AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 08:34   Link #781
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Isn't that Washimine Yukio dressed as Suzumiya Haruhi in the next-to-last frame of the art book? Personally I think the more modest school-girl look better suits her, even when she's robbing banks. And who's that wearing the Nagato Yuki outfit in the background?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 09:00   Link #782
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Looks like Maki, the junior that always hang around her in the school.
Old 2007-01-08, 13:44   Link #783
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
So I guess there is a possibility for a 3rd season after all. I guess if they do decide to do it then they would need the fans support and enough material for another story arc. I guess 'Rei Hiroe' is pleased with the outcome of the animated series. I'm surprised that no one has thought to publish the manga over here. Yet we're getting the DVD. I'm for one am happy. In fact that will be my very NEXT suggestion for our animation collection here at work. Myself included. I can see that getting taking out a lot by students.

Yeah seems that link is dead now. I wish I could have seen some of those images on the 'Fabiola' character. I managed to see one on another site. It's a shot of her standing on top of something holding a big-assed gun. Man, what is it with the killer 'maids' these days? First 'Roberta' and now 'Fabiola'. Hahaha!!

If it happens they may wait until summer. But hey at least the creator wants to see a 3rd season.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 19:47   Link #784
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Maids sell. Loli maids with glasses sell triple the amount.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 09:26   Link #785
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Maids sell. Loli maids with glasses sell triple the amount.
Hahahaha!!! You got that right!

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 07:24   Link #786
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Now that Black Lagoon is over (until "Third Strike" that is ), and we know how powerful all the characters are now, let's do a little "Grudge Match" with our favourite anime characters.

I admit, this is done out of

1:
Sheer flight-of-fancy/bordom is Taiwan.
2:
Just watched the awesome Japanese-Cut of Kill Bill Volume 1, courtesy of Taiwanese Cable TV.

Round 1: Showdown of the Yakuza Lady-Boss Wannabes!!

Both are Foreign Women of incalculable financial and political power who vie of domiance of the Japanese Underworld.

One has the money and the guns, yet the other has acutally taken-over the Yakuza without the use of firearms, or more accurately, with Legendary Swordsmanship in the place of firearms.

Round One: Oren Ishi VS Balalaika. Who will take the throne of the Tokyo Underworld when the dust clears?

DING DING. ROUND ONE!!
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 09:46   Link #787
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This series both possesses a trigger-happy yet thought-provoking nature. Great.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 23:19   Link #788
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Now if only they animate the omake scenes from the end of the Manga Volumes for the "End-Skits" of the hopeful Thrid Season.

Rock Reverse Sexed... Only Noto Mamiko, (Yakumo of School Rumble) can have a voice that sweet, adorable and helpless for that skit.

Reverse Revy... Well, Hirokawa Ryo (Voice Of Japanese Vegeta) would do just dandy.
Old 2007-01-25, 01:37   Link #789
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If there was to be a Shenhua figure to be released, it would have to be a pull-string model with all her great quotes. ^^;;
Might not be a pull-string figure, but it is Shenhua, so....

And... Balalaika, anyone?

[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 23:51   Link #790
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Might not be a pull-string figure, but it is Shenhua, so....

WHOA she can sharpen my swords any time.

Quote:
And... Balalaika, anyone?

Hmm, looks like "original flavor" and not "extra crispy."
Old 2007-02-03, 07:03   Link #791
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Hmm, looks like "original flavor" and not "extra crispy."
Can't see the crispy side from this angle.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 07:46   Link #792
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Balalakika is one of the few women in the Black Lagoon Universe whose appearance is matches the hideous ugliness of her heart.

I would sooner find Krusty the Klown sexy and jump in bed with him than with this heartless child-murdering
Spoiler:
piece of cigar smoking crap.
Old 2007-02-04, 08:31   Link #793
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Balalakika is one of the few women in the Black Lagoon Universe whose appearance is matches the hideous ugliness of her heart.

I would sooner find Krusty the Klown sexy and jump in bed with him than with this heartless child-murdering
Spoiler:
piece of cigar smoking crap.
She forced Yukio?

It look more like Yukio not willing to wash her hands of it to me...
Yukio could have left at any time. But if the life of a Yakuza is what she wants, then the life of a Yakuza she would get. And she would die like a Yakuza too.

By the way, Roberta is a self-confessed past murderer of women and children in her previous job. I don't see you having a problem with it...

Seriously, they are criminals. ALL of them. If in her shoes, Chan would have done the same things. I don't see what's the big deal with singling out Balalaika.
Old 2007-02-04, 08:34   Link #794
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

[DOT].L: You've made my god damn year! :3

The Shenhua PVC is mine already, don't even need to think about this one.
Old 2007-02-04, 11:31   Link #795
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
By the way, Roberta is a self-confessed past murderer of women and children in her previous job. I don't see you having a problem with it...
Dear Valiant

There is a thing called remorse, that Roberta clearly possesses. At the very least she takes neither pleasurenor pride in what she has done, and unlike crispy, she (in a fashion) tries to atone for what she was (and rather sadly, still is) by at least bothering to try being a better human being.

Crispy, on the other hand (or in her case, claw) take maniacal glee in cornering her prey, and the more helpless they get, the wider she sneers and the colder she gloats. True, she take no romanticism about what she is, but bloody hell Crispy actually enjoys making helpless people suffer even when it is NOT necessary, and CONTINUES to do it with NO signs of stopping.

Some have accused Roberta of being pretentious in trying to step into the light; but in the "never forgive, never forget" context of the Black Laggon Universe, I consider what she does brave. She does not have the monetary nor political resource to stop the past from catching up, but the fact that she still wants to be a good person and chance death in the process speaks volumes for her strength of character.

Crispy, on the other hand, has it a LOT easier than both Roberta AND Yukio-Chan. She is bloody RICH enough to step into the light any female-parent-fornicating time she wants to. Hell, I would not be surprized that should she chose to run a legit company, her legion of followers would stand by her regardless.

But frankly, Krispy-The-Klown just dosen't WANT to even try in the first place.

There is no question who is the worse human being here between the two women.
Old 2007-02-04, 11:47   Link #796
rooboy
Umeboshi!

It's Ronin Aquila's pejorative for Balalaika.
Old 2007-02-04, 11:49   Link #797
chaos_alfa

Who is Crispy? I don't remember her seeing in the anime.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 11:52   Link #798
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Who is Crispy? I don't remember her seeing in the anime.
It's Ronin Aquila's perjorative for Balalaika. A pejorative is a disparaging name. Whenever Ronin Aquila says "Crispy" he's referring to Balalaika.

EDIT: And to be more on-topic, that Balalaika figure is okay, but the Shenhua one is really nice.
Old 2007-02-04, 15:40   Link #799
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I bet you wouldn't have dared uttering such blasphemy in her presence! Must respect a woman who can wear her scars proudly.

Quote:
Unfortunately, Krusty the Clown will not go to bed with you since he has yet to develop a comfort level to go to bed with the same sex. Besides, Balalaika looks fabulous in that uniform. Plus, she adores Rock. Oh, and not to mention she shoots silly Yakuzas at whim.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 18:45   Link #800
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Crispy, on the other hand, has it a LOT easier than both Roberta AND Yukio-Chan. She is bloody RICH enough to step into the light any female-parent-fornicating time she wants to. Hell, I would not be surprized that should she chose to run a legit company, her legion of followers would stand by her regardless.
Legit company for what?

They are soldiers. That's their speciality, and there is little else they are good at.

Yukio is young. She had a future ahead of her, rather than like Balalaika who had her young dreams ripped away long ago.

Further, you are dodging my point completely. The question isn't if anyone could walk away from a life of crime, but that YUKIO chose a life of crime when unlike most other characters in BL, she had a choice.

She died not because Balalaika did anything specifically, but because she chose to follow a path she isn't any good at. Given a chance, she would kill Balalaika too. She is the one in the pool of blood rather than Balalaika only because she lost, fair and square.
(As they say: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Yokio isn't going to be treated nicely by others just because she is young.)

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-02-04 at 19:37.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen