AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 18 23.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 29.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 22.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-17, 18:29   Link #21
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Its not this season. Just this arc. Never read so many complaints. Misuzu looked better here actually. I've said this before, they got better arcs and fights to put money,animation, and time on. This arc even in the novels had me more concentrated on comedy.
okay i know im criticizing too much(and i didnt say anything about the poor direction choices like reminding us of something from 2 eps ago) but its just that compared to first season this one really falls short,thats maybe of OYZ and aniplex having usually good quality standarts(or maybe its because anything with square-enix on the credits sucks nowadays), and about taking this arc as a comedy relief is hard since 50% of the comedy of the novels is not making it to the anime, not complaining about that since i know its cuz time constraints.

dont take me for a hater i love the series, i even consider S1 the best anime ive seen, im just dissapointed that this season havent been on par, and the last episodes really maje jc looks bad.

about the second post, no look at the splatter in toumas face and in this episode komoe, this episode looks plain just like a stain not a aplatter, also you cant see any texture as you do on season 1, about day and nigth, yeah the scenes in the nigth seem better, but compare the figth with etzali, or index vs golem, it still looks great in season 1.

finally next ep is 12 so apostles cross its after that.
Old 2010-12-17, 18:43   Link #22
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
okay i know im criticizing too much(and i didnt say anything about the poor direction choices like reminding us of something from 2 eps ago) but its just that compared to first season this one really falls short,thats maybe of OYZ and aniplex having usually good quality standarts(or maybe its because anything with square-enix on the credits sucks nowadays), and about taking this arc as a comedy relief is hard since 50% of the comedy of the novels is not making it to the anime, not complaining about that since i know its cuz time constraints.

dont take me for a hater i love the series, i even consider S1 the best anime ive seen, im just dissapointed that this season havent been on par, and the last episodes really maje jc looks bad.
Funny since this arc is like the deep blood arc. It probably got some people bored but if they watched the whole thing they'll overall love it. Alot of us novel readers are gonna watch this season throughout till the last second cuz we know what to expect. You say 50% of comedy taken out but to me the comedy was better even within the novels. lol You know, looking for those fun misaka x touma scenes
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 18:44   Link #23
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

hey, but the new epic background music never failed to amaze me (especially the part when they're tracking Oriana)...

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Aki-Furaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 18:53   Link #24
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
All right, that confirms it. Oriana needs to die a very painful death.
How can that happen when Touma is the one doing the "kills?"

At least most people who have survived Touma should be grateful he is not Accelerator. Else we'll get a "I have this awesome right hand, so as I stop your stuff from working I'm thinking how to kill you too" Touma.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 19:07   Link #25
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Um, anyone know what week index is on break?
Old 2010-12-17, 19:09   Link #26
Miraluka
Banned

Well isn't the time for Touma to feel a desire to kill, not yet.

If there is something doesn't fails is the BGM.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 19:11   Link #27
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i was expecting mizusu to remind mikoto of her dad and what would happen if he knew about mikotos crush, and this passing trhough her head:
Spoiler for run touma:
Old 2010-12-17, 19:17   Link #28
outerelf

Watched the episode on a Friday for once instead of Saturday like usual, when it's come out for once. All I have to say is that I adore you Hinegami, and I hope you get better soon. Really soon.

I, for once, could see the odd animation, but I didn't much care Makes me want to go back and watch the other episodes as well.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 19:17   Link #29
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I liked how Biri Biri said that the fondue that her mother brought was dangerous to Academic City, surprised Index held back on biting Touma this time.

So Oriana's partner is finally shown, was it Lidvia? well she hasn't done anything yet.
Biri Biri attacking Touma while hugging Index was great. So Sherry is working with Orsola now, its good that they show how past characters are doing, i forgot what they were working on, was it related to the case?

The Tsuchimikado-Oriana fight could have been better, but hen again he can't use too much magic, i liked his bluff, surprising she fell for it.

The final scene was the worst, i definitely hate Oriana after doing that cruel thing to Himegami, just bad luck for her to be mistaken a Necessarious person, looks like Komoe remembered the spell that Index taught her to heal, so hopefully Himegami lives and gets better.

Touma better do something next ep, looked like Lidvia will make a move finally next ep.
Old 2010-12-17, 19:18   Link #30
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
i was expecting mizusu to remind mikoto of her dad and what would happen if he knew about mikotos crush, and this passing trhough her head:
Spoiler for run touma:
On that gif the only thin I can link with Index is Stiyl chasing Touma if he ever tries to be "unlucky" with a girl in front of him.

Anyone else noticed how Touma seems to have inmunity to get dirt?
Old 2010-12-17, 19:32   Link #31
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Spoiler for run touma:
Naw thats what happens when touma accidentally add Sun to his harem (>3<)
Old 2010-12-17, 19:36   Link #32
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Naw thats what happens when touma accidentally add Sun to his harem (>3<)
I think thats impossible Touma facing NaGARsumi and ending alive, its like facing a Saint on "You are already dead" mode .
Old 2010-12-17, 19:48   Link #33
D-Gold
Aurum

This episode seemed liked it ended to soon. I wasn't paying attention to the time and I was getting excited thinking about what would happen next and then the credits came up-_-
Old 2010-12-17, 20:42   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll wait until the HQ version is out before anything.

It seems to me that we've been watch Index episodes as something like a 'checklist', slowly ticking away at stuff that appears and then complain about those that didn't make it

That said, things seem to be moving very fast, have they already solve the mystery of the St Peter's Cross and how it's activated already?! Don't tell me next episode concludes this arc?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

I liked the Himegami/Komoe scene quite a bit. The music really helped to reinforce the feeling of "isolated feelings' that Himegami has for Touma. Felt quite a bit like the Fukiyose 'almost-kissu' scene in terms of expression of feelings and thoughts go.
Mah for me I was generally happy the way it turns out, Himegami is a girl that had a low impression of herself as compared to the other girls/person around Touma, hence why she never made a move to trouble him. I'm glad that she got a relatively important role in this arc, even if it comes at a cost. As evil as it sounds, I wanted to see Stiyl forcing Touma man-up to step across Hmiegami's bleeding body to chase after Oriana.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-12-17 at 20:57.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 21:35   Link #35
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Ah, Misaki's mother making fun of her own daughter's assets, the cruelty. Cheer up Mikoto, at least its in the genes.

Poor Himegami >.<
Old 2010-12-17, 22:16   Link #36
Mazryonh

I don't get it; is it a private joke of the light novel's author or among J.C. Staff that "milk/milk products increases the bust size of teenage girls"? First there was Mii Konori with her Musashi Milk, then now there's Seiri with her constant milk-in-a-box drinking, and now Mikoto's own mother offering her cheese fondue to help with Mikoto's bust size?

Is this just a running gag from the author or is this actually a popular urban legend among young adult women in Japan?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 22:23   Link #37
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Weekly LN comparison here! There's a lot of important information, so I split it up into two parts.

Stiyl meets Komoe:
Spoiler for volume 10 resumption of hostilities:

Stiyl meets Komoe part 2:
Spoiler for volume 10 resumption of hostilities:

Tsuchimikado vs. Oriana:
Spoiler for volume 10 accidental firing:
Old 2010-12-17, 22:24   Link #38
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ironically, it is probably tsukimikado's bluff that got himegami hurt. Oriana suddenly got an idea that there are more out there looking for her and thus begin attacking anyone who resembles like an enemy.
Old 2010-12-17, 22:25   Link #39
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Himegami's collapse:

Touma and Stiyl find Himegami:

I do agree that the animation was iffy in this episode as well, especially in the beginning. I thought it was a pretty good episode, but I am kind of confused as to why there was no blood shown in Tsuchimikado's fight when he should be very weakened due to using magic and there was so much blood shown in the Himegami scene.

Tsuchimikado was able to bluff Oriana into thinking he could contact Kanzaki because he assumed that Oriana knew nothing about Eastern magic.

If anyone is still confused, the cross Himegami is wearing was a gift from the British Puritans sent to her after the Deep Blood Arc to seal off her powers. It is a Walking Church, the same kind of protection Index herself had at the beginning of the series. Oriana who was paranoid of enemies tracking her down at the time acted on impulse and attacked her.
Old 2010-12-17, 22:42   Link #40
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I have to say that the music / soundtrack for this show is excellent. It might be generic electronica to some but it does well to stand on its own and work very, very well with the show. It's moving when it needs to be, epic when it needs to be, it's great.

That said if someone like Orina decided to lay down on the ground and freaking SPREAD EAGLE in front of me there's going to be a different type of magic going on. She'd need Kuroko's wheelchair when I'm done with her.

I think Orina is the real magician here, how the FUCK does she keep those massively wonderful baby feeders in that tube top?

My god~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote