AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-04-17, 11:07   Link #1
InuYasha~

codec issues

Hello im new here so go easy on me

I was searching the forums to look the XviD codec that i need and i found out ohters stuff too Oo;; Well my problem is this: I d/l Tenshi No Shippu Chu! for no apparent reason (i need other anime im getting bored in my house) and when i viewed it it said i needed the XviD codec.

Then when i went to the forum and searched for help like any reasonable being i got confused and saw about ffdsomething (can't fully remember the name) and to uninstall DivX and other codec and players like that so i would like to go about the question of what are good video players for anime and what i should uninstall (currently i used windows player 9 and DivX for dl) and what codecs are needed to view anime to dl such as from kazaalite and animesuki.

Just for info *i think* i tried to watch Tenshi nno shippu but it didn't work cuz i needed the XviD

Thanks a lot you guys if you do reply-
Old 2004-04-17, 11:17   Link #2
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

The whole thing with ffdshow is to uninstall all your codecs and codec packs (divx,xvid etc etc) then just install ffdshow by itself

as for the player...it's really up to you for which player you use...(but i don't think using the divx player is a good idea) i myself use wmp9 and i have mpc as a back up...many other people use bsplayer, the older version of wmp...if you want you can always do a search...cause i know that there's a thread around here somewhere that talks about people's favorite players...and through that you get ideas for which you can use

edit: here's the link

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...avorite+player
Old 2004-04-17, 22:30   Link #3
InuYasha~

Still i can't view Tenshi no shippu chu without XVID where do i dl it XD and all these future codecs i need 0.-
Old 2004-04-18, 00:09   Link #4
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYasha~
Still i can't view Tenshi no shippu chu without XVID where do i dl it XD and all these future codecs i need 0.-
Media Configuration Guide
Old 2004-04-18, 14:35   Link #5
InuYasha~

YAY it works thankies -