instead of "diverse", but I guess it still makes sense if you look at it in terms of specific techniques, and not the school of the technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
2) Sasuke has used extensive genjutsu in Part II.
I wouldn't call his use of it extensive though, even though he did use it in all the fights it was used relatively briefly especially when compared to the way he later makes use of Susanoo and Amaterasu. He kept those activated for long periods of time, and kept using them: as opposed to a quick shot of genjitsu here and there. Extensive is what I would describe Itachi's use of genjitsu, or Naruto's use of Kage-Bushin (now that is extensive use).
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote