AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-25, 08:04   Link #481
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Okay guys. I'm back with three really big news.

1. The new update sequel title for this game is called: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
2. There will be a official locktest for the this game this Friday. As for the time I don't know yet, but hey, it's getting released.
3. There will be a new assist mechanic where the Blast/Burst icon should be.
Old 2015-06-26, 00:58   Link #482
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Okay guys. I'm back with another update. This time featuring a sneak peek showcasing of the updates two new additions: Emi and Quensar. While this is not high level, this is a great chance to see how these two characters look before they're in the locktest tomorrow (or today etc).

YouTube

Note: Chances are that this video could be taken down or removed sooner than you think, so you better watch this now or while you can. Well, enjoy! So until the locktest, until then, until then!
Old 2015-06-26, 01:14   Link #483
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Note: Chances are that this video could be taken down or removed sooner than you think, so you better watch this now or while you can. Well, enjoy! So until the locktest, until then, until then!
It won't be taken down, it was uploaded by Dengeki Online for their news article.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 08:52   Link #484
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Urgh. They romanized Quenser's name as Qwenthur.

Anyways, Quenser seems like a fun character to play as.
Old 2015-06-27, 10:15   Link #485
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, I must have missed out something early on but when did they have the ability to choose two assist characters? Then again both Lyfa and Kamijou weren't being used so what's that "charging" they're doing?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 10:36   Link #486
HasuMasu
*Artist

It's a new thing for Ignition.
Old 2015-07-03, 13:48   Link #487
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/03...north-america/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 23:22   Link #488
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

October release date huh? That might be a problem for me.

At this point they might as well bring it over to PS4. I wonder how good the Vita controls are for fighting games...
Old 2015-07-04, 05:30   Link #489
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
October release date huh? That might be a problem for me.

At this point they might as well bring it over to PS4. I wonder how good the Vita controls are for fighting games...
Blazblue worked great on the Vita, J-Stars VS+ not so much (imho). It all depends on how many inputs you need for the game. If the game uses the full Dualshock 3 then you'll get some tacked on touchscreen controls, otherwise the buttons on the Vita are some of the best buttons I've ever used and I just wish the Dualshock 3 ones had the same feel to them.
Old 2015-07-28, 07:07   Link #490
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

New Promo Video for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition:

YouTube
Old 2015-07-29, 21:59   Link #491
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax hits US Oct. 6, pre-order OST

Quote:
When Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax releases this fall on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, each launch copy will include a special Bonus Edition Soundtrack CD. The songs on the CD are inspired by classic SEGA titles, with contributions by notable SEGA composers such as Teruhiko Nakagawa (Shinobi), Naofumi Hataya (NiGHTS into Dreams…), Kenichi Tokoi (Sonic and the Secret Rings), Jun Senoue (Sonic Adventure series, Sonic Heroes, Sonic and the Black Knight), and others. The soundtrack will be only available for pre-orders and a limited quantity of launch edition retail games.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax is a 2D crossover fighting game featuring popular characters from Japanese novels published under the Dengeki Bunko label, and will be available this October in retail stores and digitally on PlayStation Network. The game will be $39.99 for the PS3 version and $29.99 for the PS Vita version.

The Dengeki Bunko collection boasts a vast array of beloved characters who lend themselves flawlessly to this highly balanced, easy-to-learn, high-action 2D fighting game. In Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax players attack, guard, and take damage in order to build their Climax Meter, allowing them to execute moves which recreate highlight scenes from the original novels, even adding specially arranged animations for characters who do not fight in the original works. The game includes characters from numerous Dengeki Bunko works alongside several fan-favorite SEGA characters brought together in SEGA-themed environments.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax is slated for release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and via digital download on PlayStation Network in October 2015.
Old 2015-08-06, 17:38   Link #492
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2015-08-20, 21:58   Link #493
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

'International licensing for the cast wasn’t too hard' - SEGA talks localizing Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, how it differs from Virtua Fighter
Snippet:
Quote:
Nyoro: Did you look at the popularity of each character when deciding to localize the game? Like, “Sword Art Online’s Asuna and Kirito are popular among anime fans, so it will appeal?” Or was it more “this game has characters from all these anime series, so it will appeal to all sorts of anime fans” in a general, wide-sweeping sense?

Sam: It’s a little bit of the second one. Obviously, in the West some characters will be much more popular than others mainly because of the access to those characters in terms of media. It’s really all about access and how well people can access the characters and their background. We don’t really know if any characters in DFC now or in the future will take off in the West, but because there’s such a wide variety, we figured it was a pretty good bet to go with this title.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/a...irtua-fighter/
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-20, 22:17   Link #494
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If you ask me, most of the people who would buy this would most likely know most of the shows and have seen at least half of them, with or without.... Official media

It seems more like an "Anime fan first, fighting game fan second" kind of thing.

EDIT: Oh I see there's more follow up-

Quote:
Sam: To immediately answer your question, the international licensing for the cast wasn’t too hard because all the characters are owned under the Dengeki Bunko overarching license. If I may speculate a little, what I think has happened over the past 20 years is that originally Japanese developers and creators who wanted to license content overseas weren’t very aware of how to go about it. So they offered it piecemeal and created all sorts of problems. Over time they’ve realized this is a bad idea and have altered the licensing structure to become much more intelligent and much easier to execute on. It’s still not easy, but it’s much easier than it used to be.
First step towards more Anime/LN series games being localized?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-08-20 at 22:30.
Old 2015-08-25, 01:15   Link #495
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Tatsuya Shiba confirmed to be a playable character.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/110/1110477/
Old 2015-08-25, 02:13   Link #496
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nevermind that it's Onii-sama, does this mean they're finally going to start making Assist Characters playable?!
Old 2015-08-25, 02:29   Link #497
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

That's all I take away from this news. I hope that means Touma and/or Accelerator become playable.
Old 2015-08-25, 06:36   Link #498
judasmartel
*Author

Tomoka Minato : Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax's answer to Captain Commando.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 08:33   Link #499
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nevermind that it's Onii-sama, does this mean they're finally going to start making Assist Characters playable?!
I'm hoping for Touma Kamijou to become playable. Seriously, Touma needs to punch Miyuki's "Onii-sama!"
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 11:40   Link #500
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Tatsuya Shiba confirmed to be a playable character.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/110/1110477/
In before Material Burst is part of a normal combo somehow

As others have mentioned already, I hope this means more supports become playable. Personally, I want to see Boogiepop and Kino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Tomoka Minato : Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax's answer to Captain Commando.
What? I know captain commando, but I don't understand the point here.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, ps vita, ps3