AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-07-10, 01:48   Link #1061
Continuity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Titans is not a "sex" male /or female right? But you say that for a long Ymir wander as titans and becoming it has "become" a woman
The Titan can not "choose" their gender right?
Well, that's the thing. None of the titans appear to have a gender, except Annie (whose titan form obviously has breasts). Also, if you notice that Annie is never really part of the group with Bertholt and Reiner (it's always Bertholt and Reiner together, and Annie alone). Also, going back to the flashback with Bertholt, Reiner, and their friend (Berik), it makes me wonder if perhaps Annie was a later addition to the trio.

I actually think that there are two types of titan shifters-- the Ymir/Reiner/Bertholt type, and then the injection type (Eren). And I think Annie could actually be an injected titan-- probably not via Grisha, but in a similar form (Annie doesn't have a very unique titan form, does she? It's basically just her in human form, but larger...just like Eren's. Compare that to Bertholt [huge 60m class], Reiner [unique outer shell]. Ymir is the titan who looks most like a normal titan, being just an 8m class-ish, it appears, although she does have unique black eyes).
Continuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 10:31   Link #1062
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Kesuke View Post
The only question i have here is ; who gave Reiner etc. the intel about when to move ? None a them were close to Grisha so they couldn't possibly know about the "secret" nor the serum .. So who ordered them to move at that time ?
The first possibility is the simplest. At some point before the attack, the Recon Corps (or, just possibly, other explorers) stumbled across something that held the key to understanding the titans. Titan-Town witnessed the Recon Corps make this discovery and felt threatened by that fact for some reason.

The second possibility is a spy or traitor (or multiples thereof) amongst the decision-makers or scientists of Walled Humanity. Annie has shown she can scale the walls in titan form, so getting agents inside is doable. Once inside they'd split up to avoid suspicion. The difficulty of temporarily passing oneself off as a wanderer would depend on the rigor of the census counts humanity employs, but it may be doable. Creating a cover that let someone spy on Walled Humanity's scientists, military officers, and governors would be harder, but that is doable as well (assuming that the census records haven't managed to do the spies in). The spies would need to get hired as servants to some decently ranked officials. Finally, we come to communication, which would require some of the infiltrators to act as go-betweens instead of doing spywork. (The go-betweens would need the freedom to shuttle messages back and forth, and so couldn't afford to be tied down with a job that let them snoop.) We're talking a good deal of time to set up and a slow system of communication, and that's not even getting into the motive Titan-Town would have for sending a spy in the first place. A native turncoat to Walled Humanity would require far less maneuvering, but as of yet we have no indication as to what motive such a turncoat would have, or how Titan-Town and this turncoat would open lines of communication.

There is also the chance that the attack really was just a coincidence. It's tempting to link Grisha's revelation and the Colassal Titan/Armored Titan one-two punch together, and fiction seems to hate the idea of coincidences, but there doesn't seem to be any proof of the idea that Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt knew that the secret of the titans had been uncovered.

The first possibility, that the Recon Corps discovered something, seems to be the most likely. Spies or traitors would suffer from slow communication, would take a great deal of time and effort to either contact or put in place, and have no reason to even exist as far we can see at this point. Coincidence is certainly possible, but fiction tends to hate coincidence and it does seem a bit odd to think that two landmark events of that century (finding out the truth about the titans and the wall being broken) have nothing to do with wach other.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 15:21   Link #1063
Aimop95

I don't know why the military police aren't torturing the life out of those cultists.
Old 2013-07-10, 17:44   Link #1064
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Again, Reiner was probably teasing Berth, so I think I find the Berth/Annie has little to no evidence to be legitimate and is somewhat out of the blue.
Meh, it just seems like something to add to Bert's small list of characteristics. He's one of the plainest characters I've ever seen when you take away him being the Colossal Titan. Bert liking Annie did seem to come out of nowhere anyways.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 05:58   Link #1065
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimop95 View Post
I don't know why the military police aren't torturing the life out of those cultists.
Gotta love how manga governments just avoid torturing people to make em speak. Sure the priest would not talk to being threatened to kill but unbearable pain has a great way of swaying the mind. Plus there are so many forms of torture besides creating pain some one would be bound to break and give answers in no time.
Old 2013-07-11, 06:24   Link #1066
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Gotta love how manga governments just avoid torturing people to make em speak. Sure the priest would not talk to being threatened to kill but unbearable pain has a great way of swaying the mind. Plus there are so many forms of torture besides creating pain some one would be bound to break and give answers in no time.
Torture is not totally reliable at least.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 07:16   Link #1067
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
american government dislikes this element aniway it is the truth that torture is not completly reliable. Tortured people would tell you anything, even things that are not true . And they would be going against the church in a way that would expose them.At most they could use psychological torture against him so that they don't leave proofs
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 21:30   Link #1068
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
And so, the most effective way of interrogation: hallucinogenic drug injection. Surely those cultists will spill the beans truthfully.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 08:08   Link #1069
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
american government dislikes this element aniway it is the truth that torture is not completly reliable. Tortured people would tell you anything, even things that are not true . And they would be going against the church in a way that would expose them.At most they could use psychological torture against him so that they don't leave proofs

America dislike torture lol you sir are funny. The government here loves torture and interrogation.

Quote:

Torture is very reliable actually. Especially when so and so says they already know the information.

Torturing some one to get information not that hard. Then again if there is no one with knowledge on torture and human psychology what torture techniques to use in what situation then it would be useless so nvm.
Old 2013-07-12, 09:44   Link #1070
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
What if the government is behind everything?
Old 2013-07-12, 11:19   Link #1071
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Meh, I don't see why they would screw themselves over, or if anything keep themselves protected against the Titans when they can just order themselves to get eaten in some way.
And Monkey Troubles. "IDK WHAT 3DMG IS." That's a key phrase in all discussions.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 11:52   Link #1072
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
Meh, I don't see why they would screw themselves over, or if anything keep themselves protected against the Titans when they can just order themselves to get eaten in some way.
And Monkey Troubles. "IDK WHAT 3DMG IS." That's a key phrase in all discussions.
???
I neither get what you're saying nor what you're trying to imply. What does Monkey trouble have to do with the shady things going on inside the walls? He's clearly an outsider.
Old 2013-07-12, 23:42   Link #1073
BoyTitan

Quote:
Oh ya...good point.
Old 2013-07-13, 09:16   Link #1074
reaper16

so hey guys this is my first reply in this forum
i was thinking about the origins of titans well i thnik that the titans were created by humans , for example people wanted to live for ever without the necessity to eat or other needs ..
but somehow the experience went wrong so a lot humans turned into titans just look at Ymir when she told reiner that she was lost for 60 years !!!
so what do you think about this theory
reaper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:12   Link #1075
Aimop95

Quote:
I know right? I mean, unless those cultists want to be eaten, they better spill what they know to defeat these monsters. Or provide a means for either the humans to integrate with the monsters or at least co-exsist.
Old 2013-07-14, 08:52   Link #1076
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
???
I neither get what you're saying nor what you're trying to imply. What does Monkey trouble have to do with the shady things going on inside the walls? He's clearly an outsider.
hu uh. Just like claymore, basically there are humans living in outside world.
government behind everything coz look at the fvkin wall already, full of colossal.
The king and monkey titan and reiner/bert/annie and ymir are probably from different 'faction' of titan
Old 2013-07-15, 14:33   Link #1077
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
hu uh. Just like claymore, basically there are humans living in outside world.
government behind everything coz look at the fvkin wall already, full of colossal.
The king and monkey titan and reiner/bert/annie and ymir are probably from different 'faction' of titan
No that's not what I meant. For short, I was asking what Monkey trouble has to do with the government not torturing the priests.
Old 2013-07-15, 14:47   Link #1078
Kiltias

Quote:
Reminds me of Pixis'.

"What if a mighty Enemy appears that ain't Human?Humanity may unite to fight the enemy and stop fighting amongst themselves."

Wouldn't be surprised if that is true but:
A - The Enemy became too strong.
B - Humanity = Shit.

Cause it to fail.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 10:18   Link #1079
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Annie called herself a warrior. Reiner and Bert called themselves the warriors too. I have some kind of idea that warriors are the font-liners who always make the situation changed. For instance Reiner and Bert broke the wall, Annie planned an attempt to kidnap Eren and made a huge chaos. On the otherhand, hand downs to Yamir. She's cunning, even though not at the same level, almost as thoughtful as Armin.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 10:43   Link #1080
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Annie called herself a warrior. Reiner and Bert called themselves the warriors too. I have some kind of idea that warriors are the font-liners who always make the situation changed. For instance Reiner and Bert broke the wall, Annie planned an attempt to kidnap Eren and made a huge chaos. On the otherhand, hand downs to Yamir. She's cunning, even though not at the same level, almost as thoughtful as Armin.

Warriors IMO are more about the Shifters.
Was there anyone else except Shifters who called themselves that?

Annie said she failed as a Warrior.
Reiner was once a Warrior.
Bertholdt said he and Reiner are Warriors.

I think it's a matter of Allignment.

Annie said she does not want to play Soldier, Bertholdt said Reiner is not a Soldier.

So I do think:
If you're a Soldier, you fight for your race, your government, humanity etc.
If you're a Warrior, you fight for your own Goals, for noone but for what you believe in.

Annie was told to make the world her enemy, that fits to calling herself as failure of a warrior because she was shown to actually care for Eren,Armin and when she destroyed the church she was obviously feeling something when she killed the people.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote