AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 54.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-13, 15:49   Link #21
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

What kind of anime work?

Gundam Unicorn/Break Blade type of work?
TV series?
30 minute per episode OAV series?

I think a TV series seems more likely. A 12 episode run to whet the appetite, expand the CG universe. The animation in the trailer looks TV quality. Lots of tv grade CGI, panorama that looks water painted.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 16:38   Link #22
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I think a TV series seems more likely. A 12 episode run to whet the appetite, expand the CG universe. The animation in the trailer looks TV quality. Lots of tv grade CGI, panorama that looks water painted.
I'm not sure this would be entirely accurate, at least for now, considering the trailer itself has very low video quality. In particular, CG detail is clearly lost.

Besides, for most current direct-to-video projects that are not named Gundam Unicorn, OVA quality is essentially identical to high-end TV quality. The biggest difference is increased animation consistency and less shortcuts, not something approaching film quality. That's certainly the exception rather than the rule.

Look at Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files for example, which is also another Sunrise OVA production with CG mecha.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:06   Link #23
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The main thing is, considering this has been in production for 2 years, and they have announced the main cast, the theme song, and a general release period for the screening of the first episode, if this were a TV series, there is no reason why they wouldn't simply clarify and say so. They have nothing to hide.

If instead they are interested in promoting it as a series of theatrical events which serve to create awareness to boost DVD/BD sales after that, then it clearly falls into the OVA category.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:56   Link #24
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The main thing is, considering this has been in production for 2 years, and they have announced the main cast, the theme song, and a general release period for the screening of the first episode, if this were a TV series, there is no reason why they wouldn't simply clarify and say so. They have nothing to hide.

If instead they are interested in promoting it as a series of theatrical events which serve to create awareness to boost DVD/BD sales after that, then it clearly falls into the OVA category.
In the west, certain cartoon series have been promoted in this way. The new Green Lantern series was promoted at comic con with a ten minute trailer and then with screenings at other comic book conventions. The aired the one hour pilot in November but the series hasn't started airing regularly yet. The new season of the Avenger's cartoon hasn't premiered yet but they've screened the first episode to some people and released a trailer.

Code Geass is probably Sunrise's second most popular franchise, now. Fans have been clamoring for new content for a while now. Maybe they are just trying to keep fans in the loop.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:52   Link #25
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
In the west, certain cartoon series have been promoted in this way. The new Green Lantern series was promoted at comic con with a ten minute trailer and then with screenings at other comic book conventions.
I was at that panel! Flaming C!!!

Quote:
Code Geass is probably Sunrise's second most popular franchise, now. Fans have been clamoring for new content for a while now. Maybe they are just trying to keep fans in the loop.
Definitely.

I was like whoa when they got Yoko Kanno to compose a piece.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:58   Link #26
NeoChan
Banned

You know guys the setting here is quite similar to Gundam Seed Stargazer happening at the same time during Gundam Seed Destiny.

I wonder if the characters here will gets as a glimpse of Lelouch or other characters from the Original series.
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:00   Link #27
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Glad they finally announced this.
Old 2012-01-13, 20:04   Link #28
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Hmm....I'm disappointed, a lot of CG and maybe it will be very commercial and "sborone" like we say in Italy.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 02:03   Link #29
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion is a shared copyright between Sunrise, Project Geass, and MBS. Code Geass Akito of the Exiled is merely a shared copyright between Sunrise and Project Geass.
MBS is a broadcasting company. With an unspecified release date, I would presume any contracts would not be in stone at this time, and thus MBS would not be listed in the copyright as of yet.

Just saying.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 02:24   Link #30
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
MBS is a broadcasting company. With an unspecified release date, I would presume any contracts would not be in stone at this time, and thus MBS would not be listed in the copyright as of yet.

Just saying.
That's not how it generally works. Copyrights are not granted simply because a station is broadcasting a show. They are granted because the station is one of the production partners of the show. Basically how it works is that in Japan you decide at the beginning of production how you want to get a show funded. If you are making a TV series, you get a broadcasting partner on board before you start making the show, and they will sponsor a part of the production cost in exchange for broadcast rights and a cut of the profits. That broadcaster can then sublet the broadcast rights to other stations which also want to broadcast the show. This is why there is always a main broadcaster which gets to air a show first, while all other stations have to air later, and if for whatever reason the main broadcaster cannot air an episode, everyone else gets delayed as well.

Generally if there is no broadcaster involved in the production plans, it is not a TV series, and the production partners involved are planning on profits from direct sales and event screenings. Sometimes a show can be originally planned as a TV series, but the inability to get a broadcast partner on board can also result it in being distributed by alternate means. An example will be Xam'd, which was eventually released after Sony agreed to get on board and release it as one of the flagship titles for their PSN Video service.

While I'm not completely discounting the possibility of this eventually being shown on television in Japan, I would say the odds of it being an actual TV series in the traditional sense is basically zero. To add to this, the Knightmare Frame designer for Akito commented on Twitter that the show is like an OVA being promoted as a theatrical product instead. As someone who is involved in the production, he would know what it is, wouldn't you say?
Old 2012-01-14, 06:17   Link #31
patnam

looks the trailer like in 3D...?!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:47   Link #32
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

you mean the mech battle? it is on CG

but after closer inspection i have feeling it been design for for 3D

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 07:04   Link #33
HasuMasu
*Artist

Code Geass is making a come-back? You've gotta be shitting me, this is fabulous news!
Old 2012-01-14, 09:26   Link #34
rinichan

I think this is a tv series. The only theatrical release episode was 1 only just like what they did in cg 01 (first theatrical release for critics/reporter/magazine exclusively) , r2 (ep 01 theatrical release for fans).

If I'm gonna base the calendar , this maybe out on September onward. But its still just me wishing this for a TV series...

and I just realize after re watching the PV. I think Layla is with Geass at 1:09 and I think (guess) her Geass is being "super intelligent/wise something like that".

The guy at 1:06 looks like Suzaku (look-a-like)...

Last edited by rinichan; 2012-01-14 at 09:49.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 11:20   Link #35
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post

The guy at 1:06 looks like Suzaku (look-a-like)...
That looks more like Rolo to me except with green eyes. Cause this character has a somewhat similar hair hairstyle in the back not to mention look. I can sense him being my favorite already. <3 Or maybe that could be him? Who knows? I doubt it, but I still will like this character.

Spoiler for ....:

Spoiler for yeah I don't think so:

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 12:55   Link #36
Lost Cause

Personally I'm thrilled that the project is moving ahead as planned, and at least we are getting something!
I'm all ready rooting for the dark haired girl with the pistol, she's going to be a kick to watch. And the other Knightmare pilot, doesn't he look like Bradley?
I agree with rinichan, Lalya does appear to have a Geass. And I hope this IS a series!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 13:22   Link #37
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
That looks more like Rolo to me except with green eyes. Cause this character has a somewhat similar hair hairstyle in the back not to mention look. I can sense him being my favorite already. <3 Or maybe that could be him? Who knows? I doubt it, but I still will like this character.

Spoiler for ....:

Spoiler for yeah I don't think so:
Honestly that character reminds me of Kewell Soresi (one of the Pure Bloods from S1):

Maybe a relative of his?
Old 2012-01-14, 21:21   Link #38
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Honestly that character reminds me of Kewell Soresi (one of the Pure Bloods from S1):

Maybe a relative of his?
Hmm could be? Maybe he could be another member of geass cult like Rolo and Mao?

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 21:43   Link #39
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Or maybe Kimura just can't draw many unique faces? I mean that's really the most logical explanation. :P
Old 2012-01-14, 23:43   Link #40
MasterVampire

Doesnt this OVA seem kinda pointless?

I mean if it doesn't have Lelouch in it or any Geass power why bother?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote