AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-04, 21:52   Link #761
redgrnbluylw

Did anyone else expect just a bit more out of this episode? Gosh, I wanted this episode to hook me so bad, and my enjoyment is about 90% there, but why does this episode still feel like just buildup, like the previous three episodes? I was looking for that hook that unfortunately for me just wasn't there. It was a good try from SHAFT, but there was not the hook I was looking for. I feel like they're building up for something else entirely; one thing I know is that SHAFT is not dumb. They may be somewhat inane at times, but they certainly aren't dumb. My major complaint is that it all feels like buildup when we should be past that by now. (And im an anime only watcher. No spoilers please. ) Anyone else feel the same way?
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 22:43   Link #762
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Nope, he is not the producer of the anime project.
Why is everyone under the impression that Jin actually has some form of authority in the anime project? This blame game is getting really silly.

I might add, using SHAFT is not his idea either, but his sponsors.
Because he has. Do you think he'll not oversee and come up with suggestions on how to improve the anime if its going on the wrong turn?
Its his property. He has the every right to intervene as much as the other producers. People who are participating in the blame game is obviously for protecting either Jin or shaft or trolling in general like in JP forums lolololl. They didn't have enough trust on these guys.

He personally chose shaft. He is talking about this on interviews on magazines about the anime.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 23:00   Link #763
Clarste
Human

I think the "blame game" is only being used to protect Jin here. People are trying to argue that it's not his fault that the anime doesn't meet their expectation. I don't think anyone's arguing that it's Jin's fault, because there's no motive to. Only pre-existing fans would care one way or another, and those are by definition fans of Jin.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 23:49   Link #764
Shadow5YA

There's also the issue of QUALITY animation. Shaft touches aside, it's pretty clear the budget for this is lower than what they have for their other show, Nisekoi.

Add in the rumored 1 episode per BD disc, and it feels like Aniplex or whoever the sponsors are thought they could get away with anything just because the franchise already has an established fanbase.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 01:07   Link #765
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Add in the rumored 1 episode per BD disc, and it feels like Aniplex or whoever the sponsors are thought they could get away with anything just because the franchise already has an established fanbase.
It isn't rumor, they already announced back from the time episode 1 aired that there will be 12 BDs, with each BD contain 1 episode plus 1 music single and other stuff. Many shared that same thought with you back then, including me.

Can we stop this now? I admit to be a bit too occupied in comparing between the anime and its original source which came out to people as adding more to what people see as "blame game", but no matter what we try to pin our opinions on who is responsible for what, it still doesn't change that the presentation of the episode is pretty hit-or-miss for people, fans or non-fans of the original source. Whether you feel satisfied or not, it's already said and done and there is nothing we can do that can make the show improve itself.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 01:32   Link #766
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
no idea what's going on in episode 4 lol.

the disjointed narrative is pretty unique for the season.
I have no idea what's going on in any of these episodes. Well. Not quite, I'm figuring bits and pieces out as it comes.

This episode was the trippiest yet. I was sort of following until the dream sequence....or was it a dream sequence? Wasn't expecting the truck, that was disturbing and a bit surprising, heh. There's a lot of symbolism, but it's really abstract. I'm not sure what to make of it.

The narrative structure reminds me of Touka Gettan, where you don't really get what's going on until you figure out why the order of events feels wrong.
Old 2014-05-05, 04:21   Link #767
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I think the "blame game" is only being used to protect Jin here. People are trying to argue that it's not his fault that the anime doesn't meet their expectation. I don't think anyone's arguing that it's Jin's fault, because there's no motive to. Only pre-existing fans would care one way or another, and those are by definition fans of Jin.
What I don't like about this whole blame game is that... Whatever Shaft has pulled out so far actually met Jin's expectation.
He was overjoyed at how the final product turned out. (You mat refer to Spoon2Di at how he loved all this.)
The whole Jin destroyed this, Shaft destroyed that is just silly.
What happened here is not who destroyed the franchise, but simply a gap between the creators and its audience on how they interpret this piece of work.

I didn't like Jin and Shaft's take on the anime myself. But portraying them as they were purposefully sabotaging this project is a bit too much.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 05:17   Link #768
cleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
"Screw you, cat"

Damn, got shivers down my spine with that.
That makes two of us.
The ep really worked for me, despite being anime-only. I loved the crow symbolism, and Hibiya's despair was gripping.

After that I watched the PV. Watching the entire song, with its fast paced lyrics, gives it more feelling of urgency than in the anime. And though the crows worked for me, seeing how long Hibiya has been in that loop was still a shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
My major complaint is that it all feels like buildup when we should be past that by now.
I think we're still buiilding up as well, with the introduction of new characters every ep. But we know more than in ep 1, and a cat with red eyes implies that someone from the group is involved.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 05:36   Link #769
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
I think we're still buiilding up as well, with the introduction of new characters every ep. But we know more than in ep 1, and a cat with red eyes implies that someone from the group is involved.
Well, all of the main actors from the opening now have made their entrance, so what I hope, at least from the preview, is that next episode there would be more expositions regarding characters from the first 4 episodes, and some characters officially joining the gang.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2014-05-05, 08:52   Link #770
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Images
ep 4
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Source

Props to whoever recognize who said all these quotes (these quotes are not from this series, btw).
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2014-05-05, 09:48   Link #771
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Images
ep 4
Spoiler for large:

Props to whoever recognize who said all these quotes (these quotes are not from this series, btw).
Annnnnnnd now I've got those shivers again.
Old 2014-05-05, 10:56   Link #772
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Dammit...was hentai shota's house this big O__o

It's even better than Shintaro's room...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I watched the music video afterward and felt it was pretty empty. I won't say the anime had much impact either since the whole thing felt dreamlike, but the music wasn't any better imo. And I think that final line in the anime conveyed his frustration 500% better than the robotic voice quickly reciting the same line in the middle of a longer lyric.
There's a reason why I listen to utaite covers and refer to the MVs only for visual info....Well, honestly though, you can't judge Kagepro's vocals by normal standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
ok.....that was weird.

Spoiler:

I missed the main cast this week.
You are pretty much correct
Old 2014-05-05, 11:17   Link #773
MCAL

Quote:
Images
ep 4

Source

The Higurashi reference is pretty apt.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 13:34   Link #774
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The final moments was the only thing I truly liked about this episode because otherwise it was another dull affair. It's a sign that the writers are really grasping for straws when they're forced to repeat the same gag over and over again to fill in the episode. I really didn't need to see the MC whimpering about the wild dogs several times. In any case it's been four episodes and I've yet to see this show finally move past the damn premise. I'd like to think it'll start moving now but I was thinking the exact same thing at the end of all the previous episodes and I've been consistently shot down.

I'll give it one more episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 14:02   Link #775
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Images
ep 4

Source

Damn that was really cool yo! The episode had mad symbolism in the background. There was even a massive Light Novel spoiler!

I don't have much of a comment on the whole "sabotage" stuff. If this is the direction Jin + Shaft wish to go, then so be it. They know far more info then we do, so we could be interpreting stuff in the wrong light. Hopefully it gets resolved in the later episodes if that is the case. Either way, this anime would still get a 3.5/5 from me at this juncture.

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 17:34   Link #776
askara

wow i watched the Kagerou Daze video but Hiyori is such a bitch in the anime compare to the image i got from MV, almost like a different person. i cant imagine how she can be worst in LN(btw is it any good the LN?)

can anyone recommend me a good channel on youtube with all translated sub? it is so confusion with so many video i dont know what order to watch. also who is a good cover for those video? personally i think real voice sound much better than those vocaloid voice
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 17:49   Link #777
AkumaPrincess
Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post

can anyone recommend me a good channel on youtube with all translated sub? it is so confusion with so many video i dont know what order to watch. also who is a good cover for those video? personally i think real voice sound much better than those vocaloid voice
Here's a good playlist
It has all of them in chronological order.

I watched the episode a couple more times and it was a little bit more revealing than the initial viewing.

Spoiler for About Hiyori:
AkumaPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 18:09   Link #778
askara

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaPrincess View Post
Here's a good playlist
It has all of them in chronological order.

I watched the episode a couple more times and it was a little bit more revealing than the initial viewing.

Spoiler for About Hiyori:

thanks but regarding Hiyori
Spoiler for Kagerou Daze mv:
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 21:11   Link #779
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
For reference, you can read through my post here to see which order of songs you would like to listen to. For more covers, put the name of a specific song on the search bar in this utaite wikia page. Not all videos have covers though, only the popular ones that got uploaded on NND get covers.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2014-05-05, 23:47   Link #780
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Having suffered through so many negative posts here, I thought I'd better re-watch the episode. Maybe I was wrong to like it. Maybe all these people are right.

Fortunately for me, I loved it at least as much the third time as I did on the first two. The dense landscape of poles and wires at the beginning was amazing, moving, with that music. Ano oba-san ("that old lady") deserved to be repeated, because it was such a weird and wonderful line. Hiyori's repeated kimoi ("creepy") was hilarious, so well said by Koiwai Kotori (Iwai in Crime Edge). The image of Hiyori and Hibiya sitting in a snowstorm whenever Konoha gave a cold answer was strong and funny, especially with the little hitch in the timing. The floating bubbles in his daydream of her reaction to the keychain reminded me of an episode of Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, which I remembered fondly. Must find that ep. The beautiful sudden timing of his being shot down was great. So was the fact that she then turned to appreciating his having bought the thing she asked for. And so on. Good stuff every few seconds from start to finish, for me. And the inescapable repetitions of death were handled in a way that worked for me.

I'm not going to claim I "understand" everything, or have a clear idea of a plot. But this just seems like a high-quality operation all the way through, to me. The typical excellence of Shinbou imagery and rhythms, but with fascinating mysteries and interactions, and strong lines from first-time anime-writer Jin. Perhaps there is a sense in which the script is like the words to a song.

Anyway, I'm not saying everyone has to like this the way I do. But I did want to give a few examples of things in it that struck me, so people could at least have a hint of how on earth someone could like this show.

I've updated the characters/seiyuus page to include Ayano (Nakahara Mai) and Hiyori (Koiwai Kotori).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft