Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 11:06   Link #241
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
he helped in the making of the first season, but he's far more involved in the new one: screenplay,supervision...
it seems like we wanted to "control" the adaptation of his manga.
And this is what disturbs me the most - when someone else's adaptation of the manga is so much better than the author's own.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 12:03   Link #242
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 2 was not bad nice set up for whats coming. I cant wait for the ball to get rolling though there is going to so many bullets flying and multiple corpses. I think at the moment the Child Welfare agency is at full strength it should be interesting to see who gets what mission.
Old 2008-01-24, 00:09   Link #243
Calca
Expressionless

Pinochhio is quickly becomming one of my favorite characters in recent memory
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 00:40   Link #244
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Just finished Ep3, again uneven animation quality. If you like Triela, you get allot of her in it! The bad news....
Spoiler for EP3:

Last edited by Verist; 2008-01-25 at 00:43. Reason: Spoiler tag
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 07:58   Link #245
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 3

Animation was all over the place and shaky at times. Plus WTF is up with Triela Getting owned by Pino like that. Ok to be fair the guy is a world class assassin and proficient with knives and close range combat. But to beat her that badly with her cybernetic body just didnt seem real at all. Not only that but he managed to connect with Mike Tysons punch out Uppercut that knocked her unconscious, it was all a little to Convenient for my taste. Pino didnt get looked shocked when she took two knives to the arms and barely flinched, then even though he was willing to kill Aurora with a single thought all of sudden he couldnt pull the trigger to kill Triela? WTF . Then she cries in the corner and starts to rethink the purpose of her cyber enhanced body. I just was not feeling this episode at all things did not flow very well for me and the animation at times made it hard to watch. God i hopes this gets better.
Old 2008-01-25, 08:19   Link #246
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Sinestra: Because Triela 1) looked like the girl he had shot in childhood, 2) the bomb squad wasn't around anymore to give him bad rep.
Old 2008-01-25, 08:30   Link #247
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
@Sinestra: Because Triela 1) looked like the girl he had shot in childhood, 2) the bomb squad wasn't around anymore to give him bad rep.
Ok so she looked liked the little girl who he cold heartedly put a whole clip into. If thats the case it should have been easier for him to finish her off. I mean he did it once he could do it again, either way i dont seem lasting very much longer. Dont get me wrong Im happy he didnt Triela is my favorite out of the girls. As for your #2 lol i agree.
Old 2008-01-25, 08:31   Link #248
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
WTF is up with Triela Getting owned by Pino like that. Ok to be fair the guy is a world class assassin and proficient with knives and close range combat. But to beat her that badly with her cybernetic body just didnt seem real at all. Not only that but he managed to connect with Mike Tysons punch out Uppercut that knocked her unconscious, it was all a little to Convenient for my taste.
This is what happened in the manga too. Remember, Elsa committed suicide with a single bullet to her eye and through the head. And it's clear that any of the girls can take quite a few bullets on their body and yet still stands.

So it's clear that the Agency does not have the skills to enhance and amoure plate a head yet.

Quote:
Pino didnt get looked shocked when she took two knives to the arms and barely flinched.
Considering who he is, he must have heard something about the Agency.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 08:38   Link #249
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

Ok, so I guess there's hope for this yet. The aesthetics are still no where near as good as the first season. The "moe" argument for the character designs is an interesting one, but it still doesn't give a reason to forgive the shonky animation and overuse of shaky camera. But this ep had a better handle of the tone that the first season employed that was so susceptible to the type of drama GSG has. So that's good. With the right atmosphere, I'm willing to give a good story a chance, even if it does have less than perfect visuals.

The dialogue was actually really good. Sometimes it's hard to believe what the same writers can pen after a week. Comments on ep 3 to come...
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 08:44   Link #250
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
This is what happened in the manga too. Remember, Elsa committed suicide with a single bullet to her eye and through the head. And it's clear that any of the girls can take quite a few bullets on their body and yet still stands.

So it's clear that the Agency does not have the skills to enhance and amoure plate a head yet.

Considering who he is, he must have heard something about the Agency.
Elsa was different that was bullet at close range threw the head. Even assuming that the agency cant reinforce the armour in the girls head for fear of either stress on the frontal lobe or compressing the brain, its safe to assume they have some i just find it hard to believe that Pino's 1 freakin punch could knock Triela out like that. Maybe if he landed several blows first and then nailed her or hit her with something i could live with it but not this it was just poorly executed.

Of topic for a second i never mentioned how much I love both the OP and ED songs really sets the emotional pull for the series. Especially the ED's lyrics which i find beautiful.
Old 2008-01-25, 08:57   Link #251
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Elsa was different that was bullet at close range threw the head. Even assuming that the agency cant reinforce the armour in the girls head for fear of either stress on the frontal lobe or compressing the brain, its safe to assume they have some i just find it hard to believe that Pino's 1 freakin punch could knock Triela out like that. Maybe if he landed several blows first and then nailed her or hit her with something i could live with it but not this it was just poorly executed.
A punch to the head would knock anyone out with or without armor. Excepting the cases were the armor is some sort of plating on the exterior. If her head is bullet proof then the impact will go straight to the brain, otherwise it will absorb some of the impact and knock her out just the same.

I like her, but she doesn't have enough stealth in her approach. It was inevitable...
Old 2008-01-25, 09:03   Link #252
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
A punch to the head would knock anyone out with or without armor. Excepting the cases were the armor is some sort of plating on the exterior. If her head is bullet proof then the impact will go straight to the brain, otherwise it will absorb some of the impact and knock her out just the same.

I like her, but she doesn't have enough stealth in her approach. It was inevitable...
Well stealth was never her strong suit shes definetly the charge in head first type "no pun included" I just dont feel it i dont doubt he could have knocked her out i just really dont like the progression of it. I will say he obviously hit her pretty damn hard as Pino's hand was swollen to the size of a grapefruit. A sucession of punches with a final blow would have worked for me better, just my preference is all.
Old 2008-01-25, 09:21   Link #253
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It would have given her too much time to react. Note that she was catching on to his moves, just wasn't fast enough.
Old 2008-01-25, 09:35   Link #254
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3

Spoiler for What?:
Could not swallow that.

So far this series lacks the subtlety of its predecessor. Some of the drama in this was rather forced and important plot points like the one above were very hard to swallow. The music is so hit and miss in this as well. Some of it is quite lovely, like the ED theme in particularly, yet some is really tacky, such as the music that played in the action scene. Confidence levels for this anime... falling...
Old 2008-01-25, 10:24   Link #255
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 3

Spoiler for What?:
I think he doesn't like to kill with a gun. He has no problems with knives (in fact he reached for his knife to kill Aurora), but gunfire disgusts him.
Of course this is a bit contrived, but you wouldn't want my lovely Triela killed, now would you?

On a completely unrelated note, as an Italian I am enraged by Artland's mistake about Pinocchio's writer. Pinocchio was written by Carlo Collodi, not some guy named O. Ognissanti (Ognissanti is a catholic celebration of All Saints, held on 1st November).
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 11:23   Link #256
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for What?:
Could not swallow that.

So far this series lacks the subtlety of its predecessor. Some of the drama in this was rather forced and important plot points like the one above were very hard to swallow. The music is so hit and miss in this as well. Some of it is quite lovely, like the ED theme in particularly, yet some is really tacky, such as the music that played in the action scene.
Quote:
Confidence levels for this anime... falling...
Pinochio isn't evil, he isn't a cartoon villain either so whatever actions he takes are acceptable. Go watch Cartoons if it's so hard to swallow. Nobody said anime is more mature and that somehow you're obligated to watch it, if you don't understand it, stop watching it! What's with all this complaining about Pino not killing her anyway. It's like complaining some gang leader not chowing bauble gum anymore is somehow the end of the world.

Quote:
So far this series lacks the subtlety of its predecessor.
...or you just don't follow it. If everything seems too stupid to you, that's an indication You are the problem.
There are no anime that are purposely made to be "bad"/unlicked.

Some sequels are just not meant to appeal again for a certain portion of the fans.
Its real, it happens, if you're the unlucky bastard this time too bad for you...

I'm personally enjoying the show; it's smart, serious and has some personality.
Old 2008-01-25, 11:26   Link #257
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Pinochio isn't evil, he isn't a cartoon villain either so whatever actions he takes are acceptable. Go watch Cartoons if it's so hard to swallow. Nobody said anime is more mature and that somehow you're obligated to watch it, if you don't understand it, stop watching it! What's with all this complaining about Pino not killing her anyway. It's like complaining some gang leader not chowing bauble gum anymore is somehow the end of the world.

...or you just don't follow it. If everything seems too stupid to you, that's an indication You are the problem.
There are no anime that are purposely made to be "bad"/unlicked.

Some sequels are just not meant to appeal again for a certain portion of the fans.
Its real, it happens, if you're the unlucky bastard this time too bad for you...

I'm personally enjoying the show; it's smart, serious and has some personality.
Wow Cats the defender of GGII that was pretty harsh im sure it would not have been as harsh if said in person. I blame it on the intra web
Old 2008-01-25, 12:31   Link #258
Claes
Claes lover

So far, the music is terrible
Like the one playing in Pino vs Triella? Very terrible
The animation of the fight itself, I dare say that it doesnt exactly like I expected
But I'll wait for Round 2
Claes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 14:29   Link #259
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Wow Cats the defender of GGII that was pretty harsh im sure it would not have been as harsh if said in person. I blame it on the intra web
Really o.O ?! I actually read his posts on N-R, so I obviously I agree with like his POV, most of the time. I meant those as simple comparisons, but I guess I'm too blunt and comparing to cartoons - which btw, the oldies I do enjoy - is too... personal here. (Sorrow-K, sorry if I sounded mean) Unfortunately, I have a way of expressing simple things with many words and complex tings with little words, and the result isn't really pleasant...

And I'm no defender, you don't see me yapping around when things like the music in the show gets bullied.
I only commented on that one scene because I though others opinions/conclusions were unjust, and "rushed".
Old 2008-01-25, 18:55   Link #260
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I think he doesn't like to kill with a gun. He has no problems with knives (in fact he reached for his knife to kill Aurora), but gunfire disgusts him.
Of course this is a bit contrived, but you wouldn't want my lovely Triela killed, now would you?
Ah, you're right. Minor detail. The point is, given what we were presented with in this episode, he would have killed her had Franca not intervened. There's nothing they showed that would have suggested otherwise. The weapon could have been the difference in his ruthlessness, but, like you say, it's so contrived.
Quote:
Look, I'd have bought a sudden attack of conscience given what they showed of the character had it happened when he was about to kill the girl. But he didn't have it then... given how resolute he was about it at the time, and the fact that he initiated the "we must kill her" and "she'll cause problems for Uncle's plans", the only acceptable conclusion that the audience can draw from that is that he would have killed her had Franca not been there.

Why, if he's so ruthless with a girl he obviously knows is harmless, does he suddenly hesitate with a girl who just fired a shotgun at him. The only reason I can come up with is that the writers didn't want to kill of Triela yet... which is perfectly fine. But the attack of conscience seemingly happened to him randomly, which is what makes it so jarring. It's pretty much a DEM for Triela through Pinocchio suddenly remembering his first job as a child. Had the attack of conscience happened while he was threatening to kill the girl, even for a second, or had something happened between that and the first with Triela to spark his memory, I'd have bought it. But this smacks of the writers desperately trying to come up with a way for Triela to survive what is seemingly a hopeless situation (assuming that he shoots her in the eye, anyway), rather than an attempt to make Pinocchio seem like the complex, tortured assassin. It was all too convenient.

Tags
action, loli, seinen