AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-03, 16:29   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
No you really can't consider Croc and Daz allies... not at all... remember, they are not partnered with Luffy; Luffy is there to save Ace, but Croc is there to kill Whitebeard. They helped eachother escape but once they land, they are on opposite sides. Luffy will be beating up Ace's captors, while Croc will be beating up Ace's rescuers.

Yes, I'm aware that Crocoboy has his own agenda, but seeing as he's on neither Whitebeard nor the marines' side in this war, I can still see him taking on a VA or two, as well. Plus, seeing as Iva still has him "on a leash" so to speak with whatever that secret of his is, he may be forced to help Luffy reach Ace.... though I'm sure that he won't be sticking around Luffy for long, afterwards.......

Quote:
Frankly, i got my money on Garp vs Luffy

Garp? You sure that he'll want to fight Luffy after seeing how conflicted he was about this whole affair during this chapter? I know that he's already treading on thin ice with Sengoku as it is, but I still don't think that he'll be very willing to fight his grandson, especially if he's the one who may currently have the best chance at rescuing Ace.......

Now, maybe if he pretended to fight Luffy, that would be a different story. That could provide a sort of distraction while someone else from Luffy's group (like Buggy, for instance) frees Ace from the gallows.....
Old 2009-09-03, 16:34   Link #62
james0246

^I somewhat doubt that Garp is going to fight anyone (let alone Luffy), but if it did, then it could and attempt to fight Luffy in order to save Luffy. Garp can't save Ace now, but maybe, if he could knock out Luffy, Garp could spirit him away to safety.
Old 2009-09-03, 16:36   Link #63
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

Frankly, i got my money on Garp vs Luffy
I dunno, it looked like we got some heavy foreshadowing of Garp vs Sengoku in this chapter.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:09   Link #64
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I'm still hoping that in the next few chapters Luffy is going to bite off more than he can chew (i.e. go beyond lower Vice-Admiral level opponents) and Hancock will have to finally unleash her haki to save him, proving just why she is the Empress of the Sea and why Sengoku spoke of her so reverently.

That being said, good chapter. The flashbacks were a bit much, but thankfully they only took up about 4-5 panels total (about 1 page). I'm still trying to figure out how Moria was not crushed, considering he was standing directly underneath Oars as he fell. I wonder if Luffy will comment on the body and wonder if Moria is around someplace (Hopefully Moria will say something about Luffy next chapter...)? Whatever the case, the excitement and tension keeps growing. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Moria can switch places with his shaddow, and his shadow was at least above Oarz after the attack.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:18   Link #65
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Moria can switch places with his shaddow, and his shadow was at least above Oarz after the attack.
We don't know if Moria can seperate from his shadow in the daylight. And since all of his shadow was commited to attacking Oars, it is unclear how he could have even used his doppleganger technique.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:23   Link #66
marvelB

^Maybe Moria is simply quicker than he looks?
Old 2009-09-03, 17:32   Link #67
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Maybe Moria is simply quicker than he looks?
or than he's animated XD
Old 2009-09-03, 17:32   Link #68
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Garp? You sure that he'll want to fight Luffy after seeing how conflicted he was about this whole affair during this chapter? I know that he's already treading on thin ice with Sengoku as it is, but I still don't think that he'll be very willing to fight his grandson, especially if he's the one who may currently have the best chance at rescuing Ace.......

Now, maybe if he pretended to fight Luffy, that would be a different story. That could provide a sort of distraction while someone else from Luffy's group (like Buggy, for instance) frees Ace from the gallows.....
Problem is though, to not fight, or just pretend to fight would be betraying to the way of the marines... hell i think part of the reason he said he couldn't do anything was partially a mental thing, as he physically could do something, but he's not willing to do it as it goes against all he stands for and what not. Fact is, like any true holder of justice, Garp must not be willing to make exceptions when he has something personal at stake... how many times did he stand by and watch as pirates were captured, imprisoned and executed; he himself has done the capturing... how can he make Ace an exception, when he would not look twice for anyone else?

Maybe if Ace never became a pirate, THEN he might have done something... if that were the case then Ace's only crime would have been being born, which is something Garp obviously would not allow for anyone (hence why he took care of both Luffy and Ace)... But unfortunately, Ace became a pirate and thus became guilty of many of the same crimes that Garp himself had enforced in the past. That's why this situation is so hard for Garp... As he sees it, he could not label someone a villain by basis of their birth, but he can and DOES label them as such for pirates... And that's Garp's problem, the fact that he acknowledges Ace as a "villain" that should receive just punishment just like any other

Garp will end up fighting to stop Ace's rescue... he will fight hard, but he will pray that he looses. That's the only way he can maintain justice while still not having to watch Ace die... It's kinda like how a warrior who seeks an honorable death in battle... their goal is to loose, but they must fight 100% or it would not be honorable. Though at the same time, i would not be surprised if Garp succumbed to his feelings to allow just enough hesitation to give Luffy the edge he needs and thus only truly giving 99% (which means he's still fight really hard and seriously)
Old 2009-09-03, 18:26   Link #69
'Pryde
I am better than you

lol why would that marine go to akainu of all people....i would of prolly asked aokiji or something

garp said he would've done something if he culd of. So i guess its out of his hands now. Plus thier would be no reason in telling sengoku that if he was gonna attempt somtin. Soooo garp just may do nothing as hard as that is to believe
Old 2009-09-03, 18:28   Link #70
andy

I think the line Family is different say it all. Grap would like to save Ace but he knows he does not have the power to do so. With luffy there he don't have to save ace him self but he can help luffy. I mean he is having so much trouble with Ace dying there is no way i see grap letting both of his grandsons dying . Grap just sitting there and doing nothing helps luffy.
Old 2009-09-03, 18:52   Link #71
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I lol'd at the ending there.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-09-03, 20:21   Link #72
Rainbowman

Quote:
^I'm still hoping that in the next few chapters Luffy is going to bite off more than he can chew (i.e. go beyond lower Vice-Admiral level opponents) and Hancock will have to finally unleash her haki to save him, proving just why she is the Empress of the Sea and why Sengoku spoke of her so reverently.
If Hancock is going to save Luffy, it better be because of her friendship with him and NOT her love for him. <"Back off woman, I have plans for him." If she does save Luffy however, the other Shichibukai would know. Here are my predictions of what would happen to Hancock:

Crocodile: unknown
Mihawk: unknown; probably wouldn't care about her involvement with Luffy
Jinbei: unknown; probably scorn her with some common sense
Doflamingo: would slice off her arms and legs
Kuma: would send her back to Amazon Lily in disgrace via Nikyu Nikyu teleport
Moria: would use his shadow spear at her heart
Old 2009-09-03, 20:32   Link #73
andy

You act like Boa is just going stand around and let people do what ever they want to her lol. I do hope we get to find out more about how her powers work . At first people thought you had to like her or have some lust for her to turn you to stone. That went threw window when she turn cannon balls to stone . Now she has a OHKO that if she hits you, your body starts to break apart lol. So she has moves that can turn you stone without touching you and when she does she can also turn you to stone. Plus there is her Haki
Old 2009-09-03, 20:55   Link #74
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

This was another very good chapter. A lot was fit into this chapter.

Damn White Beard powerful. If Sengekou going to defeat whitebeard he is going to need a nuclear weapon from Dr. VegaPunk. Because I don't see anyone right now in the marines side who could defeat White Beard or equal him face to face.

I don't see how the WG considered the Marines and the Shichibukai to be the deciding factor of war between the four Yonkou when there having trouble with just one. The way I see it is if Shanks or Dragon who have some sort of connection to the main character of the story show up to the summit then the Marines and WG are more than screwed there F%#@.

In my view Garb has to try and save ace but I am afraid he will die doing it either after the battle as a punishment for betraying the marines or during battle.

Now if he does or not is to be decided later but my bet is on Garb will try to save Ace, because Garb as taken care of ace ever since he was a a baby. No matter what wrong the kids done Garb will always look at Ace and Luffy as his own and he will want to protect them from danger. Its only natural for the parents to protect and want better for the off springs. If this is what Garb is feeling I hope he follows this feelings instead of the order given by Sengoku. I don't see Garb betraying his boys that he helped raised and cared for his whole life. If Garb does follow the orders and lets the execution go through he will never be the same after this. He will be a ruined man phyologically. I don't think he can live with letting his grandson Ace get executed in front of him.

Everybody has a choice in life its living with the choices that can be the hardest.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-09-03 at 21:30. Reason: Forgot to add a thought.
Old 2009-09-03, 21:18   Link #75
Big Daddy

I don't think Boa is going to need to help Luffy...I honestly expect Luffy to go in there and just rip Sh** up. I'm guessing Luffy has learned to control his haki somewhat by what blackbeard said, so i expect his first move as throwing a legendary punch to kizaru/Aokiji.

Not to mention, Boa doesn't look/act stupid. I doubt she would make it obvious that she is helping Luffy.

Edit: Luffy has a ton of help as well.
Old 2009-09-03, 21:31   Link #76
james0246

^I wouldn't mind Luffy (unconsciously) delivering one good punch to one of the Admirals, or any other Logias wandering around, before this arc is over, but I am not expecting anything else. I say unconscious because I do not expect him to show any conscious use of the ability until he gets into the New World.

btw, welcome aboard. Nice Avatar .
Old 2009-09-03, 21:49   Link #77
Big Daddy

Quote:
^I wouldn't mind Luffy (unconsciously) delivering one good punch to one of the Admirals, or any other Logias wandering around, before this arc is over, but I am not expecting anything else. I say unconscious because I do not expect him to show any conscious use of the ability until he gets into the New World.

btw, welcome aboard. Nice Avatar .
Thanks . I don't expect Luffy to be able to control his haki either, but Luffy has been taking his share of beatings recently, hope he deals out a few this time.
Old 2009-09-03, 22:05   Link #78
asdfsdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think the line Family is different say it all. Grap would like to save Ace but he knows he does not have the power to do so. With luffy there he don't have to save ace him self but he can help luffy. I mean he is having so much trouble with Ace dying there is no way i see grap letting both of his grandsons dying . Grap just sitting there and doing nothing helps luffy.
He could teach him how to use his Haki
Old 2009-09-03, 22:31   Link #79
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
" If she does save Luffy however, the other Shichibukai would know. Here are my predictions of what would happen to Hancock:

Crocodile: Would Care, but he would be more focused on Whitebeard
Mihawk: Wouldn't Care
Jinbei: Wouldn't Care
Doflamingo: Wouldn't Care
Kuma: would send her back to Amazon Lily in disgrace via Nikyu Nikyu teleport
Moria: would care, but probably not do anything to her unless she got in the way of him attacking Luffy
Fixed it
Ya, the shichibukai may work for the world government, but they don't really care about it... half of them are planning on betraying the WG in the future anyway... as such, most of them would not care about the betrayal of one of the the others

The admirals on the otherhand, might be quick to deal down justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Now if he does or not is to be decided later but my bet is on Garb will try to save Ace, because Garb as taken care of ace ever since he was a a baby. No matter what wrong the kids done Garb will always look at Ace and Luffy as his own and he will want to protect them from danger. Its only natural for the parents to protect and want better for the off springs. If this is what Garb is feeling I hope he follows this feelings instead of the order given by Sengoku. I don't see Garb betraying his boys that he helped raised and cared for his whole life. If Garb does follow the orders and lets the execution go through he will never be the same after this. He will be a ruined man phyologically. I don't think he can live with letting his grandson Ace get executed in front of him.
Yes parents do want whats best for their children... however think of what parents end up going through in real life. It happens ALL the time that a relative will be sent to prison for a crime... the most parents do is hire a defense attorney, but once judgement is laid down they just have to deal with the judgement... But it's even more complicated for Garp as he is an officer, and not just a common citizen... A police officer, A judge, a Warden, or so forth... if their children committed a crime would they be looking to break them out? Would they disregard laws and work to make sure their child did not receive any punishment for their crimes? If they did then they have no respect for the laws they've been enforcing...

When it comes down to it, Garp making sure his boys see Justice is just him doing his job; he's not betraying anyone... He wanted them to live lawful lives, he wanted them to fight the blood they were born with and become enforcers of the law... the world would not tolerate their existence, and yet Garp risked everything to make sure they could live on... but Ace and Luffy went against that wish a chose the lifestyle he most opposed, the life of criminals... Garp believed Roger's words, that a new born bares no sin and that's why Garp protected them; but Luffy and Ace went on to become pirates
Old 2009-09-03, 23:22   Link #80
andy

So what if the become pirates , some parents love there children no matter what they do ,laws or no laws it depends on what sort of person your are . Some might tell there child go to the police ,while others help them get out of the country.

Plus this is the OP world were talking about grap own son think the rulers of the OP world are wrong . Then we have what don said the winners say what is right or wrong .

Plus Ace had it bad it was either die or become a marine . I sure if WG found out where he was before becoming a pirate they would have kill him. Ace was fuck from birth no matter what he did other than becoming a marine and even then if Sengoku wanted him dead there was nothing grap could have done to stop it.
Closed Thread